PDA

View Full Version : RAMBO trailer

Danny
23-Oct-2007, 10:17 PM
not jhon rambo, just 'RAMBO', you bet your ass its all caps lock.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZwzoD1ZFM

gotta say this, like rocky balboa looks like just more of the same.

....good!, least its got the same good team working on em ,unlike a completely different one in a remake, plus stallone looks a bit less "strok-ey" and more animated...that might have soemthign to do with being caught smuggling steriods, but as long as its a good movie who cares?;)

zombie04
23-Oct-2007, 11:38 PM
I can't wait. The first "trailer" they released which was just him killing people was everything I was hoping for. And now that there's a plot...even better. After Rocky Balboa I don't think I can really doubt Stallone anymore, unless he remakes Cobra. A good movie, but only on the cheese-meter.

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2007, 12:45 PM
Firstly, Rocky Balboa was f*cking amazing and a new chapter in the saga of Rocky, his next step and his final chapter. While all the films have a similar structure and ultimate goal (i.e. beat some chump down/prove his worth), the story continues to move in all the films, his life develops, his family develops, his friends develop. Some die and fade away, others re-appear. "Rocky Balboa" was superb, a wonderful piece of filmmaking and clearly directly from Stallone's own heart, coming to terms with his own age and position in life.

Back to Rambo - awesome. The gore-drenched trailer was way better, but the point is, I think Rambo is gonna be friggin' sweet-as.

First Blood - awesome movie
Rambo: First Blood II - good, but not a patch on the original
Rambo III - good, but still in the same area as II, perhaps a tad better
Rambo - it's gonna be awesome

Perhaps a fifth would be pushing it, I duno, as long as there's a point to making it then good-o. As long as 5, if it gets made, is more 1 or 4, rather than 2 or 3, then it's all good.

I can't wait to see Rambo, it's gonna be awesome. :)

SRP76
24-Oct-2007, 08:09 PM
This is good. I wanted Rambo instead of Rocky, years ago. This won't have the "age" hangups. It's far-fetched for "The Italian Stallion" to get into an athletic contest on the world-championship level at 60 years old, but John Rambo has no such drawback: you don't have to be in your 20s to shoot someone.

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think it was supposed to be that Rocky was 60, that's how old Stallone is (actually 61 now), Rocky was supposed to be in his 50s I think.

It won't be fiction, I'd doubt that Stallone would write complete fantasy, he knows his boxing, so he'd be looking at it from a realistic way - also, the final battle was an exhibition. Rocky ended up taking it more seriously than a proper exhibition, but it'd be far less demanding physically than say, the Rocky VS Drago battle.

The Rocky series had, not only more, but better sequels than Rambo got. Only the first movie was proper good, but Rocky 1 through 4 are freaking awesome, and 5 has moments, then 6 was f*cking superb.

Rocky 2 and 3 are alright, not great, decent enough, but only 1 is truly awesome - hopefully 4 will be more like 1 - awesome.

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 04:01 PM
I hate the fact that everyone calls these films "Rambo" now. If you say something about "First Blood", they're all "ughhhh....whaaa?".

I had a buddy once say that Rambo is the worst war movie ever.:| The original has nothing to do with war other than the fact that John had previously been in Vietnam. I wish the sequels never happened. The world of films would be a better place.

acealive1
25-Oct-2007, 04:19 PM
I hate the fact that everyone calls these films "Rambo" now. If you say something about "First Blood", they're all "ughhhh....whaaa?".

I had a buddy once say that Rambo is the worst war movie ever.:| The original has nothing to do with war other than the fact that John had previously been in Vietnam. I wish the sequels never happened. The world of films would be a better place.

worst war movie was pearl harbor, PERIOD

Yojimbo
02-Nov-2007, 01:52 AM
I don't know, maybe it was a bad night, but I could not get through Rocky Balboa. I began cursing at the screen and then had to shut it off, and I was a fan of the original few (though the one with Stallone's real kid in it was next to intolerable)

Since I didn't give the whole thing a fair chance and I value your collective opinion I will have to give this one another view.

zombie04
02-Nov-2007, 03:04 AM
worst war movie was pearl harbor, PERIOD

I don't know...Force Ten From Navarone gets my vote.