PDA

View Full Version : Crisis will kill your PC

DeadJonas190
10-Oct-2007, 05:25 AM
This game has crazy requirements, check out this article I just read.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/view.php?id=3288

Electronic Arts announced the minimum system requirements for Crysis on Tuesday, a standard that is double that of other high-profile PC games.

According to developer Crytek and EA, your gaming rig will need at least a 2.8 GHz single core processor, 1GB RAM, 256MB NVIDIA or ATI graphics chip, and 12GB of hard drive space to even think about playing the game -- something they say computers up to 2-3 years old already have. Recommended system requirements for the game are twice those numbers.

By comparison, the recently released and graphically-praised Bioshock required a slightly slower processor and equal amount of RAM, but half of the graphics memory at only 128MB to run the shooter on minimal settings. Midway's upcoming Unreal Tournament III will require even less technology, yet it still features an impressive amount of eye candy.

Notice the 12GB of hard drive space. That is simply insane. I remember back when I got my first computer and thought the 2GB hard drive was massive, 12 years later it's nothing.

MinionZombie
10-Oct-2007, 10:10 AM
Bloody nora! I guess I can "think" of playing it on my PC then. :lol:

It'll look shiite by comparison to the poncy version, but still...when the demo is out, I'll give it a go...might do the same for Bioshock too then...of course, I have a 360, so I could just get Bioshock for 360...

Tricky
10-Oct-2007, 12:00 PM
I shouldnt have a problem running that bad boy!ive got a 600gb hard drive,2gb RAM,8800GTX card,dual core processor etc :D

MinionZombie
10-Oct-2007, 12:12 PM
I shouldnt have a problem running that bad boy!ive got a 600gb hard drive,2gb RAM,8800GTX card,dual core processor etc :D
*weeps with jealousy* :(

Oh well ... I guess I'll go and fiddle with my lush 360 then. :)

I'm trying to decide on what new game to get, but I just don't know ... finkin' of getting COD4:limited edition ... looks niiiiiiiiice. :D