PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 1.5 longest footage yet

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 09:40 AM
QXnymHTvHrE

now thats old school resident evil, i enjoyed 4 but just this good old running through offices and streets were youll see core covered walls and think "what happened there?" was the resident evil i loved and what made me become a survival horror fan/addict, id love to get my mits on a copy of this since resi 2 will allways be my favourite reis game, why thats not been ported to the ds like the first one i dont know.

MikePizzoff
25-Oct-2007, 12:56 PM
Pretty awesome. Are there even copies of this that are obtainable by average people? If so, I bet it goes for a pretty penny.

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 01:05 PM
i think the japanese version of resident evil directors cut came with a demo of it as a alpha resi 2 but aside form the obscure iso rips floating through the ether of the net this is pretty much unobtainable.

theres a fair bit of info on here about it http://www.bioflames.com/ they acually gave away a copy in a competition way back.
theres some more here http://www.survivhor.com/RE1.5/index.html

capncnut
25-Oct-2007, 05:21 PM
i enjoyed 4 but just this good old running through offices and streets were youll see core covered walls and think "what happened there?" was the resident evil i loved and what made me become a survival horror fan/addict.
Yeah damn straight. The series died for me after Resi 0 but the last game I truly enjoyed was Code Veronica. Seeing as though it will be Resident Evil 2's tenth anniversary next year, I think Capcom should pull their finger out and give us a special package for the PS2 next year. I would most certainly donate one of my bollocks to play 1.5!

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 06:18 PM
they should totally do a ds port of resi 2 and add the 1.5 prototype on as an extra.

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah, man!!! that's some classic re action there!!! re1 was the reason i bought a ps in the first place. ahhh memories...*sheds a single, happy tear*

i remember when i first saw a demo version of this (it came on a ps demo disc as an easter egg feature, i think)...i was so pumped. although i absolutely loved re2, part of me always wanted to have a go with 1.5.

resident evil will always be the ultimate survival horror series, hands down, no contest.

Danny
25-Oct-2007, 08:38 PM
i dunno ,resi 5 looks like a fantastic game, but not the same claustrophobic experience in the first 5.

ProfessorChaos
26-Oct-2007, 01:06 AM
i cannot wait to play re5. i imagine that i'll be gettin that one the day it drops.:)

whenever the hell that's gonna be...:|

but yeah, hellz, i know what you mean by the whole "claustrophobic", trapped feeling...kinda missed that in re4.

Danny
26-Oct-2007, 02:26 PM
plus resi 2 and 3 had the best soundtrack, the save rooms one of those tunes that a gamer will hear and never forget, like the music on tatooine in a new hope.

capncnut
26-Oct-2007, 08:33 PM
RE4, 5, blahblah. They were enjoyable and all that but they are NOTHING compared to the sheer atmosphere and wonder of old skool Resi.

the save rooms one of those tunes that a gamer will hear and never forget, like the music on tatooine in a new hope.
Damn straight man. Hell, that even applies to the first two Dino Crisis games as well.

Craig
27-Oct-2007, 01:01 AM
While nowhere near as detailed or lifelike as they were in RE2 the areas in that video look very creepy. All the blue and grey gives it a... can't think of the word... hospital sort of feeling, whatever, it's freaky.

capncnut
27-Oct-2007, 02:16 AM
All the blue and grey gives it a... can't think of the word... hospital sort of feeling.
Clinical. :D

Feels industrial too.

Danny
27-Oct-2007, 05:51 AM
sterile enviroments lacking feeling or emotions what id call em, but yeah, the areas in 4 are just too free, you can run around the village only stopping to shoot every so often and come out fine since your a dude with a gun fighting people with pitchforks:rolleyes: in resi 2 and 3 it was so claustrophobic that you coudl rarley run past a zombie without it grabbing you and chomping you.

plus the ganados never played dead either.

capncnut
27-Oct-2007, 11:08 AM
in resi 2 it was so claustrophobic that you coudl rarley run past a zombie without it grabbing you and chomping you.
Yeah, I think I was saying to ZG about the the Birkin labs with the plants hanging out of the crawlspace in the sleeping quarters. If you play that on hard, after you switch on the anti BOW gas and crawl through the hole, you find yourself in a tiny room (ie: so small you can't run in it) with 3 LICKERS!!! That's what I like about old skool Resi, it made you panic and still does.

axlish
27-Oct-2007, 01:50 PM
The footage looks awesome, I'd love to play it.

RE2 and Veronica were awesome, but it was time for RE to change with the times. Bigger playable areas and less loading doors is a good thing.

slickwilly13
27-Oct-2007, 03:58 PM
I love both styles of RE. They are 2 diffrent types of games in my opinion. And yes, the 1st 2 Dino Crisis games rocked. I never played part 3, but I heard bad things about it. Can't wait for the new Turok. Btw, a small game play clip is out for it on Marketplace.

Craig
29-Oct-2007, 11:08 AM
To be honest the new Turok game looks too much like Gears of War (or similar) for me to really be interested. I'd rather it was more like Turok Evolution, a bit brighter and less technological stuff, and no zombie dinos.

But I guess it's a new Turok and they wanna do something different.

capncnut
29-Oct-2007, 03:35 PM
And yes, the 1st 2 Dino Crisis games rocked. I never played part 3, but I heard bad things about it.
Dino 3 was a par game in every aspect but it boatsed some of the best graphics to date at the time. If you see it cheap, I'd say it's just about worth a dig.