PDA

View Full Version : ugh, don't tell me this is the second 360 that's died on me...

MikePizzoff
15-Oct-2007, 08:25 PM
My 360 turns on just fine, but no picture or audio shows up on the TV. I don't know why it's doing this all of a sudden but it happened after I disconnected the A/V cord one day last week. No red lights or anything are on the console... doest anybody know what this may be? If it means my 360's broke I am NOT giving Microsoft any more friggin money. I'm selling it along with all of my games and never coming back to them.

I'm so sick of their crap that I'm even buying a Mac real soon; something I once vowed to never do.

bassman
15-Oct-2007, 08:28 PM
That sucks, man. How long did you have the two consoles before they screwed up?

CornishCorpse
15-Oct-2007, 08:31 PM
Possibly buy a new AV cable?..The lights on youre console are green then if theyre not red? Id bet the cable if the green light is on, maybe a broken connector.

Wait a minute, youre 2nd 360?! From a guy who is just about to send off his 360 for "refurbishment" is it worth bothering to try? Ive heard alot of people just get other peoples broken consoles with slight improvments, I was on a forum where the guy was on his 5th :eek:

MikePizzoff
15-Oct-2007, 08:38 PM
I have a friend that's on his 5th. They're pieces of crap. Microsoft ships huge batches of faulty systems. I also hear a lot of people say that when they ship out their 360's they just get back a refurbished one, meaning it's someone else's that Microsoft "fixed". I've also heard horror stories of people getting the 360 back in the mail and the very first time they turn it on they get the red ring of death.

I looked on the XBOX forums and apparently a lot of people have had the same problem as me and when they contact customer support the tech people will just say they have no idea what the problem is and the console will need to be shipped in along with $99. Ugh. I guess I'm going to switch over to Wii.

CornishCorpse
15-Oct-2007, 08:45 PM
Gah, the wii is fine and a nice bit of fun but if youre a more serious gamer ( meaning you like to get involved with games ) then Id say think about it. I was sick of the 360 so I picked up a wii but the lack of great titles and the whole family based nintendo does suck some balls.

The console is fine but if youre used to enjoying the lush images of the 360 then the wii will be like moving backwards slightly, the games are cheap and plenty of upgrades but personally I found there were few decent games. Resident Evil, Zelda,DBZ,MK Metroid is coming but thats about it..plenty of fun silly games but thats what the net is for! Monkeyball anyone? The games lack depth and just the will to bother to play on. With gears of War or Crackdown you want to get to the next chapter and you want to get the extra upgrade..

Jus my two cents dude, it gets older faster than youd think. Tis why Im thinking of selling my wii to go back to the ps2, none of this microsoft bull and Sony so far has never failed me.

MikePizzoff
15-Oct-2007, 08:57 PM
That sucks, man. How long did you have the two consoles before they screwed up?

I'd say the first one screwed up after about 4 months. The second one took about 5 months. And, yes, I kept them extremely well-ventilated, didn't play them for extremely long periods of time, and even had a fan blowing on them to keep them cool.

Terran
15-Oct-2007, 09:00 PM
To be fair though its the Wii's first year out.....how many great Xbox360 games were there in the first year

CornishCorpse
15-Oct-2007, 09:11 PM
A fair few. I see youre point I just thinking that Nintendo is aiming alot more towards the family market..With the 360 and PC you have a choice of what you play whereas the serious games are sidelined on the wii I feel. One of the key USP`s for the console is that youre kids can play it you can play it youre parents can play it and even their parents. With such a broad audience something has to suffer. I could be wrong but with the lack of graphics and power I cant see any of the powerhouses making groundbreaking games for a console using what is essentially an old engine . Still I wish the underdog all the luck in the world not that it seems to need it at the moment.

Danny
15-Oct-2007, 09:21 PM
ugh, see this is why when i get my "refurbished" one back (refurbished=gutted) im taking it straight down to gamestation for a wii and ill just buy one of those new master cheif ones with the kinks worked out.

CoinReturn
16-Oct-2007, 05:17 AM
Just call Microsoft and tell them you got the 3 red rings. Free repair, problem solved.

DeadJonas190
16-Oct-2007, 06:20 AM
It sounds like it may be the AV cables. If any of your friends have a 360 see if you can try their AV cables and if they don't work then you know it's your system.

I would be pissed if I were in your situation. Hopefully mine won't break, I would be pissed if my Halo 360 broke.

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2007, 02:59 PM
Just call Microsoft and tell them you got the 3 red rings. Free repair, problem solved.

That won't work because once they recieve the system and see there aren't the red lights, they'll charge me a buttload.

It sounds like it may be the AV cables. If any of your friends have a 360 see if you can try their AV cables and if they don't work then you know it's your system.

That's what I'm hoping and praying for. I love the 360 and don't want to have to form a mutany on it.

capncnut
16-Oct-2007, 06:37 PM
If it means my 360's broke I am NOT giving Microsoft any more friggin money. I'm selling it along with all of my games and never coming back to them.
Quite frankly, that's just anger talking. I went through 5 original Xbox's between 2002 and 2006. Why did I stick with it? Cos Microsoft are red hot mate! The Wii (as much as it's a cool console) is enjoying a flash in the pan success and the PS3 is a pile of dogs**t.

You may get a Wii but you WILL come back to the dark side. Trust. :D