PDA

View Full Version : Rec

slickwilly13
02-Nov-2007, 06:28 PM
I just found out about this movie. Anyone heard of it? It has sparked my interest.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/review/1475

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 06:44 PM
I just found out about this movie. Anyone heard of it? It has sparked my interest.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/review/1475

For a second I thought this was that "P2" movie.:rolleyes:

Looks like it could be good, though. Then again, good horror films these days are few and far between...

AcesandEights
02-Nov-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds promising! Now I just have to find the sucker...

Yojimbo
03-Nov-2007, 01:37 AM
There was a post not too long ago that referred to this, but now after reading the review I am fiending to get my hands on this one. Did any of the z-head veteranos here get to view it yet? Interested to hear what people thought of it.

clanglee
03-Nov-2007, 02:02 AM
Cant get on Bloody from my work computer, but the review on IMDB makes it sound very promising indeed.

slickwilly13
03-Nov-2007, 03:03 PM
I had no clue what the movie was about when I 1st saw the title. Not sure if they are the undead or infected. Either way I must watch this.

Skippy911sc
03-Nov-2007, 04:06 PM
I read the review and sounds interesting...all but the Remake part...why!!!

I must admit there are a few remake I do enjoy...but most are $hit.

slickwilly13
04-Nov-2007, 03:21 PM
There is a trailer posted.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=1380

Fecunditatis
23-Nov-2007, 11:56 PM
I just saw it today. Terrific film. I'd say that these are zombies, more so than the infected in the "28 days/weeks" saga.
Strongly recommended.

clanglee
24-Nov-2007, 12:24 AM
Cool, and welcome.

duh

looks like they already have hollywood remake in the works for a film that hasn't even been released here yet. Sad Sad.

http://imdb.com/title/tt1082868/

Fecunditatis
24-Nov-2007, 01:14 PM
Who knows, in this particular case an American remake MIGHT not be a completely dreadful idea, if it's any good. One of the many reasons why the movie works so well is the reality of the characters: these are folks one can easily find in any Spanish neighborhood. If they manage to do the same over there... it could be a very effective film. That said, the actors should be unknowns: going for recognizable faces is a big mistake in my opinion and that's what I heard they have done.

DubiousComforts
24-Nov-2007, 02:34 PM
The thread about [REC] is located here (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=8696).

This movie looks great. That being said, the Hollywood remake will undoubtedly suck. This been done countless times, mostly with Japanese horror films, and the results have been consistently poor when compared to the originals, which cost a fraction of Hollywood budget. A cheeseball remake will also prevent the original from receiving a proper theatrical release in the USA.

Hollywood is simply afraid to show foreign people to American audiences. That's the real horror show in their minds.

slickwilly13
01-Dec-2007, 04:54 PM
Is this a movie about the undead or infected? I just read a bit about the remake and they are saying a "rare form of rabies". Maybe REC and the remake are a bit diffrent?

Fecunditatis
03-Dec-2007, 12:42 PM
The remake synopsis reads close enough to the original. Regarding the "rabies" thing... I think that you would probably enjoy the film better if you didn't even knew about its zombie-related concept. All the same, if you need to know it, in my opinion these are certainly zombies. Or at least they are a lot harder to kill than the 28 days/weeks infected.

slickwilly13
03-Dec-2007, 04:02 PM
It won't bother me at all. It just confused me a bit, because from my understanding the zombies of Rec are undead. But the ones of Quarantine are described as infected. There's a diffrence. I figured Hollywood changed it a bit to make it more original. An example would be The Thing. 50's vs 80's. One being a shapeshifter and the other a plant-like humanoid. Either way, I will watch both Rec and Quarantine with an open mind. If they are both diffrent, then all the better.

mista_mo
03-Dec-2007, 04:15 PM
-Looks like it could be good, though. Then again, good films these days are few and far between...-

fixed that for you bass

slickwilly13
10-Oct-2008, 04:51 AM
I just watched an English subtitled version of Rec. This movie kicked ass. I am glad I could read the what they were saying. It made the movie better. Great ending soundtrack, too. I will watch the remake very soon. I hope they changed this up, so it won't be the same movie.

DubiousComforts
10-Oct-2008, 01:07 PM
I will watch the remake very soon. I hope they changed this up, so it won't be the same movie.
The trailer for the US remake makes it look exactly the same as the original, and they even gave away the ending.

Bub666
10-Oct-2008, 01:19 PM
I want to watch Rec,But I can't find it any where.:(

Kaos
13-Oct-2008, 11:28 PM
Just a reminder that it is against forum rules to post links to copyrighted material.

Thanks guys! :)

slickwilly13
14-Oct-2008, 05:43 AM
If anyone wants to see something that i cannot post or mention. PM me.

Bub666
14-Oct-2008, 12:07 PM
Just a reminder that it is against forum rules to post links to copyrighted material.

Thanks guys! :)

Sorry.:D

Skippy911sc
14-Oct-2008, 02:09 PM
How about this...

When will this movie be available in the US?