PDA

View Full Version : Diary of the Dead 2

bassman
24-Oct-2007, 08:28 PM
Romero's already gearing up for a sequel to Diary. Check it out HERE (http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9825). Watch out if you haven't seen Diary....it has some spoilers.

This is cool, I guess. But I would rather Romero do something other than dead films....

Danny
24-Oct-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah, you can only do the same situation in a movie so many times before people dont want to know anymore.

Dead Hoosier
24-Oct-2007, 11:03 PM
I have to disagree. I have seen most of Romero's other work, and it just doesn't do anything for me. Any Dead film that he does, I'll see it...multiple times. I didn't like Land, but I still saw it twice in the theater. Although I am pessimistic about Diary, I'll see it at least twice. It can't be worse than Land...can it?

Legion2213
24-Oct-2007, 11:28 PM
It can't be worse than Land...can it?

We can hope.

Geophyrd
25-Oct-2007, 12:37 PM
I have to disagree. I have seen most of Romero's other work, and it just doesn't do anything for me. ....It can't be worse than Land...can it?

Amen to both comments. Land looked terrible (particularly that awful scene panning across the town where the dead were. It looked like a bad haunted halloween castle display) and the story, which had some good elements, was really not all that there. (why does Dennis Hopper need money in a dead-filled world? Kindling?) But I'll see Diary and have high hopes for it.

But most of his other movies were terrible. Martin and Bruiser in particular were unwatchable, amateurish and poorly written. I say bring on Diary2!

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 01:32 PM
But most of his other movies were terrible. Martin and Bruiser in particular were unwatchable, amateurish and poorly written. I say bring on Diary2!

Never seen those two, but The Crazies and Creepshow are friggin awesome. The Dark Half and Monkey Shines are pretty decent flicks, as well. I still have to check out the two you mentioned and Knightriders(which I hear is great).

So it doesn't seem like he has a bunch of terrible work outside of the Dead series, if you ask me. Besides, most directors have a flick or two that's not very good. I say Romero has a pretty damn good record for being an independent fella that stays away from Hollywood.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 01:42 PM
Night of the Living Dead - awesome

There's Always Vanilla - still to see it

Season of the Witch - actually quite good, flawed but good

The Crazies - rough around the edge, but awesome - guys in gas masks and chem suits shooting up the place, come on!

Martin - awesome

Dawn of the Dead - best film ever made in the history of the f*cking planet, nuff said

Knightriders - awesome, long, but classic GAR

Creepshow - awesome

Day of the Dead - awesome

Monkey Shines - awesome, and it's got a f*cking cool-ass monkey in it!

Two Evil Eyes - not bad

The Dark Half - not bad

Bruiser - I liked it, not superb, but still good

Land of the Dead - awesome

Diary of the Dead - I'm sure it'll be awesome, can't wait to see it.

:)

Dude, check out Martin, Bruiser and Knightriders already! :)

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:25 PM
Both Martin and Bruiser were f**kin' ACE! In fact, Martin ties first place with Dawn IMO.

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 05:35 PM
Dude, check out Martin, Bruiser and Knightriders already! :)

I've tried! They're fecking impossible to find over here....

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:38 PM
Strange that 'cos the only copy of Bruiser I could get was on a region 1 disc. I don't think it has ever been released in the UK.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 05:49 PM
Bassman, dude, t'internet. :)

My Bruiser and Knightrider DVDs are both Region 1, Martin is R2 though. DVDpacific - nuff said.

sirjacktorrance
25-Oct-2007, 06:26 PM
uh oh...the sinopsis sounds great except 2 words:

posible SPOILERS SPOILER !!

civilization of the dead?
desperate struggle for survival, and peace, between two tribes

it seems that mr romero wantīs to make the final ending of the saga via"if you donīt shoot me i donīt eat you" way that i think is wrong in a diary sequel....sounds very very very bad to me guyss:confused::confused::confused:

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
That's been one of the messages in all of the films.:confused:

Legion2213
25-Oct-2007, 11:34 PM
uh oh...the sinopsis sounds great except 2 words:

posible SPOILERS SPOILER !!

civilization of the dead?
desperate struggle for survival, and peace, between two tribes

it seems that mr romero wantīs to make the final ending of the saga via"if you donīt shoot me i donīt eat you" way that i think is wrong in a diary sequel....sounds very very very bad to me guyss:confused::confused::confused:

Ever read something and think to yourself "I really wish I hadn't read that" :(

sirjacktorrance
26-Oct-2007, 11:19 AM

yes,but when we all know how want to end the saga this could be a bad idea(for a diary sequel,tough)

Doc
28-Oct-2007, 05:48 AM
Romero's already gearing up for a sequel to Diary. Check it out HERE (http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9825). Watch out if you haven't seen Diary....it has some spoilers.

This is cool, I guess. But I would rather Romero do something other than dead films.... A sequel already? film hasn't even come out yet!:rockbrow:

Griff
28-Oct-2007, 07:57 AM
A sequel already? film hasn't even come out yet!:rockbrow:

Ah, they were saying the same **** about LAND before it came out. I'm sure the option of sequel was part of the deal with the Weinsteins, as it was with Universal.

But then, didn't they say going into DIARY that they were trying to re-establish their own franchise, since there were way too many fingers in the NIGHT, DAWN, DAY, LAND... pie?

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't remember hearing "re-establish our own franchise", but I remember GAR saying he wanted to make a dead flick on which he had copyright ownership, re-establish that, because of being f*cked about on the others, poor bugger.

erisi236
30-Oct-2007, 08:36 PM
heck I didn't even know part 1 was done. :dead:

Griff
31-Oct-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't remember hearing "re-establish our own franchise", but I remember GAR saying he wanted to make a dead flick on which he had copyright ownership, re-establish that, because of being f*cked about on the others, poor bugger.

"Basically it's also an attempt to re-establish a lucrative franchise."

From the Man himself, apparently in an interview with the Toronto Star (though I can't find the original online).

Legion2213
31-Oct-2007, 02:00 AM

I believe this was the reason that GAR, Savini & Company made NotLD 1990.

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2007, 11:49 AM
I stand corrected, Sir. :)

tkane18
31-Oct-2007, 05:36 PM
Here is an online article from today:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/831/831660p1.html

zombie_weasil
31-Oct-2007, 07:59 PM
The new Fangoria makes mention of a follow-up as well.

In their news section it says something about the Weinstein company picking it up for distribution (which we knew already) and they want a follow-up ASAP.

Word!

clanglee
01-Nov-2007, 01:49 AM

Netflix or Blockbuster have both movies man. Both are pretty cool.

I disagree man. Maybe in Land. But in the others it was all about people relationships, not really people/zombie relationships. Ya know?

bassman
01-Nov-2007, 11:57 AM
I disagree man. Maybe in Land. But in the others it was all about people relationships, not really people/zombie relationships. Ya know?

The people are the zombies. The zombies are the people. Both are a commentary on the times.