PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Kaos
15-Oct-2007, 01:52 AM
Just got this game last week, and it is my new obsession. Finally a decent old school RPG for the DS. The control system is perfect, the story detailed, and the whole thing is just plain fun.

Any other DS owners out there?

DeadJonas190
15-Oct-2007, 04:03 AM
I haven't picked it up yet, I want too, but I just don't want to spend the money right now.

capncnut
15-Oct-2007, 11:27 AM
I have a DS with two games: New Super Mario and Animal Crossing. I haven't picked it up in the last few months though but I'll definitely bear Phantom Hourglass in mind. Old Skool Zelda is an utter joy!

bassman
15-Oct-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't own a DS or any new Nintendo systems for that matter, but I used to love the Zelda games. Ocarina of Time was the last one I played and I want to know why the hell do they keep making it look like some Japanese kid's favorite Saturday morning Anime?

Ocarina of Time had a dirty, kind of realistic quality to it and they just tossed that out the window with Windwaker(wasn't there another game before this one? Something about a mask?) and I think it's been that way ever since.

Danny
15-Oct-2007, 09:19 PM
all my gameing buys this month are handheld, this ,final fantasy tactics psp and silent hill origins are all my must have buys this month.

DeadJonas190
16-Oct-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't own a DS or any new Nintendo systems for that matter, but I used to love the Zelda games. Ocarina of Time was the last one I played and I want to know why the hell do they keep making it look like some Japanese kid's favorite Saturday morning Anime?

Ocarina of Time had a dirty, kind of realistic quality to it and they just tossed that out the window with Windwaker(wasn't there another game before this one? Something about a mask?) and I think it's been that way ever since.

There are only 2 cell shaded Zelda games, Wind Waker and The Phantom Hourglass, which is the sequel to Wind Waker. Twilight Princess looks fantastic and is also the best Zelda game in a long time.

Majora's Mask was the sequel to Ocarina of Time and was made in the same style. It is a really good game.

There was also the gameboy advanced Zelda game, The Minish Cap which was done in the old school style with the top down view. That was a very fun game, but I beat it pretty quick.