PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld

DeadJonas190
07-Nov-2007, 03:56 AM
Do you guys like that show? I am watching a Best Of episode and realized how much I used to love that show. So many laughs from a show "about nothing."

AcesandEights
07-Nov-2007, 04:10 AM
I absolutely love it! A lot of stars aligned for the cast and overall demeanor of the show. I know some people won't get it and some will hate it because it's popular, but...**** em' ;)

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 04:24 AM
my gf is a huge fan of seinfeld...anytime it's on, she'll watch it. i think it's pretty good, and find myself laughing at something in every episode i watch.

can't really stand george or elaine...they're good for plot and funny stories, but they are both just so self-absorbed and rude.

still a good show, in my book.:)

MissJacksonCA
07-Nov-2007, 04:43 AM
Aw man we've covered it so many times but heck some shows are so great the threads bear repeating! I love Seinfeld... most everyone I know hates it but I love it. I could pretty much watch reruns for the rest of my life and be eternally satisfied. I think the reason why it resonates so loudly to me is because that show covers thing that occur in everyday life that no one typically talks about aloud and its kinda neat to know hey... i'm not the only one that feels THAT way. Additionally the writers of the show were thematically genious when they wrote certain scripts that were paralells of hot button issues of the times. For instance... they did a show about abortion... Elaine refused to date a man who wasn't pro-choice (which was refreshing to hear as I think the same way) and during the same episode Cosmo was with Poppy making pizzas and they correlated it to abortion in that they were stipulating its not a pizza til its in the oven ie... at what point is a baby a baby... blah blah...

I love the show the worst part literally was the end... the last two episodes as part of their series finale was horribly awful... damn shame...

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 02:54 PM
I like Seinfeld. To me, it's like Friends. Sometimes it's good for a laugh so I wouldn't pay money for it, but i'll watch it if its on.

I do love me some Kramer, though...
http://www.contramovies.com/gifs/kramer_screaming.gif

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 04:39 PM
nah, ive allways preffered stuff like the trailer park boys and spaced, or to draw a closer similarity, cheers.

Terran
07-Nov-2007, 05:51 PM
I like Seinfeld. To me, it's like Friends. Sometimes it's good for a laugh so I wouldn't pay money for it, but i'll watch it if its on.

Friends ?!!?
:barf:
:dead:

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 05:52 PM
Friends isn't all that bad. It can at least make me laugh one time in any given episode...

MikePizzoff
07-Nov-2007, 06:04 PM
Seinfeld is great but I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's my all-time favorite show. I've seen every single episode and own the book.

Speaking of Curb, only one more episode left this season, and possibly ever. :(

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 07:02 PM
Seinfeld is great but I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's my all-time favorite show. I've seen every single episode and own the book.

Speaking of Curb, only one more episode left this season, and possibly ever. :(

I've heard so much about this show, yet i've never seen it on tv...

AcesandEights
07-Nov-2007, 07:40 PM

Same here, with regards to Curb Your Enthusiasm. If it's really good, I'll get to it eventually :)

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 09:35 PM
i cannot watch curb' its that "awquard" humour like tim and only amped way up, its just worse than a slience between cahracters in the office.
sometimes theres too much cringe material for one show.

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 10:16 PM
nah, ive allways preffered stuff like the trailer park boys and spaced, or to draw a closer similarity, cheers.

cheers was such a great show....

"sometimes you wanna go/where everybody knows your naaaaame/and they're always glad ya caaaame

you wanna be where people see/that troubles are all the same..."

what a killer tune.

do they even show that on any stations anymore? don't really feel like going out and buying any seasons or anything...:|

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 10:22 PM
they still show it on channel 4 (the basic weve got over here is 5 cahnnels, bbc1, bbc2 , itv ,channel 4 and 'five') around noon on weekdays.

Mutineer
07-Nov-2007, 11:21 PM
One of the greatest sitcoms ever.

If you don't like it; you have no sense of humor.

capncnut
07-Nov-2007, 11:34 PM
Seinfeld's passable I guess but that constant bass twiddle gets on my friggin' nerves.

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 11:47 PM
err yeah, cant friggin stand that "bad-upba-do-do-do":dead:

DeadJonas190
08-Nov-2007, 05:40 AM
Seinfeld's passable I guess but that constant bass twiddle gets on my friggin' nerves.

I have to agree on the base line. It is annoying, but I still love that show.

If any of you remember the episode where Jerry was itching his nose in his car and the lady next to him thought he was picking his nose... I think of that every time I scratch my nose in my car so I always make sure to use my whole hand to scratch it so that people dont think I am picking my nose lol.

As for Cheers... that is one of my all time favorite shows. I used to watch reruns of that constantly and it always made me laugh. I also loved Night Court.

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 12:07 PM

I can understand that the theme gets repetitive, but I love the sound of some good ol fashioned slap.:D

MikePizzoff
08-Nov-2007, 12:44 PM
Same here, with regards to Curb Your Enthusiasm. If it's really good, I'll get to it eventually :)

If you guys don't get HBO then you'll never see it. It has too many crude moments, a good amount of profanity, and isn't very "accessible"... so there's no way a basic cable company would ever air it.

It has a HUGE following and there's a damn good reason for it.

Imagine Seinfeld, only pushing the limits and far more adult oriented. After all, Larry David IS the creator of Seinfeld.

capncnut
08-Nov-2007, 08:17 PM
As for Cheers... that is one of my all time favorite shows. I used to watch reruns of that constantly and it always made me laugh.
Cheers is the biggety, Frasier kicks ass too.