PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Finished It On Legendary?!?

Danny
08-Oct-2007, 06:58 AM
CAN WE DISCUSS THIS YET?!?

HFOICtYykxA

my 5 cents?, its onyx, the forerunner dyson sphere built to withstand the halos firing all at once, which also has a couple of spartans on, if the novels are considered canon, so im guessing that game peter jacksons working on may not be technically halo 4, since its not on a halo, but its gotta be continueing masterchiefs story.

that or its cybertron.

OR UNICRON!!!:eek:

capncnut
08-Oct-2007, 04:15 PM
I have no intention of even trying it on Legendary...

bassman
08-Oct-2007, 04:34 PM
ACK! I have a feeling this is about the end of the game and i'm not there yet.....

*runs away with eyes closed while screaming*

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 12:29 AM
I have no intention of even trying it on Legendary...

its way easier than halo 2 legendary, youll die like 10 times per level but its fiar enough that unlike halo 2 you will progress.

DeadJonas190
09-Oct-2007, 06:28 AM
Crap man, I haven't even beat it on any mode yet...

but once I have Legendary will be my bitch.

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 08:37 AM
its way easier than halo 2 legendary, youll die like 10 times per level but its fiar enough that unlike halo 2 you will progress.
I recently finished Halo 2 actually and the last third is an utter nightmare, even on Normal.

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 05:13 PM
i couldnt even finish the first level on ****ing legendayr in halo 2, thats the only game thats utterly defeated me:mad:

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 07:25 PM
The AI on Halo 2 is baffling because it's generally easy to play but the sheer amount of Brutes and Hunters in the second to last level make it a bit s**t, in my opinion. It's so hard, it just forces a player to grab the nearest vehicle and just charge to the nav point at full steam. Even then you get obliterated a good few times. On NORMAL!

Edit: Oh, and I remember someone going on about the AI drivers being crap, damn straight. I let a marine take the warthog during that long tunnel section near the start, and about five seconds later it bounced off a wall and was flying 20 foot in the air! :eek:

bassman
09-Oct-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure of the level name, but right now on Halo 3 i'm having trouble getting past the part after Master Chief finds and reinstalls Cortana....

They come from everywhere and the little f*cking bridges don't help, either.:mad:

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, that is a bitch. :elol:

Not that I found Halo 3 to be all that hard mind, especially when compared to the second game.

Danny
10-Oct-2007, 06:33 AM
i liked how the new flood switched between drone, tuerret and hunter combat forms in real time, i killed one that was partially between all 3, wish i got a screen shot, it was bizaare.

CoinReturn
11-Oct-2007, 03:54 PM
I finally finished it on Heroic by myself last night. Now I'm gonna go through it again on Legendary with a few friends. I gotta say I was a little underwhelmed at how the story was presented, but it was an amazing ride anyway. I'm completely overwhelmed, on the other hand, by the multiplayer. There have been too many awesome moments to mention. I guess thats what saved films are for.

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 05:21 AM
yeah it wasnt the best finale to a story but as a stand alone game, if a little short, it was fun, its jsut a shame they introduced new vehicles like the hornet for only 15 minutes of play and then you never see them again.

bassman
15-Oct-2007, 01:56 PM
Well....I finished it this past weekend. I didn't play it in legendary, so I guess that's some sort of hidden ending?

Anyway....I was kind of let down that Master Chief(John?:rockbrow:) was still alive. I think it would have been a great ending to the series to have him die. But of course, they have to keep riding that money train...

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay, finished it on Heroic and NO I'm not doing it on Legendary. The last two levels were simply too bitch-like to even want to attempt them again on a higher setting.

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 05:35 PM
wuss:p

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 05:56 PM
Running and jumping simply ISN'T a game to me. And I found myself doing that on Heroic just to get away from the liberty-taking amounts of Flood that dominate the last two levels. And what will I get for my pain by clocking it on Legendary? A video. That you've already posted.

If that makes me a wuss then yeah, I put my hand up. :D

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 06:02 PM
Running and jumping simply ISN'T a game to me. And I found myself doing that on Heroic just to get away from the liberty-taking amounts of Flood that dominate the last two levels. And what will I get for my pain by clocking it on Legendary? A video. That you've already posted.

If that makes me a wuss then yeah, I put my hand up. :D

ah yeah, see now you should be a bit less rude since i saved you the trouble.:p:lol:

seriously though, how can you turn down the digital crack that is gaemrpoints?

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 06:10 PM
seriously though, how can you turn down the digital crack that is gaemrpoints?
Gamerpoints don't even bother me since I seem to generate more for my mates than my own 360 (I'm on about 1000 top whack I think). Ultimately, a high Gamerpoint level indicates only one thing to me - lack of social or sex life. :D

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 06:18 PM

....your point being?:rockbrow:

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 02:31 AM
The AI on Halo 2 is baffling because it's generally easy to play but the sheer amount of Brutes and Hunters in the second to last level make it a bit s**t, in my opinion. It's so hard, it just forces a player to grab the nearest vehicle and just charge to the nav point at full steam. Even then you get obliterated a good few times. On NORMAL!

Edit: Oh, and I remember someone going on about the AI drivers being crap, damn straight. I let a marine take the warthog during that long tunnel section near the start, and about five seconds later it bounced off a wall and was flying 20 foot in the air! :eek: Halo 2 hard on normal? If you mean Brutes yes those guys kill me everytime with their brute shots I barely survive.

capncnut
30-Oct-2007, 02:35 AM
Halo 2 hard on normal? If you mean Brutes yes those guys kill me everytime with their brute shots I barely survive.
I mean the last two levels by killing creatures and clearing areas and not just running through it. There's one battle that's got TONS of The Flood and Brutes battling it out in a country-type setting. It's almost impossible to do it without a vehicle. And yeah, Brute Shots suck ass!

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 02:44 AM
I mean the last two levels by killing creatures and clearing areas and not just running through it. There's one battle that's got TONS of The Flood and Brutes battling it out in a country-type setting. It's almost impossible to do it without a vehicle. And yeah, Brute Shots suck ass! I guess you mean the level High Charity and Great Journey....Now that I remember yes your right they are hard even on normal. If it worn for the hunters I would keep on dieing on that level. High Charity is harder...God hate the part where you have to wait for that door to open and Meanwhile the Brutes use those dang Brute shots to eliminate you. Good thing the flood come and distract them.

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 06:52 AM
uh, dudes, you could run through the entire last chief level on high charity without shooting once on legendary, just stick to the actual path and keep moving forward.

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 11:58 AM
uh, dudes, you could run through the entire last chief level on high charity without shooting once on legendary, just stick to the actual path and keep moving forward. Yes we uh....I know.

Hey anybody here know....Well first anybody know about the Halo novels?:|

capncnut
30-Oct-2007, 02:14 PM
uh, dudes, you could run through the entire last chief level on high charity without shooting once on legendary, just stick to the actual path and keep moving forward.
But I like kicking ass too much...

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 04:56 PM
disintergrating flood with the plasma sowrd is damn tempting i know, but if its easier just do it.

which is why i allways fight tartarus in a banshee;)

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 09:35 PM
disintergrating flood with the plasma sowrd is damn tempting i know, but if its easier just do it.

which is why i allways fight tartarus in a banshee;) Worst boss battle ever.:bored:

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 09:45 PM
aye, jsut hover and blast 'fook outta him, though guilty spark was a bit lamer, just spartan lazor tha' bee-yotch!:lol:

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 11:16 PM
aye, jsut hover and blast 'fook outta him, though guilty spark was a bit lamer, just spartan lazor tha' bee-yotch!:lol: I didn't enjoy killing spark he was my favorite minor character:(. At least you can kill him quickly and don't have to wait for a certain black sergeant with a beam rifle who after a few mins relaizes he can do something to help, and for some reason the said black guy is the only one who is able to bring Tartarus shield down with the beam rifle, Even though you have one yourself and even after 3 shots to head with the thing TARTARUS SHIELD IS STILL UP!:mad:

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 03:28 AM
I didn't enjoy killing spark he was my favorite minor character:(.
Yeah, that was a bummer. :(

Doc
31-Oct-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, that was a bummer. :( Anybody disappointed by the lack of anything like Hunters, for example.

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 12:34 PM
i think i ran into 2 over the course of the game, and why theyd switched sides again ,as had the grunts, is beyond me.:rolleyes:

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, there are only 4 hunters in total. Still, it was great when the one who was on your side got infected by the Flood and started battering the granny out of stuff. :D

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 03:41 PM
i died a few times just becuase i was watching the flood mutate from juggernaut to drone to cannon or infect and raise a corpse.:lol:

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 03:53 PM
i died a few times just becuase i was watching the flood mutate from juggernaut to drone to cannon or infect and raise a corpse.:lol:
Yeah, that s**t was very, very cool. :cool:

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 03:55 PM
thing is i posted a 'tube vid on here a month back that had footage of your men being infected adn mutated whislt they were still alive, whilst im glad i didnt have to deal with that on legendary i dont recall that ever happening.

though the campign did feel tacked on, halo 3 was mroe a game sold for multiplayer i recon, i mean the new vehicles are only used for about 5 mins, remember in halo 2 when you use a ghsot, a warthog, a banshee AND a freakin' tank to go acros the beaches adn motorway of new mombasa?
y'all can say what you want but halo 2 rocked way mroe than halo 3 in my worthless opinion.

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 04:06 PM
y'all can say what you want but halo 2 rocked way mroe than halo 3 in my worthless opinion.
Halo 2 is the worst entry IMO. It's all about the first Halo.

bassman
31-Oct-2007, 04:12 PM
I definitely have to disagree with that. Halo 3 is WAY better than 2, imo.

Danny
31-Oct-2007, 04:13 PM
dude, you think halo 2 is worse than halo 3?

why? what merits do you think halo 3 has? not only was it way shorter but the plot was less defined and it answered no questions and just raised more, plus it screwed with the story of 2. halo 3 was an allright shooter but nowere near as good as halo 2 on a proffesional level, the plot of halo 2 was more thought out, the locations were more varied, as was the way you played and it was much less a one man war deal as on legendary you actually relied on the squad of unsc troops that whent on missions with you.

id go so fr as to almost use the phrase "for the win" to describe halo 2. almost.:sneaky:

capncnut
31-Oct-2007, 06:47 PM
I definitely have to disagree with that. Halo 3 is WAY better than 2, imo.
Yeah I agree, the maps are far better (except for that s**ty Gravemind one) and there doesn't seem to be as much copy and paste as there was with the first two. Halo 3 is far better than Halo 2 but I don't think it's as good as the first one. The balance was perfect with that game.

what merits do you think halo 3 has? not only was it way shorter but the plot was less defined and it answered no questions and just raised more, plus it screwed with the story of 2.
Yeah but there's a book that bridges the story between 2 and 3. Also, as much as I love a good plot, it don't necessarily make a game any better. Plus Halo 3's conciseness is a prime example of quality over quantity.

Doc
31-Oct-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, there are only 4 hunters in total. Still, it was great when the one who was on your side got infected by the Flood and started battering the granny out of stuff. :D Actually 6 hunters and the gap between Halo 2 and 3 is explained in the new comic series Halo uprising. 1 issue is out currently.

capncnut
01-Nov-2007, 05:11 AM
Where were the other two Hunters then?

Doc
01-Nov-2007, 12:05 PM
Where were the other two Hunters then? There are 2 when you land on the Ark, you know when a marine says "Look up at the sky is that"! but then the other marine interrupts him? Well not specifically that part you do have to go through some enemies before you meet them. then 2 when your on your way to turn off that big gun thingy:|.....You know that AC Gun was it?......The last 2 well....It depends if you kill them. You know the part when you have to secure a LZ for the Dawn? The Dawn lends you three Scorpion tanks and a Warthog if I'm correct? Well you have to go back through that cave you went before, you know the one right? Well Hunters come out of it. But since there are 3 Scorpion tanks maybe you didn't notice since the marines killed them before you did.

mista_mo
01-Nov-2007, 12:09 PM
The Game was sold to finish the story, not for multplayer.

Danny
01-Nov-2007, 01:13 PM
exactly, and it didnt. the floods still out there, as are the rings, the only thing thats changed is the covenant, you dont know what happened to the forerunners, why theres a glowing planet under cheifs ship at the end and loads more, like i said it answered non of the questions and whilst mindless shooters are allright for some i was expecting a little more plot myself other than pretty much the same plot as 1 "go to the advanced instilation and blow something up then race out before it does":rolleyes:

that said multiplayers a blast, i was playing it last night and some goerdie bloke was going "how do i shoot is it r1 or triangle?" :lol:

Doc
01-Nov-2007, 10:23 PM
exactly, and it didnt. the floods still out there, as are the rings, the only thing thats changed is the covenant, you dont know what happened to the forerunners, why theres a glowing planet under cheifs ship at the end and loads more, like i said it answered non of the questions and whilst mindless shooters are allright for some i was expecting a little more plot myself other than pretty much the same plot as 1 "go to the advanced instilation and blow something up then race out before it does":rolleyes:

that said multiplayers a blast, i was playing it last night and some goerdie bloke was going "how do i shoot is it r1 or triangle?" :lol: What the heck happen to the Covenant after Truth died I mean....I doubt word could have spread that fast about his death could it?:rockbrow:

Danny
02-Nov-2007, 02:36 PM
exactly, plus theres 6 other halos out there, all with a gravemind on, so what?, they just left them did they for sometime in the future to be opened, tey know were they are now since cortana has the information from instilations 04 and 05 so why not just go and destory them before the flood can escape?

CoinReturn
02-Nov-2007, 05:01 PM
Sequels. Thats what it comes down to. They wrapped the story up, but left a lot of loose ends so that they could continue in other games. Halo is Microsoft's biggest cash cow, and they aren't going to let it die with "Halo Wars". There will be a Halo 4.

Danny
02-Nov-2007, 05:09 PM
i bloody well hope so, cus that is NOT how you end a story, its wasnt even a dues ex machina style copout it just basically whent "END". and left it at that.

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 05:12 PM
I wish they had ended it with three. A nice trilogy and that's it. I also wish Master Chief had really died. That would have been a great end to the trilogy.

Danny
02-Nov-2007, 05:22 PM
still wouldnt have answered any questions though so it'd still suck in my opinion, but thats just me bitching. but in my view the ending to halo 2 was like the end to the fellowship of the ring, the end to halo 3 was like the end to terminator 3 , nothings really cahnged the rings and the flood are still out there, now theyve jsut got to add some new enemies to replace the covenant to keep it from getting stale.

Doc
02-Nov-2007, 09:47 PM
Better not be a halo 4 that would just suck. I don't mind a whole new trilogy though. Oh and I though that was only 1 gravemind?:|. But what I heard when there is enough flood they can create a gravemind. I don't know if that's true though.

The next Halo games are Halo wars and Halo chronicles( not the official name of this project, just a nickname for now)

But seriously we stopped the flood, covenant, Truth, and stopped the rings from firing. What more do you want?:rockbrow:

Danny
03-Nov-2007, 12:49 AM
because the rings are still out there, all have flood on, adn all can still fire, aside form the covenant theyve resolved nothing, what happened to the forerunners?, aside from "theyve done this before" what do we know about the floods beginnings, theres so much left unfinished its in no way a closing of a saga.

Doc
03-Nov-2007, 01:31 PM
because the rings are still out there, all have flood on, adn all can still fire, aside form the covenant theyve resolved nothing, what happened to the forerunners?, aside from "theyve done this before" what do we know about the floods beginnings, theres so much left unfinished its in no way a closing of a saga. Does it matter what happen to Forerunners? I mean I rather that stay a mystery. I mean do you really want them to explain every single thing? Yes your right the rings are out there......Hmmm...Now that I think about it one thing I'm confused. Can the covenant I don't know still fight back? I pretty sure they still have ships so.....:confused:

Edit: Forget what I said about the covenant I forgot about Truth who was their leader and without a leader I don't think they are gonna get far. But wait weren't there other prophets?

Danny
03-Nov-2007, 04:21 PM
well they started to get into it and files like " we thought the flood were stupid, but there not, theyve done this before" left behind by the forerunners jsut raises more questions that i felt needed to be answered.

Doc
03-Nov-2007, 04:28 PM
well they started to get into it and files like " we thought the flood were stupid, but there not, they've done this before" left behind by the forerunners just raises more questions that i felt needed to be answered. One question I want to be answered is why grunts and hunters are on the brutes side in Halo3?:|

Danny
03-Nov-2007, 04:54 PM
my guess is just so there was more variation than jackals and brutes and flood fighting you.

Doc
03-Nov-2007, 08:32 PM
my guess is just so there was more variation than jackals and brutes and flood fighting you. Well there is gap between halo 2 and 3. The comic series Halo uprising is the gap between them so maybe they will explain in that.

Geez man I can't believe how popular this game really is though:
1) There are novels:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/Enahs67/HaloTheFallOfReach-1.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/Spartan3691/firststrike.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/Spartan3691/GHOSTS.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Halo_The_Flood_by_William_C_Dietz_novel_cover.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/Halo_contactharvest.PNG

2) Its own soundtracks:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/ninja_lynx/bungie_soundtrack.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Halo-soundtrack-cover.jpg

3) Its own graphic novel:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Halocomicbook.jpg

4) Comic series:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Halo_uprising1.png

5) A halo movie is coming out in 2010....I think.....I heard it's postponed right now.

6) Oh how can I forget the Haloclix:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/halo/images/Scarab_HAC_LowRes.jpg

http://dragonskeep.com/dsk_cms/images/stories/fruit/haloclix2.jpg

http://www.gamersinfo.net/non_gallery_photos/clix_arbiter.jpg

http://dragonskeep.com/dsk_cms/images/stories/fruit/haloclix1.jpg

7) It's own zune: http://www.nextechnews.com/content/binary/WindowsLiveWriter/MicrosoftpressesmehardertogetazunenowHal_13EF5/halozune%5B3%5D.jpg

8) And trading cards: http://www.bungiestore.com/productcart/pc/catalog/bungie1185_250.jpg

But wait what was my point again:confused:......

Danny
03-Nov-2007, 11:29 PM
im currently using haloclix as my new addiction, its actually a decent game, id never buy the scarab model though, wered you put it for one, its as big as a small dog.

Doc
03-Nov-2007, 11:52 PM
im currently using haloclix as my new addiction, its actually a decent game, id never buy the scarab model though, wered you put it for one, its as big as a small dog. Dang that big:eek:

Out of curiosity do you plan on getting Halo wars and Halo chronicles?

Danny
04-Nov-2007, 02:59 PM
halo wars does look neat but it better have online play.

Doc
04-Nov-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey do you know what the auto target(I think it's called that) does I tried it , but I'm totally stubbed on what am I suppose to do with it?:o

SymphonicX
07-Nov-2007, 02:39 PM
Doing it on legendary now but I've already done the last level!

Doc
12-Nov-2007, 12:55 AM
Has anybody here seen the "Believe" commercials.

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 02:03 PM
ugh, yeah, i havent seen that much self indulgent crap since i last saw bono on tv.

Doc
12-Nov-2007, 09:57 PM
ugh, yeah, i havent seen that much self indulgent crap since i last saw bono on tv. :lol: hate them huh. Well you most be glad they are not canon.

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 11:40 PM
i just think there egotisticall in the extreme ,"believe" :rolleyes: , its like its the second coming or something. ITS JSUT A FREAKIN' GAME, I BOUGHT IT AND MY LIFE IS NO BETTER FOR THE EXPERIENCE!!:lol:

Doc
13-Nov-2007, 12:56 AM
i just think there egotisticall in the extreme ,"believe" :rolleyes: , its like its the second coming or something. ITS JSUT A FREAKIN' GAME, I BOUGHT IT AND MY LIFE IS NO BETTER FOR THE EXPERIENCE!!:lol: Aww man I really did liked the last one where they build that monument thing:shifty: Also is everyone here 100 devoted to Spartan 117 because I a Arbiter supporter:confused: