PDA

View Full Version : Day Question

Dead Hoosier
12-Oct-2007, 04:34 PM
I was watching Day of the Dead (the most recent DVD release) today, and in the early scene where they land the helicopter back at the base, John says, "Right, I could do that if all of this wasn't going on."
Perhaps my memory has faded, but didn't he say "****" instead of "right?" I thought it would be a strange dub. Am I wrong here? Thanks.

capncnut
12-Oct-2007, 05:43 PM
You are correct he does say "s**t". If they have dubbed it over with "Right" then that's pathetic.

12-Oct-2007, 05:53 PM
yep. They did dub over that particular naughty word.
and they didn't throw in an extra evisceration to even things out.

Dead Hoosier
12-Oct-2007, 06:11 PM
What possible reason could they have had?! It's an unrated film, and Steele alone exceeds any profanity limit. Do we have a case of Lucas-like tinkering?

MaximusIncredulous
12-Oct-2007, 06:17 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Anchor Bay used a Japanese master of Day for their Divimax release which had a few profane words dubbed over but looked better than other sources that were used for prior releases of Day on video.

lullubelle
12-Oct-2007, 06:51 PM
You are totally right, I dont undestand the reasoning behind it as this, it's like having Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind say "Frankly my dear I dont give a hoot", pathetic.

jim102016
13-Oct-2007, 02:17 AM
You are totally right, I dont undestand the reasoning behind it as this, it's like having Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind say "Frankly my dear I dont give a hoot", pathetic.

Yup, he says "sh*t, I could do that even if all this wasn't going on" or something like that. Sorry the censoring ruined it for you.

Philly_SWAT
13-Oct-2007, 10:12 PM
Did they dub out all of the many uses of the "F" word? If not, that seems incredibly weird.

On a funny note, on WTBS whenever they show "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", they obviously dub all the cuss words. Funny thing is, when Brad is talking about his girlfriend, and says "She's great in bed", they dub that with "She's great and fun". I guess the very idea of two people in bed is too much for the average TBS viewer.

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2007, 10:29 PM
Wasn't it something to do with audio problems, 99% of the audio is fine, but there had to be some changes for some techno-nerdy reason I didn't even notice at the time until it was pointed out, because there's all the "what the f*ck you're doing with my time" and all that still there.

And my favourite ever quote - "I'll have to lay of the f*cking booze, Steel, cos there won't f*cking be any of it f*cking left!" - CLASSIC, officially.

A quite tug-off of Google later and:

9:15- It's crazy, different voice
9:35- Sh!t to "Right"
58:48- Gunshot is partially missing
1:01:33- It's the Spic, different voice
1:11:20- Oh Jesus to I can't look
1:20:30- Jesus to "Stuck".

Never noticed any of them until I was told, even afterwards I forget them all and just enjoy how f*cking brilliant the DVD looks, my video copy - as well as being from a lower quality print - is blown up to full screen, so it goes all Antonio (like most full screen versions) and the quality reduces.

Legion2213
13-Oct-2007, 10:46 PM
MinionZombie

And my favourite ever quote - "I'll have to lay of the f*cking booze, Steel, cos there won't f*cking be any of it f*cking left!" - CLASSIC, officially.

Yes. Pure quality! :D

Griff
13-Oct-2007, 11:18 PM
Just repeating what I said in the Blu Ray thread, the audio flubs still remain on the Blue Ray versions but there is now also the option of listening to the original, unaltered mono soundtrack.