View Full Version : Lucas' comments about the Star Wars TV series...

Neil
17-Oct-2007, 12:04 PM
The US TV networks were "having a hard time" comprehending his (Lucas) vision.

"They're saying, 'This doesn't fit into our little square boxes.' And I say, 'Well, yeah, but it's Star Wars."

It is? Well nothing else you've done for the past 20yrs was 'Star Wars'! :rolleyes:

I hope there's other people involved in the writing/production, else I fear the worst!

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 12:29 PM
seriously, would anyone give a crap and watch this?, he seriously lost me after attack of the clones, i used to eba huge fan but i have zero interest in star wars anymore, and im nto the only one, indy might still work but i think he should just let star wars die.

-that or get working on episode 7 with luke adn leia and all them later on after the war.... i cat remember but arent there novels about that, he doesnt even have to write anything, what mroe reason does he need?:lol:

Neil
17-Oct-2007, 12:38 PM
seriously, would anyone give a crap and watch this?, he seriously lost me after attack of the clones, i used to eba huge fan but i have zero interest in star wars anymore, and im nto the only one, indy might still work but i think he should just let star wars die.

-that or get working on episode 7 with luke adn leia and all them later on after the war.... i cat remember but arent there novels about that, he doesnt even have to write anything, what mroe reason does he need?:lol:

I live in hope of some spark of greatdom from the original trilogy...

bassman
17-Oct-2007, 12:41 PM
Talk about milking a franchise.

Let it go Lucas. You're set for life.

But I do say roll on with Indy 4. Just because Speilberg still has talent.

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the crowd one this one. The thought of Anthony Daniels donning the gold costume once more bores me to tears.

But I do say roll on with Indy 4. Just because Speilberg still has talent.
I say roll on Indy 4 for Ray Winstone: "You ain't the daddy Indy, now pass me the whip you f**kin' slaaahhhggg!" :D

Danny
17-Oct-2007, 02:27 PM
why is it accepted that ray winston ends every sentance with "slaaaaaahyyyg!"?:lol:

Legion2213
17-Oct-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the crowd one this one. The thought of Anthony Daniels donning the gold costume once more bores me to tears.

I say roll on Indy 4 for Ray Winstone: "You ain't the daddy Indy, now pass me the whip you f**kin' slaaahhhggg!" :D

I don't think the series is going to feature any of the main characters...I'm hoping for some serious Boba Fett action (best character in the entire series - Bar the mighty Lord Vader of course).

Bring 'em on anyways...I was sucked into Lucas's murky world at the age of 6 or 7 when he released the original "New Hope" flick.

There are around twelve billion "expanded universe" novels....most of them are absolutely ****ing dire.

"the bounty hunter wars" trilogy and Timothy Zahn's "hier to the empire" series are excellent though.

bassman
17-Oct-2007, 03:14 PM
Bring 'em on anyways...I was sucked into Lucas's murky world at the age of 6 or 7 when he released the original "New Hope" flick.

Run for cover dude. I once accidentally called it "A New Hope" around here and almost lost my testes...

And f*ck yeah, the Fett rules.

Legion2213
17-Oct-2007, 03:35 PM
Run for cover dude. I once accidentally called it "A New Hope" around here and almost lost my testes...

And f*ck yeah, the Fett rules.

Cheers for the heads-up bassman, I shall watch my step (and my nuts) in the future. :D

ProfessorChaos
17-Oct-2007, 06:51 PM
i've gotta say, that as much as i enjoy the star wars trilogies (both of 'em, yeah i said both of 'em-phantom menace was weak, attack of clones was okay, but episode iii was killer, totally made up for the first two), i don't think that the idea of a tv series is very smart...i think that what's been told of the star was saga so far is about as much as i can stand.

i know that there's plenty of additional stories out there in the star wars universe, but just let it be...none of those stories (at least the ones i've seen/read/etc) are worth making into anything.i originally heard that this new tv series was supposed to take place between the two trilogies and link them up, but that doesn't really sell me on the idea.

they should pool their creative resources into making battlefront 3 for the 360.:)

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, ol' Lucas was beginning to re-discover the formula for a fantastic Star Wars flick with III. Shame it took him two par movies and a trillion dollars to get there...

bassman
17-Oct-2007, 09:08 PM
I still say he just got lucky with the original. He was sort of lucky with Ep 3, but Empire and Jedi aren't as good as they are because of Lucas.

Lucas' work is better when he hands it off to someone else. Indiana Jones,
Willow, etc...

CornishCorpse
17-Oct-2007, 10:03 PM
I say roll on Indy 4 for Ray Winstone: "You ain't the daddy Indy, now pass me the whip you f**kin' slaaahhhggg!" [QUOTE]

Lol Dude you just made my day, I salute you.

capncnut
17-Oct-2007, 10:29 PM
Winstone's the man! He plays the same character in nigh on every film he's in but he's still the man!

Lucas' work is better when he hands it off to someone else. Indiana Jones, Willow, etc...
Willow is one of the only films by Ron Howard I'm proud to be a fan of.

AcesandEights
17-Oct-2007, 10:33 PM
"They're saying, 'This doesn't fit into our little square boxes.' And I say, 'Well, yeah, but it's Star Wars."

What a sanctimonious prick. He did something truly great a generation ago and has been growing fat off the crumbs of it ever since, churning out crap and he can't understand why people don't trust his "But it's Star Wars" vision? What a cvnt rag Lucas has turned into.