PDA

View Full Version : Same writers for T4 as T3... Oh dear...

Neil
10-Oct-2007, 02:09 PM
The T3 script was needlessly weak in a number of areas so that doesn't bode well...

The fact that *cough* McG *plah* is possibly going to direct it... Oh dear!!

bassman
10-Oct-2007, 02:24 PM
I just recently saw that the title is TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FUTURE BEGINS and it's the beginning of a new trilogy.

But yeah....McG.:annoyed::hurl:

Danny
10-Oct-2007, 02:33 PM
that title has officially put me off that damn movie.

MinionZombie
10-Oct-2007, 03:15 PM
That title, plus McG, plus the T3 writers, plus "new trilogy, hyuck!!!" just kneed me right in the balls so hard I'm hacking up throat-goo...

...but once I've realigned the berries, I'll resume shouting "load of old penis!" quick-smart!

ProfessorChaos
10-Oct-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't even consider T3 to be a worthy sequel, and don't think that it makes the Terminator series a trilogy.

As I've said in another thread, T1 and T2 are the only ones that count in my book.

Yojimbo
10-Oct-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, T3 not worthy to smell my $hit. T4, et al, likewise.

Though, secretly I was glad that they got rid of the little twerp that played John from T2 in T3. That kid is similarly not worthy to smell my $hit.

capncnut
10-Oct-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't mind T3 to be honest, but yeah it wasn't a patch on the first two.

Neil
10-Oct-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't mind T3 to be honest, but yeah it wasn't a patch on the first two.

My thoughts exactly... T3 was an average action flick with some unfortunately dumb elements to the writing... T1 & T2 were just great imaginative action flicks with some great writing behind them!

capncnut
10-Oct-2007, 08:46 PM
Cameron is an outstanding director and the reason why T3 wasn't as good was because he didn't make it, full stop. I'm glad he finally took that sea capsule back up to the surface of the ocean 'cos I was getting worried about him for a sec. Avatar sounds amazing.

He recently expressed interest in making another Alien movie as well...

Neil
10-Oct-2007, 09:51 PM
Cameron is an outstanding director and the reason why T3 wasn't as good was because he didn't make it, full stop. I'm glad he finally took that sea capsule back up to the surface of the ocean 'cos I was getting worried about him for a sec. Avatar sounds amazing.

He recently expressed interest in making another Alien movie as well...

I hope Avatar lives up to his films from the 90s... I hope he hasn't gone all Carpenter on us!!

capncnut
10-Oct-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, it's been a while since he filmed an original project and some of his later films lacked his trademark punch. Time will tell I guess... Saying that, I'm sure he's all out to blow the world away again.

acealive1
11-Oct-2007, 01:39 AM
they need to just call it terminator redemption. cuz thats what saved the video game franchise

Danny
11-Oct-2007, 07:35 AM
they should do soemthing like "terminator:the end" and setit after they fought the future war and sent the people back, like have the last few humans alive find some ruins and planet of the apes style wake up old machinery and have the very last terminator in existence just do what comes naturally.
sure itd kill the franchise as the last one but its better than another 21st century person fights a terminator plot that im sick of as nothing can come close to t-2.

MinionZombie
11-Oct-2007, 09:56 AM
Titanic, whilst a crap story and kinda pointless (yes, we know, the boat sinks), was at least good for the Cameron style bravado and scale of everything. True Lies was awesome fun, it really had Cameron's sense of humour throughout it, a very enjoyable flick.

And another Cameron jaunt into "Aliens" land would be freaking awesome. He should do an alternate universe tangent where it takes place after the second film, just so we can have Hicks back, HICKS RULES!

Of course, there's the age factor since the second movie ... still ... gotta be an explanation in there somewhere, come on - it's HICKS! :cool:

Danny
11-Oct-2007, 10:16 AM
am i the only person that thought titannic was a terrible movie with just some snappy effects?

Neil
11-Oct-2007, 11:02 AM
am i the only person that thought titannic was a terrible movie with just some snappy effects?

How was it terrible? Poor acting? Poor direction? Poor writing? Maybe you just didn't enjoy it, but that doesn't as such make it 'terrible' surely?

I've watched many films I didn't enjoy or jell with, but I wouldn't describe them as terrible because of that.

Personally I enjoyed Titanic... Yes it's got a bit of cheese because of the love story in it, but it's a clever idea, filmed and produced outlandishly well (IMHO)

The ship sinks at the end

MinionZombie
11-Oct-2007, 11:08 AM
OMFG NEIL! YOU SPOILER'D IT FOR ME!!! GOL!!! :lol::p:lol:

I didn't really like it, did at first, but even then not that much - was only watching it because it was A) James Cameron and B) a bloody big ship sinks ... then I got fed up with it, now I respect it a bit more, but it's not my thing - the extraneous story being the main issue, who cares, we came to see the ship sink, that's it...even though Winslet's tits are nice.

Even though, it's a bit grim in a way, such a spectacle made out of a real tragedy...hmmm...

Not Cameron's best work though - his best work has to be T2, no question.

Neil
11-Oct-2007, 11:24 AM
Not Cameron's best work though - his best work has to be T2, no question.

Aliens is surely up there as well? The Abyss although flawed is also pretty epic!

bassman
11-Oct-2007, 12:02 PM
I like Titanic, damn it. The only complaint people ever make is that it had the love story. What the hell else would the movie have been about?

The opening credits finish and the boat immediately hits the iceberg, proceeds to sink while we never know any of the characters or give a damn about them, and the end credits roll after one hour??

It had to have something to really pull the audience in. And not only that, but it's not like that was the only thing Cameron focused on. Every detail of the ships maiden voyage, interior, exterior, some passengers, sinking, etc was researched to death. Tell me....do you honestly think anyone else other than Cameron could have made that film and made us see what it was really like being on the ship? Maybe Spielberg, but you get the idea.

Anyway...I enjoy it. I even plopped down the 20-30 bucks to get the 4 disc special edition(which I highly recommend if you're into special effects and how they created half of the ship at full scale.)

capncnut
11-Oct-2007, 04:03 PM
Mmm, it's difficult because other than the ship hitting an iceberg and sinking, it's clearly Cameron's version of events and really doesn't have that much to do with what really happened.

But damn, you can't deny the man's attention to detail (even the friggin' cutlery had the official White Star stamp on them) and half of the ship was re-built for the movie. That has to be appluaded. And the final forty five minutes is about as good as a movie can get.

Not as imaginative as his earlier work but yeah, Titanic was worthy.

slickwilly13
05-Nov-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't want to make another post about the Terminator series, but last night I saw 2 advertisements for the tv series which starts around the 1st or 2nd week of Jan.

MinionZombie
05-Nov-2007, 02:46 PM
I saw the pilot, it's okay looking. Better than T3 anyway.

Oh yeah, apparently the T3 writers are doing the Death Wish remake. :rolleyes:

Skippy911sc
06-Nov-2007, 12:54 PM
I like T3 sure it was popcorn and bubble gum movie making but sometimes I just want to sit back and enjoy. The idea of a fourth film is a bit much however. The TV series looks interesting, but I will watch them all then decide...oh and a death wish remake...great idea. (note sarcasm) ;)