PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2 media bashing...

MinionZombie
18-Oct-2007, 09:50 AM
Saw a report on Sky News last night regarding Manhunt 2, I was absolutely disgusted, it was like the Daily Mail on television, going on about "YOUNG KIDS ARE SEEING THIS IN THEIR THOUSANDS!!!"

BOLLOCKS, MATE! :eek:

For a starter, when downloading a game of the net, you've got to have a chipped/modified console - that costs money - little kids don't have money, nor the ability to send their consoles off for modding.

Also, they completely ignore the fact that the version banned again in the UK was the version that got an "M" rating in America (which is for 17 year olds and up), we get the cut version, aimed for 18 year olds and up and it's still banned.

Regardless of whether you like it or not, some people enjoy the games, hell I played the first one a couple of times out of interest and I liked the vibe and style of the game, it just wasn't made very well.

Just fancied venting, I thought it was the most ill-informed, mis-guided scare-mongering I've seen for quite some time, masquerading as a news report.

Extended version here: http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/10/manhunt-2-media-bashing-uk.html

LivingDeadBeat
21-Oct-2007, 03:55 PM
I really don't see what all the media bashing is about. It's a video game. It's violent yes, but it's a video game.

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2007, 04:48 PM
It's because of morons who don't "get" videogames, least of all the ratings process...a dying breed really, as in parents who aren't gamers, but that's becoming less-and-less the case as the years press on, and gamers start pooping out kids.

Craig
23-Oct-2007, 01:11 AM
My mum recommended I play Silent Hill 2...

That's all I have to say on this sort of matter.

Danny
23-Oct-2007, 03:39 AM
THATS BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS SILENT HILL 2 RULES!!!!

-ahem.

on topic tidbit, there giving the press straight jackets...no really, real straight jackest with the manhunt logo.

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 01:28 PM
I enjoyed the first Manhunt. It was spectacular or anything but it was fun.

It does get a bit nasty when you get the close up of the murders, though. Still, these people are morons for trying to get it in the way.