PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock..

Tricky
24-Oct-2007, 09:32 PM
Ok so ive just finished playing the demo of the PC version,in DX10 at maximum resolution,& it is absolutely amazing!graphically it makes your eyes bleed & puts your jaw on the floor,and the game world is mighty intriguing!i want to know what its all about now,i may have to buy it!the scene when you first see rapture just after the plane crash is one of the most jaw dropping gaming experiences ive had yet :eek:

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2007, 10:34 PM
I'll have to get my ass a copy of this once it comes down in price/get it second hand.

Right now I'm waiting for COD4, got the limited edition pre-the-f*ck-ordered, bitch. :cool:

DubiousComforts
25-Oct-2007, 03:03 AM
Played the game all the way through and it is indeed incredible. The story was more intriguing than most feature films I've seen lately.

slickwilly13
25-Oct-2007, 04:46 AM
Bioshock has some amazing graphics. In a way, similar to movies such as Toy Story. In other words, the images really stand out. Some of the best I have seen if not the best.

DeadJonas190
25-Oct-2007, 05:13 AM
The gameplay is even better, buy it as soon as possible, it is a great game through and through. It definalty earned all those 10/10 it got. I will go as far as to say that it is quite possibly one of the best games of all time.

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 06:05 AM
well in the uk official 360 mag its rated higher than halo3, in fact the only game to get the same perfect rating is oblivion, if that dotn say how good it is i dont know what does.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 09:53 AM
I've never played Oblivion, so I'll have to go for "I don't know what does", Chuck. :D

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 10:11 AM
PLAY ****ING OBLIVION!!!, how can you own a 360 and not have played it yet?!?:eek:

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 01:34 PM
Because I don't really "do" RPG games. STALKER was as far as I go down that sort of path...and I don't really "do" all that swords and monsters and quests type stuff. I'd rather blow sh*t up in a modern setting or steal cars or race cars and cut up zombies or jump around buildings or chainsaw aliens in half or... :p

Ooooooooh, COD4 can't come soon enough, I'm gonna love having me a slice of that sweet, sweet candy...BAM!

(Anyone get that reference? If you didn't then ya-boo-sucks to you! :lol:)

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 01:35 PM
I too am waiting for Bioshock to be a bit cheaper. I would get it now, but i'm going for the new Stanley Kubrick Collection instead.:)

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 01:45 PM
Mmm, indeed.

And plus I always get a bit tetchy sometimes, if I have doubts about whether I will be able to complete the game, then I kinda shy away and get it cheaper...but then again, I thought I'd never finished Gears of War but I did, and I thought I'd gotten stuck forever on Rainbow Six Vegas, but I picked it back up and nailed it, so I should probably doubt my gaming less...but I still don't have the cash to get all the games I want, I'm still catching up on older titles.

COD4 will be my first brand new, pre-ordered purchase (got GTAIV and Alan Wake waiting too).

Besides, I've gotta buy a bunch of props this month so...

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 01:47 PM
the netx uk 360 magazine demo disc has a fair few good ones on including bioshock.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 01:52 PM
Got a link to it online or something, like a pic even? There's all these magazines with similar names and it just confuses the balls off me. I could do with a 360 demo disc.

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 01:56 PM
..its the official uk xbox 360 magazine:|

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 01:57 PM
Which issue is it gonna be though?

Ug...I'll feckin' google it. :lol:

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 01:59 PM
i-its THIS MON- *sighs* know what. give me a minute.

*trundles off grumbling*

*comes back still grumbling*

http://www.oxm.co.uk/ TAKE IT!, TAKE IT AND GO YOU WHORE!:lol:

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:28 PM
Bioshock is a fantastic game from start to finish. It's nothing compared to the sheer wankfest of The Orange Box but still great nonetheless.

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 05:34 PM
The Orange Box? Never heard of it...

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:36 PM
It's the new Half Life 2 package for the 360, Bassman.

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 05:38 PM
It's the new Half Life 2 package for the 360, Bassman.

I remember playing my brother's original Half Life on PC way back, but I didn't know it was on the 360...

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:47 PM
23wvull9Yyk

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 11:06 PM
Which issue is that though with the BioShock demo on it? December 2007 of OXM?

I've been searching through their official forum and the Xbox forum, and there's never any full-on information that simply says - "in the [month/year] issue, released on [date] this stuff is on the disc" - bosh.

It's all I wanna know! *cries after giving up* bloody forums not making any goddamned sense...only HPOTD makes sense in this world!

So the BioShock demo is on the December 2007 issue of OXM? What else, and where'd you get your info from, you learned person thing?

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 11:27 AM
Well.....once again I have ran out and bought a game because you bastards were telling me how great it is.:p

I picked up Bioshock last night. I didn't have much time to play it, but what I did play was friggin awesome. Tonights a Friday, so I'm thinking i've got a long night of Bioshock ahead of me.:)

Someone please tell me that this game is longer than Halo 3....

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2007, 12:34 PM
I think game play times should take into account "gawp time" ... as in the amount of time you're likely to spend gawping at the graphics, set pieces, locations and so on...it's something I often did with Half-Life 2 and have done frequently on the SexBox369.

Ahhhh mate, I wish COD4 would hurry up and be released already, I need some new gaming fun-fun-happy-time! :)

I've got such a long list of games I want, but not that cash to drop on them...patience young Jedi...and so on.

Just added Soldier of Fortune: Payback to the wish list, tons of violence, guns and banned in Australia! :lol::D

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 01:04 PM
What's the f*cking deal with GTAIV??

I know i'll have that in my hand on the day of it's release....

slickwilly13
26-Oct-2007, 02:20 PM
You said SEXBOX369. *L*

Danny
26-Oct-2007, 02:33 PM
I think game play times should take into account "gawp time" ... as in the amount of time you're likely to spend gawping at the graphics, set pieces, locations and so on...it's something I often did with Half-Life 2 and have done frequently on the SexBox369.

Ahhhh mate, I wish COD4 would hurry up and be released already, I need some new gaming fun-fun-happy-time! :)

I've got such a long list of games I want, but not that cash to drop on them...patience young Jedi...and so on.

Just added Soldier of Fortune: Payback to the wish list, tons of violence, guns and banned in Australia! :lol::D

aye its the december issue.

and i spent ages on halo 2 and half life 2 just admiring the game and how much little detail was put into it, like posters and stuff down alleys you never need to go down, an area you can fall into as the arbiter to find "7th colum was ere 03" only to ahev to jump to your death as theres no way back up:cool:
you tempted to poichuse the orange box mz?, imagine, being able to sit on your as on your sofa playing half life 2 instead of at a desk on a pc

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, for your info, I have a well nice office desk in my room with smooth edges, a nice office chair with a high back and I've been a PC gamer for years, so my body is all adjusted to such a set up.

It was nice for a change to play on my PC again, but I'll be going back to the SexBox with COD4 of course...I must get COD3 (even though it's not properly COD because Infinity Ward weren't really involved), but regardless, it's on classics range now apparently.

Anyway, December issue eh. That on sale in shops yet or in a few days? Just ask cos subscribers get them days or even a week before shops do (like I do with Total Film, to which I'm subscribed).

capncnut
26-Oct-2007, 08:42 PM
Someone please tell me that this game is longer than Halo 3....
Rest assured Bass, it is wholly possible to waste 20+ hours on that sucker.

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 09:32 PM
Man...this game is awesome.

Quick question for you guys that have played it. I remember reading something on the net that if you don't harm a little sister throughout the game, Big Daddy will protect you at a certain point later in the game. Or something like that. Anyone know what i'm talking about?

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't know anything about that, but apparently if you harvest more than one girl you get the bad ending, but no more than one harvested girl (the rest saved) and you get the good ending.

Hopefully I'll get my hands on the demo on the OXM mag hellsing was on about.

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know anything about that, but apparently if you harvest more than one girl you get the bad ending, but no more than one harvested girl (the rest saved) and you get the good ending.

Hopefully I'll get my hands on the demo on the OXM mag hellsing was on about.

Dude.....just buy the game if you can. Once again, Capn and Hellsing are right. It's totally worth it. I'm friggin floored by this game.

Do you still not have Halo 3? Get your ass out there and get these games, MZ!!

capncnut
26-Oct-2007, 11:20 PM
And when you're done with Bioshock, Mass Effect will be gearing up to hit the stores. That game has the potential to be the best 360 title to date.

Danny
27-Oct-2007, 05:56 AM
whilst im not too excited about mass effect (mostly cus its like 2 weks till my repaired 360 ,"leonard", shows up again adn im like 4 must have games behind) but just as an example of the multiple organic conversation system seth green does a character, a MINOR one and had to record 3 digits worth of hours of speech for a few conversations.:|

Once again, Capn and Hellsing are right.

*pride ready, wallowing -ENGAGE!*:lol:

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2007, 10:40 AM
I'd snap them all up if I had the dollery-doo's bassman, but I have to temper my wants and purchase wisely and carefully...and Xmas is coming...PGR4 here I come.

capncnut
27-Oct-2007, 11:19 AM
PGR4 here I come.
Cor, the weather system in that game is astounding.

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2007, 11:28 AM
Cor, the weather system in that game is astounding.
Sar-car-zum or actual love-in-for-PGR4? :)

It certainly looks lush, as does the rain in the game.

capncnut
27-Oct-2007, 02:42 PM
Sar-car-zum or actual love-in-for-PGR4? :)
No sar-car-zum. PGR4 has the most convincing weather I've seen in a game thus far. Until Alan Wake comes along that is. :sneaky:

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2007, 03:24 PM
Ahhh yes, Alan Wake, another one of my list of games to buy - with ones either out already I need to catch up on, or ones coming in the new few months, I've got a running total of about 12 games to see to! :eek:

DubiousComforts
31-Oct-2007, 11:57 PM
Man...this game is awesome.

Quick question for you guys that have played it. I remember reading something on the net that if you don't harm a little sister throughout the game, Big Daddy will protect you at a certain point later in the game. Or something like that. Anyone know what i'm talking about?
The Big Daddys won't attack until you either attack them or start messing with a little sister. You do have to destroy the Big Daddys in order to harvest (or save) the little sisters. It's best to decide early in the game whether you will harvest or save the little sisters and stick with one strategy.

There are also plasmids available that make Big Daddy attack your enemies which is always helpful. :D

MinionZombie
01-Nov-2007, 09:47 AM
The Big Daddys won't attack you until you either attack them or start messing with a little sister. You do have to destroy the Big Daddys in order to harvest (or save) the little sisters. It's best to decide early in the game whether you will harvest or save the little sisters and stick with one strategy.

There are also plasmids available that make Big Daddy attack your enemies which is always helpful. :D
Is it possible to just avoid getting mixed up with a BD/LS combo all together?

DubiousComforts
01-Nov-2007, 10:23 AM
Is it possible to just avoid getting mixed up with a BD/LS combo all together?
I don't believe so because it's a major factor in advancing the game and determining the outcome. Early on, there is a cut scene where you decide whether or not to trust a character, and then either save or harvest a little sister. Each subsequent level has a specified number of little sisters, and I'm not certain if you're able to advance to the next level until you've dealt with all of them.

You also get some really cool shiit after defeating a Big Daddy and harvesting/saving a Little Sister. :D

Danny
22-Nov-2007, 01:53 AM
you gotta save em or kill em, i just finished the game , 41 out of 50 achievments in one play through, and i saved em all and got treated to a crappy minute of hands holding for saving them all, you cant harvest one, if you do you dont get either achievment, you either save them all or kill em, killing gets more adam to use in the gatherers garden machiens but if you dont you get crappy items, i could have got 1 or 2 more achievemtents if i killed them but i just preffered to save em.

MinionZombie
22-Nov-2007, 10:14 AM
I think I'll be evil when I play it eventually. :elol:

But for now...still gotta finish Double Agent, which I'm sticking to exclusively at the moment ... see Bassman, I can stick to one game at a time if I want...did the same for COD4, even though I bashed through it in under 48 hours, but still...mind you, I don't half have a hankering for COD4 again...it was sooooooooooooooooooo good! :cool:

Danny
08-Dec-2007, 01:19 PM
4 achievments to go in bioshock, thisll be my 3rd were ive got the full 1000pts. one has me having to scoure the game for one gene tonic i missed:dead:
plus i encountered a glitch ive been yet to replicate, i was ahmmering the buttons when killing the little sisters on my second play through (no achievemnt for killing only saving, which was odd) to try adn speed it up and when the fuzzy green stuff cleared she was still there, so i pres x again, i repeated this a few times and ended up with over 400 adam from one little sister, dont know how i did it but the glitch is there.

oh and for those too lazy to play through it twice -

Good ending: You refuse the key to rapture and take the little sisters topside, they grow up, get an education, get married, become parents themselves and it ends with jack on his deathbed with a family around him

Bad ending: Jack attacks a little sister, takes over rapture and we see a sub on the surface scouring the plane wreckage as a bathysphere rises up next to them, then another, and another. There attacked by splicers and it ends with you being shown they were aiming at this sub to steal a nuke.

Theres a bioshock 2 in the works allready apparently so im guessing the only logical way to continue the story is if the bad ending was the canonical one.

Kaos
07-May-2008, 03:19 AM
I am really having fun with the PC version of this game. I love the artwork and the Ayn Rand-like villain. Good story, and cool, unique action. Really fun.