PDA

View Full Version : XBox noob needs help...

ProfessorChaos
08-Oct-2007, 04:54 AM
What's up gang? Taking the advice of many of you, I have decided to take the XBox 360 plunge, primarily due to Halo3. I played it a bit last night at my buddy's place, and totally loved it...count me in!:cool:

Unfortunately, I've only got about half of the $ needed to bring home the Elite package, Halo3, plus the wireless network adapter. So it's gonna be a month or so, which sucks moose balls through straws.:(

So, to hold me over, my buddy let me borrow/use his regular XBox to catch up on the moves, online play, etc. As I said, I need a wireless network adapter...can I use the same one for both the 360 for the original XBox? If that's the case, I'll go get one tomorrow...

If not, does anyone have a wireless adapter for their original XBox that they no longer need and are willing to sell? I've seen ones online used for like 50 bucks (with shipping), but don't really want to pay that much, as it'll take $ from my 360 funds. If anyone has one to sell, PM me with details. Can't wait to get online with this....I feel like such a late bloomer.

Thanks, and I'll see you guys on Halo3 in a month or two.

Danny
08-Oct-2007, 06:21 AM
nah, the xbox, least over here just plus into the socket like any other console, the xbox has "the brick of legend" a bigass footlong...well, grey brick as a power adaptor, plus the connections are wrong even if the power usage was correct.

if your using an xbox i can recommend these bargain bin games though:

panzer dragoon orta
stubbs the zombie
shenmue 2
fable
halo
halo 2
cold fear
farenheit/indigo prophecy.

ProfessorChaos
08-Oct-2007, 06:57 AM
yeah, got doom 3 and halo 2.

found an adapter on ebay that is supposed to work on xbox, xbox 360, ps2, gamecube. lucked out and got it for 42 bucks with shipping, so that's not too bad.

stubbs the zombie, eh? definitely have to check that one out.:) what about the land of the dead game? i know the movie sucked *ducks*, but is the game any better?

now that i've got this linksys 11b thingamajig, that'll save me some $, given that it works*fingers crossed*. so now i'll just have to get the elite ($450) plus halo 3 ($60), which only totals up to $510, so i'm really only a couple hundred bucks from joining up with you guys to get my ass stomped on h3.

maybe i should take up a donation/start hooking/sell my sperm, or rob a bank.

capncnut
08-Oct-2007, 04:13 PM
what about the land of the dead game? i know the movie sucked *ducks*, but is the game any better?
No, the game is unimaginably awful.

shenmue 2
farenheit/indigo prophecy.
You knows it. :cool:

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 12:34 AM
^oh and silent hill 2 if you can find it of course;)

CoinReturn
09-Oct-2007, 12:35 AM
Check out Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black. Its still the best action game around (who doesn't love chopping off ninja heads?). Also, Jet Set Radio Future is amazing, if you can track down a copy. Shenmue II is worth finding as well, if you're in to that type of game.

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 12:49 AM
YES! jet set radio is the sit!:D

DeadJonas190
09-Oct-2007, 06:26 AM
If they are still in stock and you have a Costco card you can get the Halo 3 Xbox 360 packaged with Halo 3, an extra controler and the strategy for $499.99. You will save $10 between what you were going to pay, but that extra controler is a $50 savings. The only downside is the 20gb hard drive, but unless your downloading tons of demos or arcade games its more than enough space.

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 08:36 AM
Also, Jet Set Radio Future is amazing, if you can track down a copy.
Aw hush, you're making me wanna play it again! :D