PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead: What am I missing?

LivingDeadBeat
18-Oct-2007, 10:34 PM
I currently only have the Arrow Films 2 Disc Special Edition version of Day, which runs for 97 minutes, but I noticed the other version runs for something like 101 minutes. My question is, what exactly am I missing? It seems to have similar special features, but is it the same thing as the cut version of Dawn, cutting out some of the more brutal scenes or is it dialogue?

acealive1
18-Oct-2007, 11:07 PM
may be a bit of both, i couldnt tell ya bro.

DubiousComforts
19-Oct-2007, 03:29 AM
I currently only have the Arrow Films 2 Disc Special Edition version of Day, which runs for 97 minutes, but I noticed the other version runs for something like 101 minutes.
Internet DVD comparison guides are your friends: DVD Compare (http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=677)

There are supposedly no cuts. The differences in running times can probably be attributed to 4% PAL speed-up.

SymphonicX
19-Oct-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah Dubious is correct, its a frame rate difference between Pal and NTSC

LivingDeadBeat
19-Oct-2007, 02:17 PM
Ah, thats not so bad then, cheers guys!

Legion2213
19-Oct-2007, 02:19 PM
Internet DVD comparison guides are your friends: DVD Compare (http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=677)

There are supposedly no cuts. The differences in running times can probably be attributed to 4% PAL speed-up.

Very useful link/site DC. :)

DubiousComforts
19-Oct-2007, 04:15 PM
Also, the Arrow Films 2-Disc edition has audio commentary with the special effects crew minus Savini (Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Everett Burrell and Mike Deak). This isn't available on the Anchor Bay 2-Disc edition.

LivingDeadBeat
19-Oct-2007, 04:20 PM
yeah, I have yet to watch Day with the commentary funnily enough, I'd rather it included Savini.

DubiousComforts
19-Oct-2007, 08:45 PM
yeah, I have yet to watch Day with the commentary funnily enough, I'd rather it included Savini.
Savini's commentary is on the Anchor Bay edition.

Someone should do a fan-edit and merge all available commentary tracks to a single disc. It's a pretty easy job if you have all the materials, even with the 4% speed difference between NTSC and PAL.

LivingDeadBeat
21-Oct-2007, 04:32 PM
That'd be great :D Isn't Anchor Bay US only? Like I said before I have a PS3 which is apparently Region Free but I wouldn't want to risk it without reassurance.