PDA

View Full Version : ...now 'Death Wish'...

Neil
05-Nov-2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stallone-Remakes-Death-Wish-6846.html

MinionZombie
05-Nov-2007, 09:12 AM
Ugh, laaaaaaame. :rolleyes:

Dump that, and gimme a Demolition Man sequel, like the man said!

Danny
05-Nov-2007, 10:42 AM
he thinks someone can replace bronson as a vigiliante on a revenge mission?:rolleyes:

DubiousComforts
07-Nov-2007, 07:15 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stallone-Remakes-Death-Wish-6846.html

Sly is a little late to the party. Death Wish was already remade this year, except it was called The Brave One and the main character was female (played by Jodie Foster).

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 04:20 PM
Once again proving my theory that Stallone is washed up and slowly sliding into Paul W.S. Anderson and Zack Snyder territory...

MinionZombie
07-Nov-2007, 04:34 PM
Washed up? Rocky Balboa was friggin' awesome. Rambo IV looks friggin' awesome too.

I wouldn't write him off yet, the chap did own up to having a rough late 90's/early 00's period and said that most of those films in that period he did were pish.

It's interesting to see the guy, now clocking into old timer territory, dealing with his age through his writing and directing, going back to his key characters.

The Death Wish thing just sounds iffy, and with those T3 writing numpties doing the script, sounds more like a directing gig for cash rather than anything else.

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 04:41 PM
He's going back to his key characters because he has no new ideas. Granted, I haven't seen the new Rocky, but i've heard it's nothing but a rehash of the original with the old age obsticle thrown in.

To me, he was washed up in the nineties and now he's desperately trying to keep his head above water. And I think the new "Rambo":rolleyes: looks just as cheap as the other two sequels. "First Blood" is the only one that counts in my book.

AcesandEights
07-Nov-2007, 04:55 PM
Weak. Now I'm getting worried that more movies I care about might actually get the remake put upon them.

If I see some article about Ashton Kuthcer starring in the new Big Trouble in Little China I may lose it :|

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=AcesandEights;118925

If I see some article about Ashton Kuthcer starring in the new Big Trouble in Little China I may lose it :|[/QUOTE]

*cocks pistol and points to temple*....

MinionZombie
07-Nov-2007, 09:12 PM
Well you should really watch Rocky Balboa rather than go on what someone else said.

And if they complain about "rehash" story, dude, all the Rocky movies follow the same basic story structure, but the point is they're all different chapters in the character's life - Rocky Balboa is just that, the next (and for us, final) chapter in Balboa's life.

It's touching, heart-felt, and goes back to the vibe of the original movie ... just in the 2000's, rather than the 1970's.

And Rambo 4 looks way better than 2 or 3 even from the trailer.

MinionZombie
07-Nov-2007, 09:14 PM
Well you should really watch Rocky Balboa rather than go on what someone else said.

And if they complain about "rehash" story, dude, all the Rocky movies follow the same basic story structure, but the point is they're all different chapters in the character's life - Rocky Balboa is just that, the next (and for us, final) chapter in Balboa's life.

It's touching, heart-felt, and goes back to the vibe of the original movie ... just in the 2000's, rather than the 1970's.

And Rambo 4 looks way better than 2 or 3 even from the trailer.

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 09:34 PM
rockys a movie about a boxer.... how can you expect something different?

"in rocky 4 adrian comes back from the dead as shes a precursor to the cylon invasion"

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 06:56 PM
rockys a movie about a boxer.... how can you expect something different?

"in rocky 4 adrian comes back from the dead as shes a precursor to the cylon invasion"

:lol:
There can always be something different. No need in repeating the same film 5 times...

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 10:20 PM
:lol:
There can always be something different. No need in repeating the same film 5 times...
Structurally similar, thematically different...all progression, new chapters in life and so on.

Also, 1 and 2 are very different from 3 and 4, and then 5 is kinda out there on it's own, and 6 is kinda on it's own, but sort back to 1 and 2 as well.

_liam_
19-Nov-2007, 05:28 PM
Nothing will ever touch Death Wish 3, that film rules so much it's painful

capncnut
20-Nov-2007, 04:29 AM
Nothing will ever touch Death Wish 3, that film rules so much it's painful
That's my favourite too, man.