PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Zombie movie

UndeadJD
08-Oct-2007, 07:53 PM
Okay, you guys probably get a lot of these questions. I am undead movie fan and I grew up watching these movies in the 80s. But, I plan on buying these movies on dvd, but have not had the chance. There is one particular movie that is escaping my memory. The few details that I can remember are vague, but here we go. I do believe that it was a well made zombie movie........and that it was made sometime in the 80s because I remember watching in the 90s and it was shown on a noncable channel as the late saturday night movie........I believe that it took place at a army base or more likely at a army lab facility (I know that really narrows it down) but I think that the army base or lab was located in the desert. And it was not day of the dead which i think was filmed on a florida military base.....I do remember one scene where the zombie was trying to break into the lounge area and also at the end the army base or lab is surrounded by rescue workers. So those are my vague memories of this film forgive me if you know exactly what movie I am talking about and I got some of the details incorrect. I know that some of you loyal undead fanatics will get this.:elol:

AcesandEights
08-Oct-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, the base in the desert reminds me of Night of the Comet, which had think tank people who acted, as though they were rescuing folks :D The protagonists also held up in a radio station (with a lounge area) early on and someone had a dream sequence about being attacked by a victim of the comet (which they referred to as zombies at least once).

I'll fish up a link shortly.

And welcome to the boards, by the way!

clanglee
08-Oct-2007, 08:26 PM
Wow, no idea man. Need more info. Rescue workers? Lounge area? hmmm, must have more data. .. . Yeah Aces. . .I believe you are right. Night of the comet it is. Not really a desert, but all the people were turned to dust. . so it was kinda dusty. Maybe the baddie's lab was in the desert. . .cant remember.

AcesandEights
08-Oct-2007, 08:27 PM
For your follow up investigations:

IMDB entry (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/)

The Ultimate Night of the Comet Fan Site (http://www.nightofthecomet.info/)

MikePizzoff
08-Oct-2007, 08:50 PM
Aces, that's exactly what movie I was going to suggest. One of my favorites!!!

aga
08-Oct-2007, 08:55 PM
The Army lab makes me think Return of the Living Dead 3? But probably not, you would of remembered the zombie bewbs.

AcesandEights
08-Oct-2007, 09:08 PM
Aces, that's exactly what movie I was going to suggest. One of my favorites!!!

One of my all-time favs, as well ;) I'm about to pop it into my DVD player now!

Yojimbo
08-Oct-2007, 09:30 PM
Might be a film called Biohazard, a rather stupid film that borrowed a lot from GAR's The Crazies.

They had some sort of bioagent that under a special UV light would glow on the eyeballs of the "infected" (not really zombies, but very zombie like)

Had a female protagonist trapped in a sealed bio-warfare research lab, and her Sherriff husband trying to rescue her.

UndeadJD
08-Oct-2007, 10:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and answers. Honestly, it just might be night of the comet...I really need to rent it online or somewhere and check it out...based on the screen pics I remember the women going shopping in the stores with no one around and the girl at the radio station and the surviors cruising around in a car with the top down. Return of the living dead 3 was unforunately for one of my favorites...part II is very entertaining. I do not think it was Biohazard...isn't there another movie where the infected eyes glow? The Crazies is pretty good...can't wait for the remake coming out in 2008. Well, let me see if i can rent night of the comet somewhere.

Yojimbo
08-Oct-2007, 11:02 PM
I remember the women going shopping in the stores with no one around and the girl at the radio station and the surviors cruising around in a car with the top down.

Yeah, most def Night of the Comet. They aren't really zombies, but close enough. Good luck

AcesandEights
09-Oct-2007, 12:38 AM
Night of the Comet just came out on DVD this Spring, so it is definitely available! Good luck :)