PDA

View Full Version : Gaming tatoos

Danny
08-Oct-2007, 08:04 AM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/tattoo/?view=full

ive seen some before (and been a little tempted to get one myself:o) but these take the cake, some like the okami and 8 bit (yes an "8-bit tatoo" thats not ****!) of mega man, but some of the worst range form a guy who got the halo legendary campaign icon across his upper back and shoulders, a full back of sephiroth, the queen of bad guys, and my personal worst, a gal got a tramp stamp of the zelda icon, but its like 2 inch thick isometric black lines, and on the natural curvature of the human body that much thick straightness doesnt look right.

-oh, for those who aint heard the term, tramp stamps are those sleasy tribal tatoo's chavettes get at the top of there ass cracks. seriously, why not just get "im a whore/ skank" tatooed on your forehead instead, it'd take less ink and therefore save some of that dole money.:lol:

EDIT- for gender equality i should point out the same could be written on a dude wanting some chinese crap or a dragon on his bicep *shakes ehad*, why would you permanantely turn your body into a cliche'?

ProfessorChaos
08-Oct-2007, 08:40 AM
wow, i've played some killer games in my life, but never a game so killer that i'd want to tattoo it on myself...what a joke.

i don't have a single tat, by the way. if i ever do get one, it'll be a marine corps emblem on my left pectoral muscle, just above my heart.

aside from that, i've never seen what the big idea about getting inked up is. i mean, that sh!t is permanent, ya know? i guess if there's something that means a lot to a fellow, then it's okay...hence my (maybe one day) marines tat.

i think it's dumb when a chick gets a rose on her ankle and i'm like "what's that supposed to mean?" and she says something dumb like "it's a rose", to which i reply "i can see that, but does it have any meaning behind it?"....then she looks at me like i'm the stupid one out of us...:rolleyes:

Danny
08-Oct-2007, 08:47 AM
i totally get you, im definatley gonna get inked ,but im going the kerry king route and waiting till i know i wont laser it off by 2020. there was a chick in my film class that got two glaring eyes that covered her entire back "just cuase it looked cool"...dumbass.

-though once i met a girl with the kanji on her arm for love, adn i told her it was taiwanese for "pay me for love making", she almost had a heart attack.
y'know, its one of those jokes thats funny in our head but REALLY not funny in practice.:lol:

MikePizzoff
08-Oct-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the Zelda one on the girls lower back is very sexy. Most of the time I hate when girls have ink in that location.

I've got a lot of tattoo's, myself, but I've never thought of getting any based off of a video game. I dunno, maybe if I were drunk...

bassman
08-Oct-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah....I like video games and all......but tattoos of the games isn't a smart idea, imo. I can't believe that dude got a legendary logo from Halo on his entire back.:lol:

Next thing you know, someone will have a tattoo of Master Chief's helmet on their face.:p

capncnut
08-Oct-2007, 04:46 PM
I've got a lot of tattoo's, myself, but I've never thought of getting any based off of a video game. I dunno, maybe if I were drunk...
Me too, I'm covered in 'em. Still hasn't stopped me from thinking about getting the Pheonix Mirror from Shenmue tattooed. Or even a Silent Hill 2 back collage.

But I can see what you mean, it's a tad geeky...

Tricky
08-Oct-2007, 05:29 PM
I'd never get a gaming tattoo,sad as fook!:lol:
I like the tattoos i have had done though,they arent small but arent openly on display either which is good for job interviews & the like.Im seeing a big trend among people between about 19 & 28 having full sleeves done with flames & stars up them,and big black stars on their necks etc,they look quite cool at the moment as its a fashion thing,but when they leave uni or are just trying to get a respectable job they're gonna have trouble.A good tattoo lasts a lifetime,a bad one,one in the wrong place,or a fashion one lasts 5-10 years at the most before people start wishing they hadnt bothered.I know quite a few people in their late 20s who had devils,bulldogs & tasmanian devils done when they were about 18 cos they were popular at that time,and they dont half regret 'em now :lol:

DeadJonas190
09-Oct-2007, 06:33 AM
Ok, the Konami Code girl is awesome, even though that gameboy looks like crap. I would love to push those buttons.

I wanted to get the green mario mushroom tatooed, but passed on it. I almost got the konami code as an arm band, but then realized my arms are too small for an arm band lol.

So yeah, I would get a gaming tatoo, but I am a gaming geek so go figure.

ethenbrown
26-Mar-2013, 07:04 AM
It is such a very interesting concept. My friends are crazy about to draw the tattoo. I think the gaming tattoo is new and some unique concept for them.