PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a film (Just want your opinions)

Cykotic
11-Apr-2006, 09:12 AM
I've been writing this story for a while now (4 years!) and have been really thinking about making a film based on it. What do you think of this?

"The Dead are taking over. Police, Army, everyone in their ways gets killed. In an act of desparation, 2 of the most dangerous killers in the world are paroled, on one condition: They kill as many zombies as they can in any way they wish. But, they have other ideas..."

Well...

What do you think?

(Cereval, this sounds like it's perfect for your DEADSCAPES series!)

*I mixed up the "Deadlands" series with the "Deadscapes" series in original post. Apologises to all involved!

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:48 AM
Actually Cereval does the Deadscapes series. :D

I do the Deadlands series. :cool:

Can I be honest... Please don't take this the wrong way, but based on your small synopsis... it sounds like a Troma flick. I think zombie films are better told as either a survivors trapped story or dealing with the apocalypse as a survivor over many years.

P.s. I think that jumping cat/scary baby gif is hilarious.

Cykotic
11-Apr-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry about the Mix-up!!!

I must admit, It does sound like something Troma would do....

deadwrtr
11-Apr-2006, 03:46 PM
I must admit, It does sound like something Troma would do....

Possibly, but I like the idea, provided it's done well, and avoids the cliche's for which Troma are known.

I think we need new directions for zombie films. The "run for your life but get eaten eventually anyway" genre is old. It sounds as if your characters could really explore humanity, or do their best to destroy it. Even so, I think these 2 so called "murderer's" could breathe new life into a genre that sorely needs fresh air. Plus, talk about character development! It sounds as if they could be people you'd love to hate.

Everyone knows zombies eat people. The trick is to stay away from them. If you are dealing with the Romero universe zombie, everyone knows the ground rules. If it's something else entirely, well then I say, go for it!

Just because your idea doesn't meet mainstream thought or opinion doesn't mean it can't be good. Avoid cliche... like the plague.

Oh yeah, and the cheese.

angelus
13-Jun-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm just starting out but I've already got a story down . BUT everyone says do a short first , so I thougth about just breaking it into two parts . any suggestions for a first time film maker?:D

Pistolero Films
13-Jun-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey

I like the idea...because then you could have the killers find groups of people surviving and there could be a lot of tension between them.

I like the idea, and just because it doesn't fall into the typical zombie movie theme, doesn't mean it can't be done well.

Go for it!

Adrenochrome
13-Jun-2006, 12:21 PM
Maybe bring back Snake Pliskin.:D
With a buttload of "Snake Pliskin! I thought you were dead!" one liners - Snake would answer in his gruff whisper, "Do I smell like one of those rotting bastards?"

http://glovestudio.com/squatsquat/wp-content/photos/snake_pliskin.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
13-Jun-2006, 12:25 PM
Kurt's too old to play Snake. Which is a bummer. :(

Adrenochrome
13-Jun-2006, 12:32 PM
Kurt's too old to play Snake. Which is a bummer. :(
hmmmmm, in today's world of remakes, who could be the new Snake?

Hell,.....it'd probably be that poofter Orlando Bloom.

But, since it'll be a home-made flick, he could always dress someone up as Snake.
Pliskin is one of the best bad-asses ever created!!! (a bit corny and cheesy, but GREAT!)