PDA

View Full Version : i watched it!!!!

sirjacktorrance
08-Oct-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the movie.itīs different to land but it has some of the same problems.the cgi itīs good but innecesary and i prefer natural headshots to this.anyway the movie is very good.not great but very good.itīs a ride.i prefer Land but the movie itīs very diferent.some land haters maybe love this one.i love it anyway.i watch it three times at sitges festival.the movie has no climax.but the end itīs very good and it works.some of the acting is bad and some lines camp.but the scrip is full of clever lines and good stuff.the movie itīs like a romero antology.thereīs a bunch of moments of the other movies.and shots that remins me LAND a lodonīt go with high espectations.enjoy the movie for what it is,a letter to the romero true fans.if you like romero poetry you will like it but if you are searching for an action zombie movie full of gore and zombies forget it.this movie is little and far from perfect but itīs a movie that only romero knows to do.itīs another worth entry that leaves you wanting another episode!!itīs not better than day,itīs far from day.but itīs another good zombie movie from the man who create the genre.

Yojimbo
09-Oct-2007, 01:47 AM
I love the movie.itīs different to land but it has some of the same problems.the cgi itīs good but innecesary and i prefer natural headshots to this.anyway the movie is very good.not great but very good.itīs a ride.i prefer Land but the movie itīs very diferent.some land haters maybe love this one.i love it anyway.i watch it three times at sitges festival.the movie has no climax.but the end itīs very good and it works.some of the acting is bad and some lines camp.but the scrip is full of clever lines and good stuff.the movie itīs like a romero antology.thereīs a bunch of moments of the other movies.and shots that remins me LAND a lodonīt go with high espectations.enjoy the movie for what it is,a letter to the romero true fans.if you like romero poetry you will like it but if you are searching for an action zombie movie full of gore and zombies forget it.this movie is little and far from perfect but itīs a movie that only romero knows to do.itīs another worth entry that leaves you wanting another episode!!itīs not better than day,itīs far from day.but itīs another good zombie movie from the man who create the genre.

Thanks sirjack. Sounds very cool!

joeharley666
09-Oct-2007, 10:43 AM
give us a better review.....like why would people who hated "Land" like this movie and vice versa

does it have any of the stupid corny cheese element that "land" had?

did it have the apocalyptic feel that "Night" and Dawn" had?

give us more without spoilers, give us the mood of the movie

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 12:14 PM
I dunno, I hear there's a line in it like: "Man, this is just like a f**kin' George A. Romero movie!" That wont go down well with most people...

MikePizzoff
09-Oct-2007, 04:03 PM
I dunno, I hear there's a line in it like: "Man, this is just like a f**kin' George A. Romero movie!" That wont go down well with most people...

Maybe take the 'A.' out and it'd be chuckle worthy... maybe.

bassman
09-Oct-2007, 06:12 PM

Did you not see the original Dawn? WAY more cheese than Land....

Anyway, good to hear that you enjoyed it, sirjack. You lucky bastard....

ProfessorChaos
09-Oct-2007, 06:22 PM

That would be absolutely ridiculous.:|

capncnut
09-Oct-2007, 07:35 PM
Maybe take the 'A.' out and it'd be chuckle worthy... maybe.
Well, the A. might not be there, I'm only quoting something I read a good month ago. Even still, it's a tad silly.

That would be absolutely ridiculous.:|
Yeah, kinda puts it in Nightmare on Elm Street 7 territory don't it? :D

Dead Hoosier
09-Oct-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh no...not the dreaded, "Don't go in with high expectations," again. Is this what Romero's work has been reduced to -- having a dedicated fan base that can longer expect greatness? To me, that's nothing more than a cop out, a blind-loyalist point of view.
I suppose I'm like many others -- nervous about the quality of this film, especially after Land. It really doesn't matter when it opens, it will not be a money-maker. The question is whether it will be the final nail in the coffin -- so to speak -- or if it will lead to more GAR films.
I'm sorry that I can't go in with low expectations, Dawn of the Dead made that impossible. It's time for Romero to step up, and with what I've read regarding this film so far, I'm doubting he's done so.

Danny
10-Oct-2007, 07:14 AM
Oh no...not the dreaded, "Don't go in with high expectations," again. Is this what Romero's work has been reduced to -- having a dedicated fan base that can longer expect greatness? To me, that's nothing more than a cop out, a blind-loyalist point of view.

Thats true, anyone can make a bad flick, and if most reviews say "dont go in with high expectations" then there basically saying its not a good movie, becuase as the audience we should ALLWAYS go in with high expectations, if you go in expecting crap then odds are youve based that rom revies of othr people who haev seen it adn not cared for it.
Im waiting to see it myself to judge it, i dont listen to reviews, but there could be people ,purely becuase its romero, just not saying "this is a crappy movie",now i enjoyed land so hes not dissapointed me yet, ive found every one of his films to be entertaining, but if sucks people shouldnt sugar coat it and especailly not say "go in with low expectations", becuase then you obviously didnt enjoy you just dont want to say so through, as you said a loyalist point of view, but like i said, im waiting to see it myself and i dont expect anything less than a damn entertaining movie.

sirjacktorrance
10-Oct-2007, 11:27 AM
no.thereīs noth such a line of that kind!!!the characters donīt know nothing about zombie movies and romero rules.thereīs a completely new spin of the Romero Universe same rules,diferent POV and characters.

give us a better review.....like why would people who hated "Land" like this movie and vice versa

.....like why would people who hated "Land" like this movie and vice versa

People who hat Land would love this movie because thereīs no smart zombies.itīs more down to earth and realistic.Itīs has the feel of the first movies.But the movie shares many of the problems of land.The CGI donīt work for me in lots of places.and theres some situations with the same feel.anyway thereīs more camp acting and lines.diary itīs more irregular than land.it has the very same problem with land it has lack of climax.thereīs no action and tension at the end.but here ,thereīs no need of an action climax.the movie has a very well made dramatic and sadness feeling.thereīs also a more comick book relief than Land with a couple of unrealistic but funny moments.

it has a diferent "stupid corny chessy "element that land (i dunno)has,but it works for me because itīs satirical and selreferential.

yes it has.and itīs use better than those movies.because thereīs not only one location.itīs a ride ,o sort of road movie.the news,the radio reportings and youtube videos are very well used.for me itīs the best "first outbreak apocalypse"movie since night and dawn.for me this is the real deal.

i donīt know...i love the movie but it has flaws ,itīs not a perfect movie,itīs like the first episode of a series,it leaves you wanting more.thereīs bad things but lots of subtle good lines .when i watch first time i didnīt catch lots of the lines of the script.itīs a very personal movie that speak about Romero life and his opinions about diferent things.thatīs why i like it because only romero can do a movie like this.it would be great get more of these.overall thereīs some "problems "witch i like a lot.liek the narrator.i read reviews that said that itīs the biggest flaw on the film.not for me.i like the way debra tells some of the mithyc Romero lines and the voice makes the film diferent of the other zombie films. very personal,diferent.i like.not very much gore but it works for me in that way.my biggest complain itīs the bad use of CGI.like in land of the dead.

capncnut
10-Oct-2007, 12:32 PM
no.thereīs noth such a line of that kind!!!the characters donīt know nothing about zombie movies and romero rules.thereīs a completely new spin of the Romero Universe same rules,diferent POV and characters.
According to other folks who have seen it, there is. I've not seen the movie so I'll have to wait and see for myself.

Ah, found the source.

We’re introduced to our main characters shooting a mummy movie on video in the woods near their campus. It was about the first couple of times they winked at the camera going, “Man… we’re sure in a Romero zombie movie, aren’t we?” that the fear came creeping back.

Either they are bulls**ting or Romero removed it after TIFF.

bassman
10-Oct-2007, 12:40 PM

I would think that Romero probably removed it, being that it hasn't been released outside of festivals yet. Besides....sirjack saw it three times now. It seems like he would've heard the line if it were there.

capncnut
10-Oct-2007, 12:50 PM
I would think that Romero probably removed it, being that it hasn't been released outside of festivals yet.
Wise move, it's clearly obvious that dialogue of that type would never work. Still, what's the betting it'll turn up as an extra on the DVD?

Danny
10-Oct-2007, 03:14 PM
i dunno...:shifty:

anyone remember "yeah there dead, there...all messed up", "zombies man, they creep me out" or many others?, romero does like his memorable ,slightly cheesy dialogue, i reckon itll be in thar' somewere.

dmbfanintn
10-Oct-2007, 03:15 PM
If you guys remember, he had a similar line in his original Resident Evil script.

One of the characters said something like "Man this is just like Night of the Living Dead" or something like that....

bassman
10-Oct-2007, 04:10 PM
If you guys remember, he had a similar line in his original Resident Evil script.

One of the characters said something like "Man this is just like Night of the Living Dead" or something like that....

Yeah...you're right.

And I don't understand why everyone is downing it when they all like "Return of the Living Dead". Remember the friggin 20 minutes of dialogue about Night?

ugh....that movie still makes me want to vomit when I think of it...

sirjacktorrance
10-Oct-2007, 04:40 PM
According to other folks who have seen it, there is. I've not seen the movie so I'll have to wait and see for myself.

Ah, found the source.

thereīs not that kind of phrase.i think the reviewer is refering to the lack of subtle of the characters or something like that.

Dead Hoosier
10-Oct-2007, 09:50 PM
I have to say Hopper's "Zombies, man, they creep me out" -- as he picked his nose -- has to be the worst line in the series.
If that line was in Diary, I'm glad it was removed. I just hope these young, inexperienced actors don't make it seem like a Friday the 13th pic.

sirjacktorrance
11-Oct-2007, 09:47 AM
i donīt think that line was on the movie.the movie that was proyected was the very first cut of the movie.i donīt find the whole narrator thing annoying.i like it.but thereīs one or two very cheessy moments that could be included into the worst of the series.

livingdeadboy
11-Oct-2007, 12:16 PM
That line was not in the movie.

thxleo
11-Oct-2007, 03:18 PM

That line from the AICN reviewer, Quint, is a figure of speech. It was not meant to be taken as though it literally appears in the film.

Belial
11-Oct-2007, 04:16 PM
This phrase DOES NOT appear in the film. SirJackTorrance knows better than most of us, since he's watched the movie 3 times. I've watched it twice, and I can assure you, guys, that they make references to "slow-moving" vs. "fast-moving" zombies, but they never mention Romero movies at all. End of this issue, please. :elol:

sirjacktorrance
11-Oct-2007, 06:16 PM
OH! hereīs come another lucky bastard like me:D:D:D!!give us your review!!

capncnut
11-Oct-2007, 11:16 PM
That line from the AICN reviewer, Quint, is a figure of speech. It was not meant to be taken as though it literally appears in the film.
Well, I'm glad it's been cleared up 'cos I was stressing about it.

kortick
12-Oct-2007, 01:57 PM
I just have to say on th whole "dont get your hopes up to much" thing
is realy got nothing to do with romero.
he never expected night to be a huge success. and he didnt realise dawn would be so huge either, seeing he made it without concern for standard hollywood rules.
with dawn , nobody released a low budget x rated horror movie that wouldnt even been shown in most places and expect success. But he hit gold cuz the film was exactly what horror movie fans needed.
now the point, i remember when day came out. people hated it.
it was considered to be the worst thing he could have ever done. now a lot of people consier it the best of the 3.
land had its faults cuz he caved into do the movie the studio wanted
instead of refusing to like he did with day.
In time i feel that land will be more appreciated

but you cant go to diary expecting that evrytime he gets behind
a camera he is gona make a life changing movie. if you like his work
go see it and take it as it is. if you are expecting him to be some kind of god and he has to provide you with the most thrilling thing ever--stay home

bassman
12-Oct-2007, 02:02 PM
I just have to say on th whole "dont get your hopes up to much" thing
is realy got nothing to do with romero.
he never expected night to be a huge success. and he didnt realise dawn would be so huge either, seeing he made it without concern for standard hollywood rules.
with dawn , nobody released a low budget x rated horror movie that wouldnt even been shown in most places and expect success. But he hit gold cuz the film was exactly what horror movie fans needed.
now the point, i remember when day came out. people hated it.
it was considered to be the worst thing he could have ever done. now a lot of people consier it the best of the 3.
In time i feel that land will be more appreciated

but you cant go to diary expecting that evrytime he gets behind
a camera he is gona make a life changing movie. if you like his work
go see it and take it as it is. if you are expecting him to be some kind of god and he has to provide you with the most thrilling thing ever--stay home

I would like to take this opportunity to shake your hand, sir. True dat....true dat.

suicide22
12-Oct-2007, 02:26 PM
Sounds good.

Dead Hoosier
12-Oct-2007, 04:42 PM
I have to agree as well. Although I always liked Day, I have developed more of an appreciation for it with time. I still rate it the third-best of the original three. I hope that Land will grow on me too, but it faces an uphill battle.
The thing is, many of us were kids when we saw Night, Dawn, and Day for the first time. As adults, we have a higher level of expectations and a more critical point of view. Odds are, nothing will ever please us like those movies did so long ago.
The Dead series and Star Wars were my favorite as a kid, and subsequently as an adult. Just like none of the prequels could have the personal impact as Star Wars and Empire, nothing Romero puts out now will. But with so much crap out there today, I always hope for the best.

georgefox
15-Dec-2007, 12:22 AM

i saw it at midnight maddness and loved it

jim102016
15-Dec-2007, 05:20 AM
When is this mother fu*cking movie coming to the U.S.?

Enough is enough.

DubiousComforts
15-Dec-2007, 06:01 PM
Bingo, bingo, BINGO!

Arcades057
10-Jan-2008, 05:50 PM

"English, mother-f---er! Do you SPEAK it!?"

ProfessorChaos
10-Jan-2008, 08:06 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wakka-wakka-wakka!

clanglee
10-Jan-2008, 10:05 PM
Dude, this site is international. English may be a second language for him. That's uncalled for. :rockbrow:

Neil
12-Jan-2008, 08:29 AM

Play nice now! I suspect his English is far better than your Spanish!

jim102016
12-Jan-2008, 04:58 PM
Debate the guy's opinions and content, not his English. Get off his a**