PDA

View Full Version : This is awesome.... Pirate Bay hijacks industry website.

DjfunkmasterG
16-Oct-2007, 12:17 PM
http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/internet-and-broadband/news/pirates-take-over-anti-piracy-website?articleid=605538661

Danny
16-Oct-2007, 01:37 PM
lol, theres a mettalic joke in there somewere, but ill leave it gift wrapped for someone else to say:D

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2007, 03:10 PM
lol, theres a mettalic joke in there somewere, but ill leave it gift wrapped for someone else to say:D

Hmmm... I couldn't figure it out. Clue me in via PM!

I think this is a pretty cool move performed by these guys. I wonder what the legal repercussions are going to be...

DjfunkmasterG
16-Oct-2007, 03:24 PM
Most likely none because they are in Sweden, and the piracy laws there are a joke by american standards. They don't have copyright like we do.

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2007, 04:32 PM
Most likely none because they are in Sweden, and the piracy laws there are a joke by american standards. They don't have copyright like we do.

I believe they DO have laws against computer hacking and hijacking websites, though. Don't they?

Danny
16-Oct-2007, 05:04 PM
guessing you didnt click the link then?, they didnt steal anything, they just bought the addresss domain of "dont copycd's.com" or whatever its called.

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2007, 05:51 PM
:lol:

Hi-lary-ous.

*excellent...*

Legion2213
17-Oct-2007, 03:15 PM
The Pirate Bay now says the site will promote the International Federation of Pirates Interests.

Priceless! :cool:

EvilNed
17-Oct-2007, 03:27 PM

Erh. Bull****. We just don't have any laws preventing you from linking to copyrighted material. Which is what Pirate Bay does.