PDA

View Full Version : Secret hideout found in shopping mall...

TheGovernor
04-Oct-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/10/02/secret.apartment.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

This guy said he got the idea from an ad. I'm surprised he didn't cite Dawn...

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 07:17 PM
Trippy. Sort of reminds me of that story not too long ago where some guy was living for several months in a crawlspace at one of those Big Box stores- Wallmart, I think. If I remember correctly, this guy was on the run, but managed to live at the store unnoticed for quite a while, swiping food from the shelves, taking back to his crawlspace books and a PS2 and TV/VCR combo. I forget how he was caught, but I recall thinking that if I was ever in a homeless situation and had the balls to do it, this would be the way to go.

axlish
04-Oct-2007, 08:21 PM
Hilarious. Props to them.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2007, 08:30 PM
This part of the article is insane:

Townsend said he was inspired by a Christmastime ad for the mall which featured a "an enthusiastic female voice talking about how great it would be if you (we) could live at the mall."

Obviously, nothing has been learned since 1978.

SRP76
04-Oct-2007, 10:39 PM
Trippy. Sort of reminds me of that story not too long ago where some guy was living for several months in a crawlspace at one of those Big Box stores- Wallmart, I think. If I remember correctly, this guy was on the run, but managed to live at the store unnoticed for quite a while, swiping food from the shelves, taking back to his crawlspace books and a PS2 and TV/VCR combo. I forget how he was caught, but I recall thinking that if I was ever in a homeless situation and had the balls to do it, this would be the way to go.

That guy's my new hero.:lol:

Just goes to show how non-observant the employees in these places really are.

kortick
04-Oct-2007, 10:50 PM
I shop at that mall all the time

they made trips carrying furniture and supplies
up the stairs for months

there was no bathroom so they used the ones in the mall

they built a wall

the similarities between dawn and this are really amazing

this is the mall i bought my land of the dead figures at

MikePizzoff
05-Oct-2007, 12:05 AM
That's great! I love how oblivious some people really are! Surprise!

Danny
05-Oct-2007, 12:26 AM
hahaha!, fan-bloody-tastic!:lol:

Philly_SWAT
05-Oct-2007, 04:58 PM
I heard about this first on TV. I think it goes to show the ingenuity of some of today's youth. I think it would be easier than most people think to build a false wall almost anywhere.

MissJacksonCA
08-Oct-2007, 02:10 AM
I bet the security guards were all like SWEET man hang-out! Kinda sucks that they rained on the parade...

vill666
08-Oct-2007, 03:21 AM
awesome!