PDA

View Full Version : God of War: Chains of Olympus

slickwilly13
05-Nov-2007, 06:40 PM
I just received the demo for the psp God of War game. I also received a pendant of the omega symbol. I believe this is a prequel to the 1st game in which he is serving the gods for the 1st time. I'm going to pop the cherry on it as soon as I charge my psp. Then I'll give my 2 cents.

Danny
05-Nov-2007, 07:08 PM
wered you get a demo from?

slickwilly13
05-Nov-2007, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately, the demo won't be released to most people. Maybe later on it will. As for now, you have to be a member of the G.A.P. for Sony. Then they would send you an e-mail offering you a chance to demo it if you choose to. I signed up for the demo I believe back in August. And I am just now getting it. They did send me some info on the game, screen shots, character deisgns, music scores, and I was invited to a live chat online with the creators, I think. But I didn't go to it.

Danny
05-Nov-2007, 08:08 PM
G.A.P?:rockbrow:

slickwilly13
05-Nov-2007, 10:00 PM
Gamer Advisory Panel

Playstation's homepage has a section called Playstation Underground. I am not sure if other countries have it or not, but we have it here. It pretty much lets us know when there is a firmware update for the PSP or PS3, news about games, forums, demos, etc. You become a member when you regester your consoles or handheld. I became a member back in 1998 when I bought my PS1. And I have updated my account with them since then. Adding games and my other two consoles & handheld. Filling out questionaires. Then one day this year, Sony invited to join the G.A.P. and I accepted.

Members only can join by invitation from Sony only. And we get first access on gaming news, beta testing games before they come out, offered demos that others don't get, entered into exclusive conests, private forums, live chats with developers, etc.

*update*

Wow, I cannot believe this is a PSP game. They probably pushed to it limitations. While not as sharp as the PS2 versions, but still impressive. The developers spent a lot of time polishing the backgrounds. Like the other two games, there are stuff happening from afar. Like the other two demos of GOW it is short and ends at the stage boss. :( Too bad it is coming out in March.

Contols

It controls like any other version. Camera angles are the same. While PSP has less buttons than a PS2 contoller it is well adjusted for the handheld. It feels like you are playing GOW. The analog stick does take a little getting used to.

Sound

With headphones on it sounds superb. Enough said.

Story

Not much is known at this point. Kratos is serving the Gods for the first time. This is a prequel to the first game, I believe. The games starts out with the Persians attacking a city and Kratos must put a stop to it.

Graphics

Eye candy! I still cannot believe this is a PSP game. Amazing detail. No slow down even with everything going on up close and in the background at the same time. The main stage boss is amazing. The cut scenes look great. A lot of enemies to fight on the screen.

Overall

This will be one of the games of the year and most likely PSP game of 2008. If you have a PSP then check this game out in March. I cannot wait to see GOW3 on PS3. You know its going to happen. :cool:

Danny
06-Nov-2007, 04:25 PM
ive not played the first 2 game syet but ive heard nothing but good things, adn people are gushing over this one too.
to get a copy of the demo it says youve jsut got to be registered n playstation underground, but thats a u.s and canada only forum.

-and yknow what should be ported to the PSP?, ico, that would sell loads.
though my psp doughs going on silent hill origins this firday, you after that one slick?

slickwilly13
06-Nov-2007, 04:37 PM
Probably not. I never was a fan of Silient Hill. And never gave it a 2nd chance after the first game. I sure the sequels are better.

Danny
06-Nov-2007, 04:43 PM
:eek:........

......-PLAY SILENT HILL 2!!:lol:

slickwilly13
06-Nov-2007, 04:49 PM
I might check it out one day. Check out GOW series. They are a bit short in length, so rent them. Or buy them cheap.

Skippy911sc
06-Nov-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey I got the same demo and key chain whatever also...I think I sighed up ;ast year sometime and forgot about it...I will have to check it out also!!!

:D

slickwilly13
06-Nov-2007, 06:38 PM
The one thing I hate about any demo of the GOW series is the fact that when you get to the final showdown with the stage boss it ends. On all three demos it is the same sh!t. *L* Since PSP rentals are hard to come by and I am currently boycotting Blockbuster Video, I will have to buy this game. But for a PSP game it is worth it. PSP is lacking good titles and it needed this game.

Danny
06-Nov-2007, 11:09 PM
check ebay, on either side of the pond you can get em for a few quid or bucks unopened, im after the silent hill experience, i cann'e find that anyware.