PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Officially Wins September

darth los
06-Nov-2007, 09:46 PM
The official NPD numbers are in for September, and the Xbox 360 swept, even beating out the Nintendo Wii for that month.

We think it has something to do with Halo 3.

Here are the hard Numbers, from industry analysts at the NPD Group:

Hardware

Xbox 360: 527,800
Wii: 501,000
Nintendo DS: 495,800
PlayStation Portable: 284,500
PlayStation 2: 215,000
Playstation 3: 119,400
Game Boy Advance: 75,000

Console/Handheld Software Top Ten Unit Sales

Halo 3*
Microsoft
Xbox 360

Wii Play w/Remote
Nintendo
Wii

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Nintendo
DS

Madden NFL 08
Electronic Arts
PS2

Skate
Electronic Arts
Xbox 360

Madden NFL 08
Electronic Arts
Xbox 360

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Nintendo
Wii

BioShock
Take-Two Interactive
Xbox 360

Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Nintendo
Wii

Heavenly Sword
Sony Computer Entertainment
Playstation 3

(*Includes Collector's & Legendary Editions)

PC Software Top 5 Unit Sales

The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion Pack
Electronic Arts

World Of Warcraft*
Vivendi

World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
Vivendi

World In Conflict
Vivendi

Bioshock
Take-Two Interactive

So let me get this straight. The only "console" the ps3 was able to outsell was the freakin' gameboy advance !! :stunned: It just keeps looking more and more pathetic and hopeless for the ps3 all the time. :lol:

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/11/06/monday-morning-quarterback-for-september-2007.aspx

CoinReturn
06-Nov-2007, 10:09 PM
Halo 3 sold 3,300,000 copies in 5 days. Thats extremely impressive.

Danny
06-Nov-2007, 11:10 PM
im very 'meh' about these "monthly bragging rights" that companys do nowadays, who really cares?, is it going to sway anyone out of a future purchase?

CoinReturn
06-Nov-2007, 11:24 PM
I take it as a nice indicator of where the industry is going, and to see how well my favorite games sold. Fanboys skew them as bragging rights, unfortunately.

acealive1
06-Nov-2007, 11:52 PM
im very 'meh' about these "monthly bragging rights" that companys do nowadays, who really cares?, is it going to sway anyone out of a future purchase?

:lol::lol: exactly. the 360 is still accident prone. i wonder if they count replacement systems as sales :lol::lol:

darth los
06-Nov-2007, 11:57 PM
:lol::lol: exactly. the 360 is still accident prone. i wonder if they count replacement systems as sales :lol::lol:

Holy ****e !! :stunned: I never even thought of that. With all the accounting/statistical tricks these corporations employ i wouldn't put it past em'.

DubiousComforts
07-Nov-2007, 02:12 AM
Halo 3 sold 3,300,000 copies in 5 days. Thats extremely impressive.
That can't be right. I was told that online piracy had all but wiped out video game, software, CD and DVD sales. :p

DeadJonas190
07-Nov-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah, but if you figure in the Japanese sales, the 360 didn't win September... I contributed to those numbers though, I got my 360 a couple days after Halo 3, however, I bought Halo 3 used 3 days after it came out. Some guy traded it in because he didn't like it, but he hadn't tried the online play.

Still, those PS3 numbers crack me up. It always reminds me of how Sony claimed that they could sell "5 million consoles without any software" in the first 2 months or something like that.

Hehe, they have hardly sold more than 5 million consoles in nearly a year.

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 04:17 AM
ps2 is outselling the ps3....and the new 40gb ps3 isn't backwards compatible.

the fat lady is singing for sony.:lol: serves 'em right.

i got my 360 in november, and the first three stores i tried to get halo 3 at last night were all sold out. wonder how sales are gonna turn out this holiday season...should be close between 360 and wii, but i'm predicting a 360 victory.

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 12:25 PM
Can't say that I'm surprised with Halo 3 being released and all....

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 04:31 PM
ps2 is outselling the ps3....and the new 40gb ps3 isn't backwards compatible.

well thats cus the ps2 is the ****.;)

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 10:21 PM
^^

i concur, sir...i'll keep my ps2 around, but it's gonna be a cold day in hell before i'd flop down $400 for a ps3 that won't play any of my ps1 or ps2 games.

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 10:23 PM
i know thats HUNDREDS of good games that you jsut cant play anymore if you traded your ps2 in towards a ps3, adn with stuff like final fantasy 12 and obscure 2 as prime examples, recent ps2 games are still really good and still current gen gameing.

CornishCorpse
08-Nov-2007, 08:45 AM
First of all my ps3 cost me 280 with a game and so far out of the 15 ps2 games Ive got I have yet to found one that wont play but Im sure there will be some. The games range from Capcom vs Snk and the thing..oh and x-men mutant academy on the ps1 upto san andreas and timesplitters future perfect.

How come you cant play obscure 2 of ff12 on the ps3? Is it just some consoles or all? So far I havent found anything like that but : shrug : and Congrats to the xboxers. The stats show that the 360 is beating all else and unsurpisingly the ps3 is at the back of the race.

Personally I cant say I care..The console was reasonably priced, its easy and I love being able to play all my old games and battle em up online plus the store and trailers n shizzle ( also looks like they screwed up the hitman movie ). Bit miffed about not being able to use my old controllers though but the converter cable is only £5

Danny
08-Nov-2007, 08:53 PM
its the newer ps3 models, the 40 gig ones i believe that have no backwards compatibility. the older modles are fine with that though.

darth los
08-Nov-2007, 09:10 PM
The ps3's two main failures have been the ludacris $600 dollarr price point(and the arrogance that people would buy them just because they were sony) and the uutter lack of any blockbuster exclusives with a couple of exceptions. They've tinkered with the price but their game lineup is not knocking anybody's socks off. The 360 on the other hand has top of the line franchises like halo, gears of war and mass effect. There's really nothing more to say. That's the difference right there.

CornishCorpse
08-Nov-2007, 09:37 PM
Mines 60Gig and has backwards compatibility but Ill stop with the ps3 fanboyism its all everyone seems to hate the ps3 and love the 360 and I always feel in every argument both sides should be represented.

Not saying that the 360 isnt a great console but I say give it time since both consoles are still getting improvments ans so on.

Darth youre right with the ps3 exclusives only ones I can think of off the top of my head are haze and gta4? and devil may cry o course and final fantasy games : Shrug : I agree sir. Sony needs a kick in the ass if they want to stay in the game.

darth los
08-Nov-2007, 11:39 PM
The only ps3 game that there seems to be a consensus that's any good is resistance fall of man. Any others are debatable imo.

I think that gta 4 will be on the 360 as well.

capncnut
08-Nov-2007, 11:58 PM
Yup, GTA IV will be on the PS3 and the 360 simultaneously, in fact the 360 version has exclusive downloadable content that wont be available to the PS3.

Oh and Devil May Cry is on the 360 too.

DeadJonas190
09-Nov-2007, 06:40 AM
Mines 60Gig and has backwards compatibility but Ill stop with the ps3 fanboyism its all everyone seems to hate the ps3 and love the 360 and I always feel in every argument both sides should be represented.

Not saying that the 360 isnt a great console but I say give it time since both consoles are still getting improvments ans so on.

Darth youre right with the ps3 exclusives only ones I can think of off the top of my head are haze and gta4? and devil may cry o course and final fantasy games : Shrug : I agree sir. Sony needs a kick in the ass if they want to stay in the game.

The 60gb model here in the USA is fully backwards compatable as it has the emotion engine built in, but in Europe they used software instead of hardware on all PS3's to make them backwards compatable so they are not at 100% backwards compatability. THe 80gb model was relased without the emotion engine at all so it is basically the European model with a larger hard drive. Now there is a 40gb model that is not backwards compatable at all, has 2 less USB ports and is basically a way for $ony to try to gain some sales.

GTA 4 is on both systems and was delayed because it was not ready for PS3 yet and Rockstar has a contract that states it has to be released on both platforms at the same time, it also has exclusive downloadable content that is only available to 360 owners only. The Devil May Cry series is also going to be on Xbox 360 so that is another exclusive lost to PS3... they also lost the Ace Combat series, the Katamari Damacy series and quite a few other series as exclusives. All in all Sony is really hurting.

Haze, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 are just about the only big names Sony still has as far as exclusives go... and Haze may not be as good as it looks.

I'll admit, the PS3 is capable of a lot of things, but it's too bad Sony became such jackholes and lost tons of customers due to defective products and bad customer service. There is a reason the PS2 is the top selling console of all time, most people had to buy 2 or 3 of them because they kept breaking.

capncnut
09-Nov-2007, 11:35 AM
Haze, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 are just about the only big names Sony still has as far as exclusives go... and Haze may not be as good as it looks.
Even Metal Gear Solid 4 don't look safe for Sony 'cos Kojima has already hinted that a 360 port is on the cards. That leaves FF and Gran Turismo as Sony exclusives and most intelligent people wont buy a console for just two games alone.

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 02:09 PM
and technically ,just to sick burn sony, haze was multiconsole till the 360 higher ups said a game that used drugs usage as in integral part was not the message they want to send.
im just sayin'

CornishCorpse
12-Nov-2007, 11:10 AM
Yup Sony is hurting but Im not particularely looking for a console in terms of exclusives indeed the 360 has em all and Sony is loosing out. I have the choice of the two since I have the ps3 and my 360 is being repaired and Im thinking which one to get rid and which one to keep..I do love my ps3 and its free online and how smoothly it runs and all that sorta stuff but the 360 has its own pros and cons the main two that are in my face are the failure rate and the online feature.

I still have yet to enjoy halo 3 but heard good reports so Im gonna rent a copy when I get the 360 back and see if it sways me into getting my cash back for the ps3. It looks like a better version of halo 2 and Ive heard it is a big let down from some people but then again Ive had plenty of friends calling their 360`s bukkake box`s because of it.

Im off to uni soon and Id like to be able to game online and just get hooked up to the wireless without having to make sure I can pay for live although it is still 45 a year for xbox live? : chin stroke : Sony is infamous for its crappy support but it seems I have very good luck with no broken ps`s so far in my life and a broken 360 but it was near the release so flaws to be expected. So theres new flaws on the 360 with the green ring hells said? Nevermind guess it all comes down to luck since my 360 might come back and work like perfect or it might be sent off the day after. My ps3 may run for five more years or melt next month but bah, I hope IM not in that 1% failure rate.

darth los
14-Nov-2007, 07:05 PM
There is a reason the PS2 is the top selling console of all time, most people had to buy 2 or 3 of them because they kept breaking.

You know i never thought about it like that before. I'd like to see the statististics on how many replacement consoles account for that 120 million + sold figure.