02-Nov-2007, 12:43 AM
February 15th,2008

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

clanglee
02-Nov-2007, 03:42 AM
Yay!!!!!:D

hadrian0117
02-Nov-2007, 03:59 AM
Isn't the "remake" of Day of the Dead also opening in February?

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2007, 05:17 AM
well.....i think i know what i'll be doing that night...never caught any of gar's films in theaters, so i guess this'll be my first.

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 02:23 PM
Awesome....just a week or two after my birthday:)

And when was it announced that the Day remake was ever going to be released in theaters?:rockbrow:

Neil
02-Nov-2007, 06:29 PM
Awesome....just a week or two after my birthday:)

And when was it announced that the Day remake was ever going to be released in theaters?:rockbrow:

8 days before mine :)

But hang on! That's the US release date :(

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 06:42 PM
8 days before mine :)

But hang on! That's the US release date :(

I thought the rights for outside the US were acquired long before? Seems like you guys should already have a release date....

Neil
02-Nov-2007, 08:18 PM
I thought the rights for outside the US were acquired long before? Seems like you guys should already have a release date....

Not aware of it?

capncnut
03-Nov-2007, 03:07 AM
It'll probably be a month or two after the US release.

As f**king usual.

MikePizzoff
06-Nov-2007, 01:10 PM
:thumbsup: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Can't wait!

scott_gunnell
07-Nov-2007, 04:30 PM
As soon as anyone knows the UK realize date can they post in it on here? I definably want to see it on big screen. I keep checking some London Websites but I would go across the country to see it at the movies. Going across the country here in England is a lot quicker than going across the good old US of A :)

Realise date I meant :) Dam spell check ;)

clanglee
08-Nov-2007, 01:42 AM
lol, release. spell check sux

kev
20-Nov-2007, 04:08 PM
George Romero was in London 5th November to show this film at Frightfest.
Did anyone go see it? I could not make it.

CapnRhodes
21-Nov-2007, 08:11 AM
When are we gonna see a trailer?!

DVW5150
22-Nov-2007, 12:10 AM
Flowers for the stenches .
Little chocolatey deep-fat fried intestine segments ; the box
is shaped like a real heart .
Its good to place that on my calendar .:cool:

Yojimbo
24-Nov-2007, 10:16 PM
My wife and I will be there on opening night. BTW: Anyone of you zed-heads here in the area of Los Angeles, CA want to go with us, sound off please! Nothing better than seeing a zombie movie with other zombie freaks, and the bigger the crowd of freaks the better it is.

Head Shotz
28-Nov-2007, 12:40 AM
If it is played in my hometown I will probly be the only one in the theater. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing, come to think of it that would rock!:evil:

Ivarr
28-Nov-2007, 11:55 AM
I am going to try to get a group of people to go in full Zombie mode to the opening in the Boston Area. (Preferably near where I live).

I want to make an event out of it and spend a few hours doing make-up and effects for people ...

I am one of the owners of a company that runs live adventure games ... so I have the props and the make-up and the equipment.

ProfessorChaos
28-Nov-2007, 01:39 PM
ivarr, jimbo, if i lived anywhere near either of you, i'd totally be there with ya. i live near smack-dab in the middle of the continent, though, about 30 min from st. louis. looks like i'll be draggin my gf to this one, and i doubt she'll be down for going "dead"...unless, of course, there are fellow hpotd'ers in my neck of the woods who wanna show up in true style.....:rockbrow:

ngm231
02-Dec-2007, 04:53 AM
heres a uk release date from imdb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848557/releaseinfo

capncnut
02-Dec-2007, 07:08 AM
7th of March, eh? Surprsingly close to the US release so not bad, these things are normally a few months apart.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Dec-2007, 08:25 PM
IMDB is reporting the release as Limited for USA. Limited usually means 600 screens or less. Now I usually don't rely on IMDB for true information on films yet to be released, but does anyone know if this is true.

Mike70
05-Dec-2007, 03:05 AM
doesn't matter to me how limited. it could be showing in grandma rezzetti's backyard down the block and i would still pay (if i couldn't sneak into her yard) to see it - if she is showing it on a reasonably big screen.:D:p:lol:

Doc
06-Dec-2007, 03:47 AM
7th of March, eh? Surprsingly close to the US release so not bad, these things are normally a few months apart. Uh well I found this http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/F3F816F7999C46F6802573A7005855D8?OpenDocument

Expected to open on 07/03/2008 it says.

Doc
27-Dec-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I'm just wondering has GAR himself said it's coming out in February 15? I haven't heard him say anything about its release....

bassman
27-Dec-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I'm just wondering has GAR himself said it's coming out in February 15? I haven't heard him say anything about its release....

I doubt you would hear it from Romero himself. It's not his decision. If he does say anything about it, I would imagine he would mention it at a convention.

At this time, though.....I'm going with IMDb, BOM, etc, and expecting it in February.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2007, 06:52 PM
Uh well I found this http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/F3F816F7999C46F6802573A7005855D8?OpenDocument

Expected to open on 07/03/2008 it says.

Hi Doc,

in the UK they use a different date format than we do in the USA. So if that was found on the BBFC that is March 7th 2008. They use Day first, then Month, then year. We use that at my job, but like this. 07March2008

Neil
27-Dec-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi Doc,

in the UK they use a different date format than we do in the USA. So if that was found on the BBFC that is March 7th 2008. They use Day first, then Month, then year. We use that at my job, but like this. 07March2008

What he meant to say was we use the correct method... You don't :p

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2007, 09:09 PM
What he meant to say was we use the correct method... You don't :p

LMAO... it's funny, I like the UK format better and since my company is very adamant about using the UK format I just use for everything now. You should see the looks on the bank teller or check out girls face when i write a check for something and they see the UK formatted date. Some ask what format is that and I answer... The correct one. :lol:

Doc
28-Dec-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi Doc,

in the UK they use a different date format than we do in the USA. So if that was found on the BBFC that is March 7th 2008. They use Day first, then Month, then year. We use that at my job, but like this. 07March2008 Wow! and all this time I've been doing it the wrong way......I feel sick.....:barf:disgusted....:dead:. But thanks for the lesson!:) I'll be sure to remember this!:D

jim102016
28-Dec-2007, 08:57 PM
Wow! and all this time I've been doing it the wrong way......I feel sick.....:barf:disgusted....:dead:. But thanks for the lesson!:) I'll be sure to remember this!:D

The "UK" method? It's not so far removed in America, it's quite common in the military. I still use it....................f*ck commas!

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2007, 10:48 PM
Not to offend, but Month/Day/Year is just retarded. Smallest-to-biggest - Day/Month/Year ... Americans eh? First they ditch England, then they go and change all the spellings of certain words like coloUr, then they go messin' with the date format...bastards! :lol::D:p

jim102016
29-Dec-2007, 03:26 AM
Not to offend, but Month/Day/Year is just retarded. Smallest-to-biggest - Day/Month/Year ... Americans eh? First they ditch England, then they go and change all the spellings of certain words like coloUr, then they go messin' with the date format...bastards! :lol::D:p

Funny, I've always marveled at how the language managed to stay intact dispite all the 'word tinkering' you guys did after we left the party many moons ago.

clanglee
29-Dec-2007, 06:02 AM

Awww, don't be upset just because we ruined your little empire. You still have India. . ummm . . .well you still have Africa. . . well. . . you still have your health, and that's what's important. ;)

Neil
29-Dec-2007, 08:39 AM
Let's get this back on topic please...

DjfunkmasterG
31-Dec-2007, 02:01 PM
So how about that topic.... any trailer yet?

Doc
31-Dec-2007, 03:24 PM
So how about that topic.... any trailer yet? Nope sadly.....maybe we'll get one in January.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Dec-2007, 03:38 PM
Well thats on 12.5 hours away as of 11:30am EST. So hmmmmmm.

"What a topic." :p

Doc
31-Dec-2007, 05:40 PM
By the way does anybody know how long this film is?

zombie linda
09-Jan-2008, 06:41 AM
I've read that "Diary of the dead" is actually to take place at the same time as "Night of the living dead", where as "Dawn" is weeks later, "Day" is months, and "Land " is years later. Wow. Where would "Diary 2" come in?? I love this stuff.

bassman
09-Jan-2008, 12:07 PM
I've read that "Diary of the dead" is actually to take place at the same time as "Night of the living dead", where as "Dawn" is weeks later, "Day" is months, and "Land " is years later. Wow. Where would "Diary 2" come in?? I love this stuff.

Welcome to last year.:p Just kidding.

But yeah....Diary is a different viewpoint of the outbreak and if he does make Diary 2, Romero has said that it would most likely pick up directly after the first.

clanglee
09-Jan-2008, 08:55 PM
Be nice Bass. ;)

Welcome Linda!!!