PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of The Dead Misprint

LivingDeadBeat
23-Oct-2007, 12:49 PM
I was just watching the UK's Uncut version of Dawn when I realised that the front cover has quite a strange misprint - Ken Foree is listed as 'Hen Foree.'
I have attatched a picture but it isn't so clear, but I can guarantee you 100% that is a 'H'.
http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/NEWER%20COVERS/DAWN%20OF%20THE%20DEAD%20UNCUT%20DVD.jpg

capncnut
23-Oct-2007, 01:21 PM
Good eye man. :cool:

Here's a possible reason. There's another cover (not sure if it's US or Euro) but I saw it once and it had a strange font that kinda stretched certain letters, K's in particular, and it would be very easy to misinterpret as a H. I think the packaging on that was used as an inspiration for the UK version you are showing and whoever was in charge of lettering must've mistaken it for a H, hence 'Hen' Foree. That's my take on it anyway.

Edit: Look at Michael Gornick's credit on the front of that cover, the K is also a H. There's two misprints!

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 01:32 PM
"The Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Plant sprays radiation into the atmosphere"???

Am I reading that right? Is this yet another DVD production company trying to give reason as to why the dead are rising?:rolleyes:

LivingDeadBeat
23-Oct-2007, 01:40 PM
It's by Stephen King actually, it says:
"As the oils runs out, as the Three Mile Island nuclear plant sprays radiation into the atmosphere like an atomic teakettle that someone forgot to take off the burner and as the dollar gradually becomes more and more transparent, Romero invites us into a crazed bedlam where zombies stagger up and down escalators, stare with dulled fascination at department store dummies wearing fur coats and try to eat perfume bottles. The movie's four protagonists at first segregate themselves from this world, and then, unknowingly, become a part of it. The only difference is that they're not dead. At least not yet."

Yeah, I checked my (So called) 'Director's Cut' as well (139 mins) and the K does look stretched, which could have been easily mistaken for a K.

Yojimbo
24-Oct-2007, 01:16 AM
It's by Stephen King actually,

Yeah, I have read that review by Stephen King who is a friend of Romero's and he is referring to events that were occuring at the time of the original release date. So this isn't some lame attempt to explain the ghoul phenomenon, but an attempt to set the backdrop against which the movie was made and released. Still rather lame, but not in the same way.

LivingDeadBeat
24-Oct-2007, 01:20 AM
I knew of the friendship between GAR and King, I didn't however know anything about this Three Mile Island nuclear plant so I figured it wasn't anything to do with the story of Dawn.

Griff
25-Oct-2007, 02:24 AM
Poor old Ken just can't get a break. Observe the Australian VHS cover for LEATHERFACE:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3319/leatherface01eh6.jpg

And in the credits on the back:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5410/leatherface02iw7.jpg

Me and my mates still refer to him by that rather dashing title to this day.

acealive1
25-Oct-2007, 03:19 AM
i met that leatherface,he kicks all kinds of ass!!

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 04:47 PM
i met that leatherface,he kicks all kinds of ass!!
Especially nice round asses that belong to pretty buxom blondes. :D

acealive1
25-Oct-2007, 06:28 PM
Especially nice round asses that belong to pretty buxom blondes. :D

:lol::lol:

LivingDeadBeat
25-Oct-2007, 09:41 PM
Ken Force :lol: poor guy.
Edit: It's still Foree on my UK version of Leatherface.