PDA

View Full Version : Oh FFS! The UK is getting too nannyish now!!!

Neil
17-Oct-2007, 09:51 AM
Now even being fat isn't your fault...

Of course it is! If you are fat then you should eat less...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7047244.stm

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 09:53 AM
ugh, good lord, this is just like that cupcake thing in the u.s missj was on abotu a while back , cant we be responsible for ourselves anymore?, well no, no we cant cus were too lazy, but still, id like for the option to be tere for future, less bone idle generations.;)

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2007, 12:42 PM
Of course, all this obesity stuff came out to cover up/mask over yet another Labour gubment cock-up that recently came out, so they barge out this obesity thing again.

"Pledged to draw up a strategy" - and that's about as far as they'll get no doubt, just watching PMQ's today there was a slew of questions from littler MPs (missed the main event part though) and every answer Brown had was either a shedload of avoidance and then a quick "oh yeah we must do something about that", or it was a slew of "we must" answers.

"Must" all you want, if you don't put money in the right places, or just forget about things, then piss all will get done! :mad:

Back to obesity, yep - a bunch of change this and that to make people do something different, like the idea of new taxes on alcohol to stop people drinking so much - saw this on Channel 4 news last night, then that Anthony Worrell Thompson bloke said that taxing was stupid and just money-making, which it is, then some gubment bloke said so-f*cking-smugly-and-snidely that "education doesn't work" on the issue - WHO'S FAULT IS THAT THEN, YOU F*CKING MORON???!!! And from the gubment that chanted "education, education, education" back in the day - oh the irony onslaught.

Extra taxation is just profiting further from vices that have been encouraged to get out of hand, from alco-pops to 24 hour drinking, they continue to fail to really understand the drinking culture in this country - because that would involve work and thought processes, rather than just lists of figures and predictions and "by 2050 we'll do this" statements, which I'm so f*cking sick of hearing.

Back to obesity, again, it's retarded. I do think there needs to be, across the board, clear & concise information on all food that says "this is how much of your daily amount is in this food", because if you don't know then you don't really understand the correct quantities of food.

Of course, there's people who just don't care and like the taste of food. Then, like all addictions, the over-eating is there to fill some other hole - that's a problem, it's a mental issue and it needs dealing with somehow - but again it's a tricky problem that would require care, attention, compassion and thought.

I'd be wary of dropping the "oh just eat less, fatty" line because over-eating is an addiction and carries many similar traits to full-on drug addictions, so it's a lot harder to do it than say it (which ironically is right up Labour's political street ... I'd "lol" if it wasn't so tragically realistic).

I saw Brown going on about "five hours of P.E. a week in schools" - now is this during school hours, or after hours? Is this recommended or forced?

When I was in high school we had 3 hours of P.E. a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday - at least for me, obviously at different times for others)...anyway, that was plenty, along with an active school day and not an excessive appetite at home, and I was fairly fit in those days...then in the Sixth Form there wasn't any P.E. and then at Uni I just indulged after losing lots of weight through under-eating in the first year ... because obviously when you're on your own and buying your own food you just wanna eat what you wanna eat. Plus, at uni, I wasn't really being that active.

Now however I'm more active and have vastly improved my diet since my time at uni, so I've at the very least stabilised things after my reckless abandon at Uni - so it's all about personal responsibility in this sense, so that aspect is very true Neil - it's about personal responsibility and acquiring that knowledge - something we never learned at school, all those wasted P.S.E. lessons and nothing about food intake - not even in biology - nothing practical anyway, nothing real-life.

And it's not just me, I've seen it happen to almost everybody I know from school and uni, everybody's weight has more or less reacted in the same way as everybody else's since high school...which is interesting...and just goes to show that it IS about needing real-life education from the-off, rather than the sort of education that is now in existence - learning a bunch of facts and then forgetting them once the exam is finished.

There isn't enough real-world "this is how it's going to be" education in schools, it's such a cocooned existence.

It's all up and down and in variations, some people I know are now skinnier than they were in high school (but in the intervening years the weight has gone up and down), others have put on weight but not an excessive amount ... some really have completely let themselves go, to the point where you haven't seen them in years and then suddenly they're the complete polar opposite to what they once were and it's honestly shocking ... fortunately I'm not in that last band, so that's at least something.

But ultimately, who couldn't stand to lose some weight? Well, except most women in Hollywood that is.

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 02:19 PM
Of course it is! If you are fat then you should eat less...
Well they go on about chips/fries being a prime example of junk food and how people should think twice before eating them and then five minutes later there's a McCains advertisement on the TV :rolleyes:. Also, there are medical conditions that can make a person overweight quicker than normal, although I forget the names.

Neil
17-Oct-2007, 02:34 PM
When I was in high school we had 3 hours of P.E. a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday - at least for me, obviously at different times for others)...anyway, that was plenty, along with an active school day and not an excessive appetite at home, and I was fairly fit in those days...then in the Sixth Form there wasn't any P.E. and then at Uni I just indulged after losing lots of weight through under-eating in the first year ... because obviously when you're on your own and buying your own food you just wanna eat what you wanna eat. Plus, at uni, I wasn't really being that active.

Now however I'm more active and have vastly improved my diet since my time at uni, so I've at the very least stabilised things after my reckless abandon at Uni - so it's all about personal responsibility in this sense, so that aspect is very true Neil - it's about personal responsibility and acquiring that knowledge - something we never learned at school, all those wasted P.S.E. lessons and nothing about food intake - not even in biology - nothing practical anyway, nothing real-life.

And it's not just me, I've seen it happen to almost everybody I know from school and uni, everybody's weight has more or less reacted in the same way as everybody else's since high school...which is interesting...and just goes to show that it IS about needing real-life education from the-off, rather than the sort of education that is now in existence - learning a bunch of facts and then forgetting them once the exam is finished.

There isn't enough real-world "this is how it's going to be" education in schools, it's such a cocooned existence.

It's all up and down and in variations, some people I know are now skinnier than they were in high school (but in the intervening years the weight has gone up and down), others have put on weight but not an excessive amount ... some really have completely let themselves go, to the point where you haven't seen them in years and then suddenly they're the complete polar opposite to what they once were and it's honestly shocking ... fortunately I'm not in that last band, so that's at least something.

But ultimately, who couldn't stand to lose some weight? Well, except most women in Hollywood that is.

Of course a lot of afterschool sports clubs are now shut due to threat from being sued if little Johny happens to fall over...

I'm at the moment, I'm quite inactive... So, to lose the weight I've put on, I'm just eating a lot less... So my weight is dropping... Simple...

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 02:35 PM
its not even "eating less", that aint the problem, its the fact that many people do nothing but sit on there ever expanding asses all day and constantly take stuff in, but never burn any of it off, i walked 8 miles to colelge form home the other day, and some fat kid in my class thought it was an achievement of some kind, that is NOT an achievement, thats the average amount of steps an animal takes during the day, if you see a couple of miles of walking, not even running, walking as effort you need help, sure theres people whove got bad hips and the like, but i mean any exercise in general, if you can but just dont then its noones fault but your own that your going in for a gastric bybass as your so fat your body cant take the strain of being anymore.
and i swear to god i saw a show on sky the other day about a dude who weighed 50 stone and he was weepign that he couldnt get out fo his wheelchair AND RAISE A LEG to get into a car, no ****.
surely by the time you cant see you own genitals its a sign you need to exercis,e but not even being able to raise your arms or les without going into a breathing/ crying fit is abomniable.
and the sad thing is, browns trying to get 5 horus of p.e a week becuase kids dont get that much activitys a week to ebgin with, whatever happened to kdis going outside, i remember wheni was about 6or 7 every night i was running round for a good 5 horus after school, climbing round building sites and running around the local woods with freinds and stuff, surely its getting kids out and NOT relying on the goverment to begin with thats the problem.
and it aint a joke, i saw a kid the other day whos head didnt even reach my waist and need to sit on 2 chairs in macdonalds.
its a sad state of afairs it really is.

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm at the moment, I'm quite inactive... So, to lose the weight I've put on, I'm just eating a lot less... So my weight is dropping... Simple...
That's all fine and dandy for you, but other people aren't quite as fortunate to have it that easy.

http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/simmons.jpg
"Oh my GOD, I put on a pound!"

Debbieangel
17-Oct-2007, 04:46 PM
That's all fine and dandy for you, but other people aren't quite as fortunate to have it that easy.

http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/simmons.jpg
"Oh my GOD, I put on a pound!"

I LOVE that pic of Richard Simmons!!!!Ya know he is a sweetie!!!

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 04:56 PM
is it just me or does anyone get a vibe of pure evil of richard simmons?, honestly?

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 05:05 PM
You ain't the only one Hellz, I feel his dark presence too.

3SCJLlSf21Y

Tricky
17-Oct-2007, 05:37 PM
You dont even have to be into sport to keep slim,i have no time for people who constantly whinge about how big they are & how they have all these aches & pains etc,then sit there stuffing crisps & cream cakes & wont even do minimal exercise like walking to the shops!and all those morbidly obese people who go on chat shows complaining about their partner not wanting to have sex with them anymore,all that "he/she should love me the way i am" crap,sorry but if you dont fancy rolls of fat & 30 chins then you aint going to want to sleep with someone like that,regardless of how attractive they were when you first met them before they piled the pounds on!
I dont buy all that "its glandular" stuff either,because according to people in the medical field that ive spoken to its about as rare as winning the lottery!

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 06:04 PM
I have to admit, it is a good time for overweight people in the UK because there are so many things the doctors can do. For example: medication that fends off hunger pangs, free Gym passes and a whole wealth of free dietry and excercise information, so for folks that eat too much, yeah there's no excuse.

A very good friend of mine has a decent diet, excercises regularly, goes to work, has a chick, bangs her nightly and he's still carrying extra baggage cos he likes his 8 pints on a Saturday. It's something he simply cannot give up, only pleasure in life, etc. Me, I'm still only about half his size even though I like a good 30 pints over the weekend... :D

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 06:16 PM
my co-host form my "blogcast" is skinny like a p.o.w or something yet he eats stuff that puts my fat ass to shame, like in the space of two hours he once ate:

an entire large dominoes pizza
2 full 2 footlong subs
a big mac
large fires
ben and jerrys furdge ice cream thing
2 boxes of chicken nuggets
and a scotch egg

hes skinny as fook but i could barely eat the large pizza in one go, so whilst he may be skinny, at least i can take comfort in the fact hell be dead years before me when his liver gives way.:lol:

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
I used to have a friend like that many-a-year-ago, he was seriously thin, POW thin as you say, and no matter what he ate, he was still skinny as fook.

I guess these people have something wrong with them, or at least they've got a proper fast metabolism, so it just barges through them and out the other end before they sap up the goodness...other people have metabolisms slower than a glacier...I think mine's pretty slow, but such things can be changed a bit...

For instance, when I worked a summer down at my local VW dealership (valeter and service washer) I was physically active for 8 to 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, and got less sleep than normal for a 10 week stretch...I'd regained some weight lost in my first semester (the infamous "pringle sandwiches semester"), and then lost some of that again/gained muscle mass I'd never had before due to the type of physical exertion.

I've since built on the upper body strength aspect a fair bit since then, but I've also gutted-out a chunk since then too, haha...

What I'm doing though now, after my previously stated 'degree of vice' (the last 2 years of my degree I just got really lazy and discovered how amazingly lush corner yoghurts and pop tarts were and just over did it, I was eating 3 deep-dish Goodfella pizzas a week ... I barely do one a month, and even then I can't eat a whole one anymore ... I'm losing my appetite in general a bit, but half out of my own determination and half out of "I'm just passed it now".

I've cut my intake of bread, which has helped - and was certainly a well-timed cut after I put my back out and couldn't do any exercise for 3 months. I've recently been able to get back into some exercise slowly, but not toooooo much as it can bring back a bit of strain, but aye, making that cut helped keep the keel even, so-to-speak.

Also just generally cutting down, not making myself miserable, nor going down the gym with physically fit people mocking me - f*ck that for a game of soldiers - also, with work picking up then that raises the exertion, and plenty of raisins keep the system chuntering through so not every single nutrient is sapped out before it's papped out. :lol:

Ewww...

Now, admittedly, I say all this while eating skittles, but it's my standard evening indulgence...not too many mind, just a small-to-medium handful.

Okay, now I'm ranting again ... god I hate thin people who don't have to fight to stay thin, wankers! :lol:

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 07:08 PM
ive never gone to a gym, particularly becuase the idea of paying for exersice jsut doesnt sit right with me ,but from lack of exercise ive got the punch of a wet noodle, but from an average hour a day pacing (im a pacer, and i have a very low patience threshold imagine that combo at a bus stop or outside a classroom) i can kick like a friggin mule, not much good in a fight but if your locked out your house just dorp me a line guys:lol:

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2007, 07:21 PM
Why pay to do something that makes you bored immediately and sore afterwards? :lol:

Plus only fit people go to gyms ... although that's probably rubbish ... but fit people DO go to gyms, and they just make the fat people feel worse about themselves, plus going to the gym opens up a whole aesthetic-obsession way of thinking I'm not really comfortable with.

I'll stick with my weights and Rocky soundtrack in my room thank you very much. :D

Seriously, the Rocky soundtrack is f*cking awesome, gets me all inspired to exercise.

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 07:29 PM
i go with dragon force myself, if that dont get you to do them push ups, aint nothing gonna.

- oh and i would just like to do a jhon edwards and say i know either cap or bassmans gonna quote my posts and add "maybe getting some ass" or something and just before you do you should be ashamed.:p:lol:

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 09:10 PM
and a scotch egg
:lol:

Take away the egg and now were talking. :sneaky:

Marie
18-Oct-2007, 09:51 PM
A very good friend of mine has a decent diet, excercises regularly, goes to work, has a chick, bangs her nightly and he's still carrying extra baggage cos he likes his 8 pints on a Saturday. It's something he simply cannot give up, only pleasure in life, etc. Me, I'm still only about half his size even though I like a good 30 pints over the weekend... :D

Let me get this straight, he has a woman he bangs nightly and His eight pints are his ONLY pleasure in life?:p

M_

capncnut
19-Oct-2007, 12:13 AM
Let me get this straight, he has a woman he bangs nightly and His eight pints are his ONLY pleasure in life?
Yeah, that's men for ya! :D