PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Tripping Dead

Dawg
04-Nov-2007, 12:51 AM
Tried to get on here the other day, but the board and site had an Internal Server Error.

Anyway, this version of NOTLD '68 was on the G4 network on Halloween night and ran for a hour with commericals. What they did was redub it and tried to be funny, buy believe me... it was pretty f**king stupid.

I watched like 10 minutes of this crapfest before giving up on it. They not only made Barbara out to be a cross-dressing man or what-not, but they had the zombies talking! Cemetary zombie was talking like a comedian and I recall a really bad Jerry Seinfeld impression!)

Crap. Anyone else see it?

:dead:Dawg

MissJacksonCA
04-Nov-2007, 01:03 AM
I think i've seen a similar version. It wasn't on G4 it was on some random channel and it was NOTLD but with whacked out music and weird stuff. I was at someone elses house so I didn't have the remote and they changed it after about two minutes of intolerable stupidity on Barbaras behalf.

ProfessorChaos
04-Nov-2007, 02:52 AM
i watched it up until the cemetery zombie attacked, and then turned it off, because, like you dawg, i thought it was a stupid waste of time.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Nov-2007, 01:18 PM
Without the copyright I am afraid we will most likely be subjected to more spoofs of that film in the coming years.

aga
07-Nov-2007, 02:46 PM
How old is Night of the Dawn of the Bride of the.... This has been going on for a long time, and will of course continue :(

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 02:55 PM
I would love to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 do Night. They're the only ones that could make it funny.

This Tripping thing is dull....

aga
07-Nov-2007, 03:00 PM
Mike Nelson (from MST3K now Rifftrax) did a commentary on the Off Color films colourised version. They didn't license Night either.

clanglee
08-Nov-2007, 02:08 AM
There was something called "Mad Movies" i believe that I remember being pretty funny back in the day. It was dubbed over. But I was a kid when I saw it. probably not funny at all now.

DubiousComforts
08-Nov-2007, 05:44 AM
Mike Nelson (from MST3K now Rifftrax) did a commentary on the Off Color films colourised version. They didn't license Night either.
I can't stand MST3K, but even fans agree that Nelson's NOLD commentary sucks eggs. This review sums it up best: Film Freak Central (http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/nightofthelivingdead.htm)

Also, the Off-Color/Legend Films colorized version was released unlicensed by Fox, which demonstrates that Hollywood is the biggest bunch of hypocrites when it comes to supporting artists and eliminating "piracy."

How old is Night of the Dawn of the Bride of the....
That version was probably the first, produced during the home video era of the early 90s. I knew the person responsible and he actually called Romero to inform him of what he was doing only to be bitched out by GAR's wife! :D

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 12:05 PM
I can't stand MST3K

:eek:

Sir.....I'm afraid i'm going to have to kindly ask you to leave.

GET OUT!!!:mad:

:p

DubiousComforts
08-Nov-2007, 02:06 PM

Sorry. It's just that I don't need anyone's help in poking fun at bad movies. :D

But at least the Godzilla vs. Megalon episode was funny. ;)

BUTCHYPIE
09-Nov-2007, 04:03 PM
er... putting myself in danger of ridicule here, since I'm the only one saying so, but I actually liked Night of the Tripping Dead. I thought it was funny stoopid.

If you're interested, there's video here:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/groggle990/video

(Then again, I also liked Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D.)

Yojimbo
09-Nov-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm at work and couldn't watch the whole thing but what little I saw was actually amusing. That being said, maybe a whole movie of it becomes tiresome, but so far not that bad.

BrodietheSlayer
19-Nov-2007, 05:47 AM

GET OUT!!!:mad:

:p

I second that emotion. MST3K is all kinds of awesome.....especially in its prime.

Trin
15-Apr-2010, 06:47 PM
I would love to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 do Night. They're the only ones that could make it funny.
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd bump this one, since the above quote is very topical.

I watched the Night of the Living Dead RiffTrax version last night. As we all know, that's the MST3K guys doing commentary outside the MST3K name.

It appeared to be about the longest cut of Night I've seen, but it was the original Romero version. The film was black and white, grainy, and jittery.

The commentary was laugh out loud in places (Ben shaking Barbra - "I'm a black man in a horror movie - I might as well walk on down to the morgue") and meh in places. Typical MST3K.

In addition to the expected funny remarks, the guys also pointed out a few funny observations that made me scratch my head over the movie.

Like Ben telling Barbra, "I've got the place pretty well boarded up," with the obviously unboarded window visible over his shoulder, and the commentary, "Except it just feels like there's one place I just can't seem to put my finger on." Or the unending cricket noises in the background.

Or the fact that Ben and Barbra never introduce themselves ("you need to calm down, unnamed blond woman" - "yes, I'll do what you say, unnamed black man").

Overall it was worth a viewing.

Ben at the end waking up, gun in hand... "Time to put another round into the bald white guy."

C5NOTLD
15-Apr-2010, 08:31 PM
Crap. Anyone else see it?

:

I always ignore those. If I want to watch Night Of The Living Dead, I want to spend my time watching the original not people redubbing thinking they are funny.

wayzim
16-Apr-2010, 01:27 AM
There was something called "Mad Movies" i believe that I remember being pretty funny back in the day. It was dubbed over. But I was a kid when I saw it. probably not funny at all now.

Jez, Clang, you be old mon.

Cereally tho, I was gonna mention that one, which I remembered as hilarious. Probably because it was only on for a half hour. I thought it was a show from the 70s, but imdb says 1985.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199240/

The Living Dead parody had to do with a house party gone wrong but all I recall from memory is that Barbara kept going on about how "They forgot the potato salad. "

Still, great call there.

Wayne Z
"Party! Party ! "

clanglee
27-May-2010, 01:21 AM
Jez, Clang, you be old mon.

Cereally tho, I was gonna mention that one, which I remembered as hilarious. Probably because it was only on for a half hour. I thought it was a show from the 70s, but imdb says 1985.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199240/

The Living Dead parody had to do with a house party gone wrong but all I recall from memory is that Barbara kept going on about how "They forgot the potato salad. "

Still, great call there.
"

Yeah, I seem to remember that it was suppused to be a surprise party. What I remember about it is everytime a zombie would make an appearance he would say "surprise!" in a very dull voice. By the end of the movie when the zombies break into the house they were all moaning "surprise!"

And how's this for old. . . . .for some reason I seem to relate it to Turkey TV (an early Nickelodean show that featured comedy scetches and whatnot and standup routines. . . god I loved that show) I don't think it was actually ON TTV. . . but it may have shown around the same time or on the same channel or something. I dunno.

JonOfTheShred
29-May-2010, 06:42 AM
MST3K is awesome, and so is Riff Trax.

Really want to see the dubbing of Night mentioned earlier with the overuse of "Surprise." I can picture that, all the zombies moaning surprise, sounds hilarious.

And how's this for old. . . . .for some reason I seem to relate it to Turkey TV (an early Nickelodean show that featured comedy scetches and whatnot and standup routines. . . god I loved that show) I don't think it was actually ON TTV. . . but it may have shown around the same time or on the same channel or something. I dunno.

Early Nickelodeon show with comedy sketches and standup...you mean All That?

clanglee
01-Jun-2010, 10:52 PM
Early Nickelodeon show with comedy sketches and standup...you mean All That?

No, I mean Turkey TV. . . it might have been Comedy Central. . . .maybe it was. . . one sec. . . .nope it was Nickelodeon. . . http://www.johnnorrisbrown.com/classic-nick/turkeytv/index.htm