PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista..

Tricky
14-Oct-2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone else using it yet?considering they reckoned it was going to be great for gaming,ive never used such an unstable operating system!some of my older games wont run on it at all (and by older im only talking 3 or 4 years) & i get random crashes back to desktop all the timeon new & old games!its usable and the majority of my gaming sessions go unhindered,but i dont remember ever having as many crashes as i get now on XP.It was in development for a long time before release & its now had a year out on the market so its about time they ironed some of the damn bugs out!:mad:

capncnut
14-Oct-2007, 11:17 AM
I have no idea why people use it. From what I hear, it has been nothing but a curse.

deadwrtr
14-Oct-2007, 12:55 PM
I use it. Beautiful graphics, although I have run into problems with games as well. Even new games (Bioshock) crashes a lot. However, some games run fantastic on it (Prey, Battlefield 2142) and internet use is pretty stable. Once in a while, I'll leave the room and hear the opening tones of Windows starting up for no reason. The experts have said to not buy it until at least service pack 2 is released... if there is going to be such a thing...

Runs pretty good on my laptop. 2gigs of ram, dual core processor (2.0ghz x2) Geforce 8600 256mb... it damn well should. :)

Tricky
14-Oct-2007, 01:41 PM
It came with the PC i bought,they werent offering it with XP so i had no choice,like deadwrtr says the graphics are beautiful,company of heroes in DX10 is absolutely sweet!but its just so damned unstable!also some of the save games & display/controls configuration have vanished on some games which is strange...

mista_mo
15-Oct-2007, 02:58 AM
vista is a blight upon humanity, the only solution to which is exterminatus.

i have it on my computer, and it has done nothing but trouble for me.

acealive1
15-Oct-2007, 04:28 AM
im not using that filth til it comes standard with ALL computers and the price goes down. its like throwin away $200 to get free viruses. dont they have a lemon law for things other than cars? firefox might actually do right if they came out with an OS

capncnut
15-Oct-2007, 11:31 AM
vista is a blight upon humanity, the only solution to which is exterminatus.
Completely agree. That's why I use XP with a Vista skin. :D

Legion2213
15-Oct-2007, 11:36 AM
Using "vista home premium", it came installed on my new lappy...no problems at all, looks lovely and does the job. I like it a lot.

I believe it works best when you have a decent spec machine, I'm ok on that front (2GB RAM, Core 2 T5500 processor etc).

For those who hear lots of horror stories about it, it's the same with anything, people rarely post on forums if they are content/happy with something, but if they are unhappy, having problems or feel pissed off, they like to vent about it.

Tricky
15-Oct-2007, 11:57 AM
My system is an Athlon X2 6000,an 8800GTX card,2gb RAM,600GB hard drive,good power supply,good main board,plenty of venting & fans etc,so i really shouldnt be getting any problems!all my drivers are up to date,its defragged regular & virus free,its all down to vista being buggy as hell.I like vista,but il like it a lot more when the bugs are gone..

MinionZombie
15-Oct-2007, 01:06 PM
I wish they'd release a solid piece of software off the bat, rather than a buggy piece of crap that takes a year or more to sort out into a proper OS.

XP is great, and I'm sticking with it. Eventually my folks will have to get a new family desktop, because the current one is probably on it's way out gradually (kinda got a mind of it's own, plus it struggles with broadband internet for some reason), but because all new PCs out there have feckin' Vista on them now, they're going to have to wait until it's properly fixed as an OS.