PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe, a real American hero?

Publius
29-Oct-2007, 02:51 PM
A live-action GI Joe movie is in the works, and apparently they are planning on changing the unit from an elite American special operations force to an international force. According to the article linked below, GI JOE would become an acronym for "Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity," and would operate out of Brussels, Belgium. This has caused a bit of a backlash, so GI JOE's base has been moved to New York, but supposedly the name and purpose of the force are the same. Considering the origins of the name "GI Joe," this is a real insult. My brothers and I loved playing with our GI Joe stuff when we were kids. If they go through with this plan, my son will never own a GI Joe toy.

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/10849526.html

FoodFight
29-Oct-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll bet that Cobra Commander had something to do with it.

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2007, 06:00 PM
GI JOKE is more like it. What a stupid concept for a stupid movie about a great franchise from the past...after hearing about their "re-imagining", no way I'd see this one.:barf:

Looks like another case of "name-raping".

Tricky
29-Oct-2007, 06:30 PM
Make it "action force" like the UK version for a start,it was a much less gay sounding name :lol:

DeadJonas190
30-Oct-2007, 07:24 AM
After reading that article, I will not go see this movie. That toy line is based of a real war hero and if they are going to basically say "F*ck it, lets change it to be more PC" then I will not go see it and they can go suck a fat one.

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 07:37 AM
ill stick with rambo thanks.:dead:

darth los
30-Oct-2007, 01:39 PM
After reading that article, I will not go see this movie. That toy line is based of a real war hero and if they are going to basically say "F*ck it, lets change it to be more PC" then I will not go see it and they can go suck a fat one.

The p.c. police are omnipresent! :shifty:

Yojimbo
30-Oct-2007, 10:10 PM
The stupidity and greed of Hollywood - also omnipresent.
Way to go, stupid! Alienate a rabid fan base so that you can appeal to what you hope will be a wider audience. I'd rather see a J-Lo movie than allow them to tear apart yet another thing that I liked growing up with!

Danny
30-Oct-2007, 10:28 PM
id love to see how theyd deal with the homo eroticism that is he-man in a movie adaption:lol:

DeadJonas190
31-Oct-2007, 05:38 AM
Hey man... He Man was my hero growing up. Don't pick on him just because he was a half naked man, remember he rode on a giant pussy cat. He Man was a real man...

Ok, maybe it was a really gay show. I bet he and Orco were lovers.

ProfessorChaos
31-Oct-2007, 05:54 AM
I'd rather see a J-Lo movie than allow them to tear apart yet another thing that I liked growing up with!

i don't know, bro...j-lo sucks. but yeah, i guess you got a point, most of the movies she's in aren't name-rapes.

darth los
31-Oct-2007, 06:17 AM
Yes, but after watching them you still sorta feel violated in some way. And that's just wrong.:mad:

Yojimbo
31-Oct-2007, 10:34 PM
i don't know, bro...j-lo sucks. but yeah, i guess you got a point, most of the movies she's in aren't name-rapes.

Yeah, I agree that J-Lo sucks. Attempting to pick what I thought was a truly reprehensible film-type, I was being extreme to illustrate a point, but saying that I wanted to see a J-Lo flick made me feel unclean.

Better I should have said, rather cut my big toe off, but I like my big toe, so there goes being extreme to prove a point!