PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pick up Guitar Hero III?

CoinReturn
28-Oct-2007, 05:53 PM
I stopped by GameStop this morning and grabbed my copy, and so far I'm very impressed with it. Hammer-ons and pull-offs seem a bit easier to do, and that really helps when playing Expert. I'm up to the 6th tier of songs, and its getting really tough. My Name Is Jonas is probably my favorite song I've run in to, along with Miss Murder. I've yet to unlock Through the Fire and Flames, so my fingers are still intact. Overall, I think its a hardcore Guitar Hero fan's dream. The button tracks are more intricate, the songs are better than past games (in my opinion), and there is no lag during online play. Highly recommended.

Danny
28-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
for my own musical tastes 2's got a better list, but i may get this to tide me over till rock band.
but the target one gives two controllers for the price of one and multiplayer makes it that much more fun.

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2007, 06:56 PM
Apparently GH3 isn't as good as GH2, that's what they said on GamerTV this morning anyway...

I wouldn't know, I hate those button-sequence games, I'm reet-shiite at them. :p

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2007, 07:01 PM
as soon as i get my 360 (within the next two weeks-*fingers crossed*), i imagine that i'll be picking this one up.

i'm terrible at these sort of games, too...my gf is awesome, though.

i think this one has got some killer tracks (paint it black, my name is jonas, one) and look forward to giving it a shot.

Danny
28-Oct-2007, 07:22 PM
2 weeks till mine come sback from repair so i feel your impatience man.

though im pretty damn impatient anyway.

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2007, 10:58 PM
2 weeks till mine come sback from repair so i feel your impatience man.

though im pretty damn impatient anyway.
Impatience is a virtue ... ... no wait ... there's something wrong there ... :confused::D

DeadJonas190
29-Oct-2007, 01:53 AM
I picked it up, but I got it on the Wii because it was cheaper. I like it a lot so far, but I have only played it for about 20 minutes....

now back to the game.

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2007, 02:39 AM
I picked it up along with a new A/V cord, in hopes the cord would solve my no picture problem with my 360... but it didn't. So I've got a brand new copy of GH III and no way of playing it. :mad:/:(

tkane18
29-Oct-2007, 09:44 PM
My kids picked it up on Sunday and I gave it a try having never played it before.
Well, 2.5 hours later at 12:30am pretty much says I like it.
If I didn't have to go to work, I would have played it another 2 hours. Great songs!

BTW - We have the Wii edition.

DeadJonas190
30-Oct-2007, 06:25 AM
My kids picked it up on Sunday and I gave it a try having never played it before.
Well, 2.5 hours later at 12:30am pretty much says I like it.
If I didn't have to go to work, I would have played it another 2 hours. Great songs!

BTW - We have the Wii wdition.

We will have to play against each other...

and since you have the Wii edition, have you noticed the strum bar being extra springy? Most of my mistakes come from it bouncing back and activating.

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 06:57 AM
^ apparently all the mags say youve got to "re-learn" how to play a guitar wich isnt a rela guitar adn there all saying its not as good as guitar hero 2 ,but it wasnt made by the same guys so it was techincally the new developers first outing so i guess theres gonna be room for improvement, im holding out for rock band myself though.

DeadJonas190
30-Oct-2007, 07:07 AM
Rock Band looks like it will be fun, but the price is crazy. I don't know enough people into it in order for us to split the cost, plus the USB hub for Xbox 360 looks aweful.

I still want it and I still want to play it. I have always liked music games and the set list for Rock Band is awesome.

Oh yeah, I played Welcome to the Jungle perfect the first time in GH3, hit every note. It was amazing, I have never played that well in the game... I have come close to perfect, but never perfect.

tkane18
30-Oct-2007, 06:06 PM
DJ,
When I get the Wii connected to the internet we can try it out.
Be gentle. I justed started playing.
In terms of being springy, since I never played any of the other guitars, I can't really compare.

CoinReturn
30-Oct-2007, 06:29 PM
Finished it on Hard yesterday, and I've gotta say, the last boss was probably one of the most frustrating video game experiences I've ever had. It felt so good to finally beat that asshole.