PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham

zombie04
23-Oct-2007, 07:40 PM
Ok, I'm kind of 50/50 when it comes to Ridley Scott. I like a lot of what he's done (Alien, Blade Runner, Kingdom of Heaven, Blackhawk Down) and there's a fair amount of stuff he's done that is either overrated or just downright bad (Gladiator, Matchstick Men, A Good Year, White Squall) but I think this is something that could turn out alright.

http://www.joblo.com/ridley-on-nottingham

I still haven't found a Robin Hood movie I'm satisfied with. Prince of Thieves was alright, but there was still something to be desired. I just hope this turns out to be good.

Although Men in Tights was rather badass.

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 07:46 PM
hey hey...a fellow Joblo reader.

I heard about this a while back and think it's a rather cool idea. I think Scott needs a good return-to-form. He never really makes a horrible film, but the last one I REALLY enjoyed was "Legend". And that was the late 80's, I think.

It's a good spin on the classic tale and will most likely turn out great, I think.

Tricky
23-Oct-2007, 07:53 PM
Anythings got to be better than the robin hood series on the BBC at the moment,its absolutely farcical,completely politically correct & ultimately crap!i mean the other week they had a bloke in a leather bikers jacket & someone who was supposedly from the holy roman empire wearing what looked very similar to one of the uniforms off hi-de-hi!
And one scene in nottingham castle was like something out of indiana jones with mechanical swinging axes & blowpipes in the walls that fired streams of bolts out :lol
Robin hood may or may not have been a fictional character,but thats besides the point,they could at least try & stick to the way medieval life was back then with the limitations in technology etc

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 08:00 PM
This is the only Robin Hood flick that i've liked.....and it's a comedy.:confused:

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Robin-Hood-Tights-bh01.jpg

"My name is Achoo...." "
"bless you"

ProfessorChaos
23-Oct-2007, 08:15 PM
my fave line from men in tights:

Achoo: "Hey Blinkin!"

Blinkin: "Did you say Abe Lincoln?"

:lol:

zombie04
23-Oct-2007, 09:03 PM
my fave line from men in tights:

Achoo: "Hey Blinkin!"

Blinkin: "Did you say Abe Lincoln?"

:lol:

my favorite line:

Robin: "Unlike those other Robin Hood movies, I can speak with an English accent."

AcesandEights
24-Oct-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't know, I can't get the words "the ‘Gladiator’ version of Robin Hood" out of my head. :(