PDA

View Full Version : Seriously. Messed. Up.

deadwrtr
08-Oct-2007, 11:57 AM
Here are some pics of my bro and his recent interactions with his angry rottweiler who had, up until that point, been a loyal trusted companion.

WARNING! Graphic photos...

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819830
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819830

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819829
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819829

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819828
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819828

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819827
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819827

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819826
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6819826

You may have to cut and paste a bit in order to see them... why does it do that?

**FIXED BY MOD - Pictures offered as URLs**

bassman
08-Oct-2007, 12:54 PM
No pictures at all, man...

But being that it's a rotweiler....I'm not sure I want to see...

Marie
08-Oct-2007, 01:55 PM
Here are some pics of my bro and his recent interactions with his angry rottweiler who had, up until that point, been a loyal trusted companion

Who was, when all is said and done an animal. Also, a lot of these animals come from puppy farms where they don't pay attention the the termperment of the parents just to turn out more puppies.

Or maybe he was just having a bad day. Whatever happened, at least it was just his left arm.

BTW, you can get the URL of the pics by hitting reply and quoting the message, then just cut and paste into your window.

M_

capncnut
08-Oct-2007, 04:32 PM
Man, those wounds look excruciating. So what's happening with the dog?

AcesandEights
08-Oct-2007, 04:34 PM
I can't see the pics, so I hope your bro is okay.

To be honest, I know a lot of people think these dogs are cool, but before people even get a chance to be careful and responsible owners, they need to be careful and responsible consumers and look into the type of dog, how they are supposed to be raised and where any particular dog in question comes from.

MissJacksonCA
08-Oct-2007, 04:36 PM
So is the dog being put to sleep or ?

At the end of the day animals are animals and i'm more and more amazed when people suddenly get hurt by them they're all shocked by their behavior. Like the animal did something wrong. There could be plenty of reasons for the horrible attack on his arm but he's an animal.

I just recently was bitten by a ring tailed lemur and then slapped by the lil fella... but hey he's an animal

Yojimbo
08-Oct-2007, 11:04 PM
Sometimes animals just turn. Happens to people too.

Proper training can prevent a lot of this, but if the animal goes nuts for one reason or another, well then nothing can prevent that. Training can only go so far, you know?

deadwrtr
09-Oct-2007, 12:55 AM
The dog was put down. It's sad, really, but my brother raised this dog from a puppy, never showed any inclination for this type of violence previously. According to my brother, he was eating dinner with the family when the dog started growling at one of the kids (he has four). My brother put himself between the dog and his kid, and you can see the result. He was also bitten on both legs and his other arm, but not nearly as badly (although, potentially, any dog bite is bad).

My brother is an animal lover, always has been, but not so sure about from now on. He has owned several dogs over his lifetime, and none ever acted this way.

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 01:12 AM
hmm, thats odd, bu not unheard of, about two years back me and my brother were having a bigass "drunken brawl in an irish pub" type fistfight, a very rare thing and my normally docile german sheppard whent ape****, started dragging me away by biting all his fangs into my forearm, still got very deep scars, and he had never once even growled at me either, 2 months later he died of a brain tumour though, if a pet, especially a dog, ever starts to act like that you need to see why before you jsut put them down, amybe the dog was ill?, it could have caught somethign from soemthign in your brothers garden that his kids could get into as well, not trying to send you both paranoid, just a suggestion to eb a bit wary.

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2007, 01:52 AM
hmm, thats odd, bu not unheard of, about two years back me and my brother were having a bigass "drunken brawl in an irish pub" type fistfight, a very rare thing and my normally docile german sheppard whent ape****, started dragging me away by biting all his fangs into my forearm, still got very deep scars, and he had never once even growled at me either, 2 months later he died of a brain tumour though, if a pet, especially a dog, ever starts to act like that you need to see why before you jsut put them down, amybe the dog was ill?, it could have caught somethign from soemthign in your brothers garden that his kids could get into as well, not trying to send you both paranoid, just a suggestion to eb a bit wary.

Agree with Hellsing once again. Could have been toxic poisoning, or a brain tumor. I, too, am a dog lover. Have grown up with dogs all my life, raised and trained them, and love them as a member of the family, and would have put this one down too based on the circumstances.

Danny
09-Oct-2007, 02:24 AM
we had to do it with mine, after eh got nasty he lost all motor funtion and whent brain dead, i doubt your bro would want his kids to see a member of the family, and a pet is a member of the family in that condition.

kortick
09-Oct-2007, 06:30 AM
should have dropped it off at the nearest chinese restaurant

it thought biting was something, well give it chance to get the other
side of it

but seriously, i am sorry for your familys almost disaster

deadwrtr
09-Oct-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and concerns. As far as I know, the dog wasn't sick, but who knows?

MissJacksonCA
09-Oct-2007, 02:55 PM
My dog was an Akita both known for their violence (which led to them being banned in many cities) and for their extreme care. Sure she wanted to eat my moms pomeranean and barked at everyone but she never exhibited violent behavior towards our family. Then during a drunken outburst from my mother toward me the dog ran in front of me and bit my mother hard and fast in her face. Her big tooth actually went in through my moms lower chin and popped out the other side of the skin... like yank on your skin chin and poke a hole... she still has the scar. In this case my dog sensed the possibility of harm to me by her and intervened. It could be the dog perceived something.

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2007, 03:31 PM
should have dropped it off at the nearest chinese restaurant

Dude, do you actually think this way?

slickwilly13
09-Oct-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, dogs are eaten in Asia. *L* For real.

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, dogs are eaten in Asia. *L* For real.

That is true, they are in fact eaten in Asia. China, Korea and India have had dog meat on their menus for a long time. But, the common misconception is that dog meat is only consumed in Asia. This is not true, and in fact dog meat is also eaten in other many cultures as well. Mexico, for instance has many regional dishes based on dog meat. The Royals of Denmark report this as among their favorite dishes. Certain African cultures, primarily those of Nigeria have dog meat as a customary food. Certain traditional dishes of Switzerland utlize dog meat. Native American tribes used dogs as food as well. There are other cultural examples of this culinary curiosity out there if people care to look.

Let me say that I am a dog owner, I grew up considering dogs as part of my family. I find the practice of eating dog meat to therefore be very alien and reprehensible and, on my end, would not be able to bring myself to do this.

I don't mean to single out kortick, who I have pretty much always agreed with in regards to his posts and who has always come off as far as I am concerned to be a good guy, who most likely was making a joke with his reference to chinese restaurants and dogs. I am certain he meant no disrespect. So let me say that I take his comment in the non-offensive context which (I hope) it was meant.

That being said, as a Japanese-American, I do note that while in the United States it has become nearly impossible for folks to poke fun at the culture of African Americans (unless they are part of that group) Asian cultures seem to be fair game. You can have a white female comic on prime time Comedy Central say "Chink" and barely anyone notices. Imagine the uproar if she said the "N-WORD"

So then, I begin to wonder, why is this so?

And why, if dogs are consumed by so many different cultures spanning the whole world (admittedly an inconceivably abhorrent practice no matter which culture is practicing it) are the Asians the ones that usually get the blame for this and the ones that people joke about?

AcesandEights
09-Oct-2007, 10:48 PM
And why, if dogs are consumed by so many different cultures spanning the whole world (admittedly an inconceivably abhorrent practice no matter which culture is practicing it) are the Asians the ones that usually get the blame for this and the ones that people joke about?

You know the answer to that...it's because it's a stereotype. There's no mystery there. It's just a a cultural catch-all that has grown up around the Asian community.

All nationalities have stereotypes, but I suppose that the ones that stand up over a longer period of time or show a fair measure of resilience are probably of two distinct areas. The first are the types that are manifest in outward displays of behavior that are easily recognizable and self-reinforcing (i.e. Italians speak with their hands). The others are based on groups that categorically remain as easily identifiable sets due to things like physical appearance and very specific cultural divisions (such as religion). The existence of already identifiable divisions, which separate these groups (be it by race, creed etc.) heightens the general cultural tendency to categorize and label them with things like typical behaviors and characteristics, leading to a heavier reliance and use of stereotypes (and higher longevity for older stereotypes).

Meh, I could go on, but it's a discussion for another arena.

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2007, 10:55 PM
You know the answer to that...it's because it's a stereotype. There's no mystery there. It's just a a cultural catch-all that has grown up around the Asian community.

All nationalities have stereotypes, but I suppose that the ones that stand up over a longer period of time or show a fair measure of resilience are probably of two distinct areas. The first are the types that are manifest in outward displays of behavior that are easily recognizable and self-reinforcing (i.e. Italians speak with their hands). The others are based on groups that categorically remain as easily identifiable sets due to things like physical appearance and very specific cultural divisions (such as religion). The existence of already identifiable divisions, which separate these groups (be it by race, creed etc.) heightens the general cultural tendency to categorize and label them with things like typical behaviors and characteristics, leading to a heavier reliance and use of stereotypes (and higher longevity for older stereotypes).

Meh, I could go on, but it's a discussion for another arena.

Very well put.
Thank you, Aces.

kortick
09-Oct-2007, 11:38 PM
beleive me
no offense was meant by that to anyone

it was said for a few reasons

1. a chinese restaurant in my area was caught serving dogs and cats
2. my friends who were in the military told me how you could go into
a butcher shop and buy dog meat right along side the pork

quite honestly I know it is our thinking that makes a dog an uneatable
animal as opposed to a lamb. to other cultures they dont see why we make this a big deal. when i was in baja california i witnessed how a family had a dog for a pet one day and it was dinner the next and the kids were not fazed by it.

it certianly was not meant as a slur against asian people
please dont take it that way

to be honest i am non racist because for the simple fact
that i grew up in a white town and anyone who ever picked on me as a kid
or caused me grief was white like me. it was never a black person, or a hispanic, or an asian or anyone other than someone who looked just like i do.

i have never been given a reason to dislike any group but white people
like myself as twisted as that is.

Yojimbo
10-Oct-2007, 12:07 AM
beleive me
no offense was meant by that to anyone

it certianly was not meant as a slur against asian people
please dont take it that way

Kortick, I apologize for bringing any of this up on the forum. I responded in a knee-jerk fashion, and that reflexive response was in a large part a figment of me being overly sensitive. This, of course, is not your fault, but I think that you are owed both an explanation and an apology for my actions.

I do understand that nothing offensive was meant by what you had posted. You have always been a gentleman and well spoken here on your posts and as always I will continue to look forward to reading whatever it is that you have to say.

And, on my end, I will endeavor to be less reactionary in the future. I owe you a drink, brother!

slickwilly13
10-Oct-2007, 12:35 AM
Nevermind me, I'm drunk right now. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yojimbo
10-Oct-2007, 12:47 AM
Nevermind me, I'm drunk right now. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slickwilly, I'd buy one more round for you too, brother.

Just as long as we are drinking and not eating dogs...

slickwilly13
10-Oct-2007, 01:05 AM
Nah, I don't eat canines. I'm offended by anyone who does. To me, it's wrong. Offering me a dog is like offering an Indian beef. Its just not happening. Now back to drinking and eating.....:lol:

Yojimbo
10-Oct-2007, 01:09 AM
Nah, I don't eat canines. I'm offended by anyone who does. To me, it's wrong. Offering me a dog is like offering an Indian beef. Its just not happening. Now back to drinking and eating.....:lol:

Yeah, we are def on the same page there.

Party on.

kortick
10-Oct-2007, 01:47 AM
yojimbo

dont sweat it
i mean it

its all cool

Danny
10-Oct-2007, 06:40 AM
the notion of eating stuff like cats or dogs or horses and stuff jsut doesnt sit right with me, its the same with turtles and sharks.

Neil
10-Oct-2007, 09:10 AM
The dog was put down. It's sad, really, but my brother raised this dog from a puppy, never showed any inclination for this type of violence previously. According to my brother, he was eating dinner with the family when the dog started growling at one of the kids (he has four). My brother put himself between the dog and his kid, and you can see the result. He was also bitten on both legs and his other arm, but not nearly as badly (although, potentially, any dog bite is bad).

My brother is an animal lover, always has been, but not so sure about from now on. He has owned several dogs over his lifetime, and none ever acted this way.

Thank Christ he was there!! Imagine if the dog had gone for the kid :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yojimbo
10-Oct-2007, 03:51 PM
Thank Christ he was there!! Imagine if the dog had gone for the kid :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, Amen to that.

Serious dogs are very serious business. Like having a firearm, ownership of one comes with a hefty responsibility since they can maim and kill.

When a dog turns on the family, obviously there is no choice other than to put the dog down, but I do not doubt that it hurt the owner deeply to do so. A tragedy all around.