PDA

View Full Version : Yet another MZ rant - this time, MTV...

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 05:59 PM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/10/living-on-edge-of-silver-spoon.html

Feckin' rich bastard shows...:mad:

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2007, 06:56 PM
another fine rant!

gotta agree with ya there, mz. all those shows suck major donkey dick and teach their impressionable young viewers all sorts of pretentious, arrogant, pompous, moronic, foolish, and spoiled behavior. kids these days are already spoiled and selfish enough, and now mtv wants to ensure that our future is totally fu(ked.

i remember when mtv2 came out, and they said it would be an "all music videos, all the time" station...:rolleyes: yeah fu(kin' right...that lasted about six months. now all they show is stupid sh!t like "viva la douche" and "wildfags".:lol: i think they've even got an mtv3 out now. who gives a fu(k?

i quit watching mtv years ago....i think it was an even better decision than when i decided to give up the cancer sticks.:D

bassman
25-Oct-2007, 07:10 PM
MTV is what will make "Idiocracy" come true....

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2007, 10:05 PM
MTV is what will make "Idiocracy" come true....
Or the Labour gubment. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol::lol::lol:

MissJacksonCA
26-Oct-2007, 03:27 PM
That was a pretty savvy rant man.

You might like some show that was on a while ago about the wealthy kids versus the regular work for a living half in debt group. It started off like showing you the whos who of American 'royalty' who have families with **** tons of money and what the family fortune was earned from. And they're chauferred to a house where they meet their 'serveants' who are the poor average kids. All the rich kids hang together. The poor ones hang together. Then they find out the poor kids aren't there to shuffle their bags around the posh pad but that they're going to be paired up at random and forced to compete for various tasks. In the end you see the rich kids suck at doing literally simple chores and tasks and jobs etc. And you see the poor kids pick up the slack to try to win the shows pot. Some of the wealthy run home early and quit because its too much work. I wonder what ever happened to that show...

_liam_
29-Oct-2007, 09:51 PM
indeed, but complain about the banality of MTV is like complaining your cat wont fetch a stick eh.

i think music channels are doomed with the advent of youtube tbh. those ones where you phone in to choose the video might survive. maybe.

perhaps that's why so many of them have those text in a message options.

sometimes i wonder if my super sweet 16 is staged.

MissJacksonCA
30-Oct-2007, 03:50 AM
I sincerely doubt my Sweet 16 is staged because i've known enough spoiled beasts to know that they behave like she devils and are spoiled to the nines in real life. I remember being at a friends house and her fridge was like 30 feet from where we were sitting when she screamed at her mom to get her a soda... her mom brought her one and then she started freaking out because it wasn't the one she wanted but she simply asked for a soda in general. We're talking full blown hysterics calling her mom stupid, jumping, arms flailing, and on the verge of tears... her mom just walked away like why didn't I get an abortion? And i'd been to more than a few riddick parties where they cried at their party over not getting the right ring from Tiffanys or their lush Lexus was missing some key option... it was such bull****. On the one hand I felt high and mighty that I wasnt such a pain in the ass on the other I was jealous I never got the luxury car.

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2007, 11:18 AM
Ah but Liam, I watch and enjoy MTV. I was bitching about a specific type of programming they pimp, which I hate, and more about the ideals those particular shows focus on.

Quit bitchin' about my bitchin'. :D

...additional...

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/10/price-war.html

Another rant, but this time it's actually a mini one. :)

Yojimbo
03-Nov-2007, 01:57 AM
Minon, your rants are consistently right on point. I salute you, sir!

MinionZombie
03-Nov-2007, 10:33 AM
Minon, your rants are consistently right on point. I salute you, sir!
Why thank you, Sir. :)

PJoseph
07-Nov-2007, 05:18 AM
Miss Jackson,

The show you are referring to was Survival Of The Richest on WB. I'm very familiar with the show as my wife was a producer on it.

However, the show only did moderate ratings and was not picked up for a second season.

pJ

MissJacksonCA
08-Nov-2007, 12:05 AM
AAAAAAHA! Though... I'm amazed it lasted one season as I only caught it on the telly once. After that I searched and searched and couldn't find :(

PJoseph
08-Nov-2007, 12:28 AM
Well, in the case of reality TV, you can generally gaurantee that a produced show will air a whole season - we usually get them all in the can and in some cases, the whole season is cut and done halfway through airing - so even if a show isn't coming back for a season 2, it makes sense for the network to air all the shows since we finish them up - remember, they need to fill that time they've sold.

It's not like a big expensive network show (say, Viva Laughlin - cancelled after two shows) that you wouldn't want to spend anymore money on if you haven't shot the shows.

The network also didn't promote the show very well.

pJ