PDA

View Full Version : 'The Mist' - Sounding good!

Neil
11-Oct-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34400

MikePizzoff
11-Oct-2007, 01:06 PM
Sweet. I've been excited for this movie since I saw the trailer a couple months ago.

capncnut
11-Oct-2007, 04:26 PM
If you were to put this with a tonally appropriate double feature it would be John Carpenter's THE THING.
Interesting...

SRP76
12-Oct-2007, 12:05 AM
Had me going until the end.

It isn't broken, but these people ALWAYS want to fix it!:mad:

Yojimbo
12-Oct-2007, 12:15 AM
Coolness. This one is on my list for sure.

Does someone have a link to a trailer?

Terran
12-Oct-2007, 03:45 AM
Neil....always such an optimist

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2007, 04:01 AM
EP-MHO_M6ik

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 05:26 AM
cool, reminds em of the directing style in the stand mini series from the early 90's.

Neil
12-Oct-2007, 07:58 AM
Another +ve review... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34411

ProfessorChaos
12-Oct-2007, 08:17 AM
awesome....i've been stoked about this since i first read about it (probably almost a year ago). stephen king has so many killer stories (rage, the long walk, roadwork-all from the bachman books) that i'd love to see made into full length films, or combined a la creepshow. "the mist" was always on that list. one of king's best stories. the trailer looked awesome when i saw it, and really made a good impression on me.

however, i was a bit skeptical of the (what i figured to be) guaranteed "hollywood ending", where they find the marines/army/etc standing on the other side of the mist, and everyone is happy and hugging and birds are singing...i reasoned that'd be the way they'd wrap this film up. but wait, what's this? a dark and more twisted ending than king's?!?!?:elol: count me in!

after reading the reviews linked above, especially the part about the different ending, i'm suffering through the days till this hits theaters...king's ending was kinda anti-climatic, but nonetheless worked great in context with the novella. i always wondered what became of the survivors....guess now we'll get to find out.;)

Danny
12-Oct-2007, 08:54 AM
"a darker version than kings"?

yawn. that just means everyone dies.

-how optimistic am i?:lol:

Chakobsa
12-Oct-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to see this film, maybe this'll be the one; the King story that didn't
get mangled by producers after a fast buck, We'll see.
Trailer looks good though.

MoonSylver
13-Oct-2007, 03:02 AM
"a darker version than kings"?

yawn. that just means everyone dies.

Yeah, because HIS version ws so bright & sunny to begin with...:rolleyes:
---MS

deadwrtr
14-Oct-2007, 12:46 PM
Smacks of made-for-tv for some reason, but I sincerely hope not. I've always thought this would be a great movie.