PDA

View Full Version : Longer trailer from Diary ;)

DaNess
08-Nov-2007, 08:51 AM
Awesome short trailer more longer, enjoy ;)

lkjjoIXWifo

clanglee
08-Nov-2007, 09:25 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The headshot through the headshot!!!!!! I can't freakin' wait!!!:D

Chakobsa
08-Nov-2007, 09:50 AM
This is just looking better all the time. Can't wait.:D

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 09:54 AM
Ah mate that looks tasty! :)

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2007, 10:54 AM
How about a non YOu Tube version for those of us who can't see you tube at work.

SymphonicX
08-Nov-2007, 11:33 AM
oh my god it looks budget.

I am getting VERY worried about this now.

Neil
08-Nov-2007, 11:36 AM
The B&W footage from the beginning? Why is that there? Why not show some 'real' Night footage?

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 11:56 AM
The B&W footage from the beginning? Why is that there? Why not show some 'real' Night footage?
I know! Show the proper film, not the pish 30th version. :rolleyes:

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow. This is the first time I've seen real footage from Diary and damn am I loving the first person style. Can not wait...

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow. This is the first time I've seen real footage from Diary and damn am I loving the first person style. Can not wait...
It looks like something a little bit new from GAR, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing his version of 'sh*t kicking off and hitting fans'.

SymphonicX
08-Nov-2007, 01:10 PM
I am so not impressed with how the footage looks....like some really crap re-enactment in a third rate documentary....still I reserve my opinion for the finished product which I'm apprehensive, but still excited, about.

Ivarr
08-Nov-2007, 02:20 PM
I am so pumped to see this movie ....

When it comes out I am going to get as many friends/etc as I can and get them all done up and looking dead and f$cked up to go see the movie ...

Never hurts to get some good press.

I do zombie make-up really good :)

Its impressive what some liquid latex, 1 ply toilet paper(makes good torn skin), some rigid colodian fluid and a little make-up will do.

And never forget blood gel :) it stays wet ... even in milk! :)

LOL

AcesandEights
08-Nov-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the share. I didn't watch the whole thing, especially since I can't understand Spanish and have little desire for major spoilers.

sirjacktorrance
08-Nov-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the share. I didn't watch the whole thing, especially since I can't understand Spanish and have little desire for major spoilers.

this is not a trailer .theres two almost full clips/escenes from the movie.i recomend you not watch it!!

Skippy911sc
08-Nov-2007, 08:20 PM
Nice find!

I think the new movie, from what little I saw there, looked good. Back to the roots perhaps... I hope this is better than Land...sorry you Land Lovers ;)

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2007, 10:05 PM
I finally got to watch the video. So far from what i see it looks to be a good flick, but clips from Land were deceiving too, but for some reason I have a good feeling about this one.

livingdeadboy
09-Nov-2007, 12:02 AM
Being one of the people that saw the movie, I don't think those were the best clips to show...those two scenes are far more effective when put into the context of the story. Here it came off as a little too cheese ball.

Legion2213
09-Nov-2007, 03:07 PM
First clip I've seen of this movie - Not bad, not bad at all IMO.

Fingers crossed that it's better than "Land", that way, those of us who were let down by Land can just accept that GAR made one bad zombie movie and a whole stack of really good zombie movies.

sirjacktorrance
09-Nov-2007, 06:55 PM
First clip I've seen of this movie - Not bad, not bad at all IMO.

Fingers crossed that it's better than "Land", that way, those of us who were let down by Land can just accept that GAR made one bad zombie movie and a whole stack of really good zombie movies.

itīs not better than land.itīs different.i love land and ,yeah it has problems but itīs a very solid piece of cinema.this movie is cool,very fresh and entertaining,but itīs more the pilote episode for a big budget tv series like "lost"or "heroes"(but obviously,better),but the movie itīs not a classic or a masterpiece.itīs a very good apendix to the official saga.i would love see more of this.

Trin
09-Nov-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't have the slightest idea what to think about this movie. I'm tentatively optimistic.

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 07:48 PM
^ i agree ,on one hand the scene with the paramedics looks great, but the "headshot through a headshot" and 'doom' fps bits look a bit too sci-fi origional. so im on the ropes, on one hand im expecting a great return to form ala clerks 2, but on the other im epxecting dean kain to appear as an army seargent or something. ill just wait and see i mean its not like im not going to see it.

Minerva_Zombi
09-Nov-2007, 07:55 PM
it looks direct to video to me. the acting was... well... terrible. it looks like a youtube video some kids shot. im very worried about this.

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 07:58 PM
im noticing that the younger members on here are the ones who, on the whole, arent too excited about this.

ProfessorChaos
09-Nov-2007, 08:03 PM

gotta agree with ya there, man. i totally loathed that film (night 30th or whatever) and only watched it once.

that particular scene they showed was the only scene that i enjoyed out of all the new footage, so at least they picked the tastiest peanut in the turd.:lol:

Doc
09-Nov-2007, 10:06 PM
im noticing that the younger members on here are the ones who, on the whole, aren't too excited about this. Well, I admit that applies to me. I just don't feel of excitement when it comes to Diary. I had it when I was going to see Dawn, Day, and Land ,but I just don't feel it now....
Maybe it's because we haven't gotten a trailer yet.

MinionZombie
09-Nov-2007, 10:11 PM
Well I'm a 23 year old young pup and I'm proper excited about it.

Also, what do people expect it too "look" like, it's supposed to be filmed by film students in this day and age, how many film students shoot on film these days? Come on - it's gonna be digital, and therefore it's going to have the digital look.

So quit being picky about that aspect people, you should have been expecting that from the very beginning when GAR said about the whole 'blair witch' ish thing going on.

Also, bitching about such a short amount of out-of-context footage?

People are getting crazy up in here, give the old, loyal dog a break.

clanglee
10-Nov-2007, 02:34 AM
For once Minion, we agree. I am excited as hell about this one. Back to the beginning and all. I didn't think it looked sci-fi original at all. I'm not expecting it to be a turd just because I didn't like Land. I have faith, and will probably always have faith in old George.

Minerva_Zombi
10-Nov-2007, 03:45 AM
did we watch the same thing? that footage of the zombies attacking the paramedics was sooo bad. the acting was... beyond crap.

clanglee
10-Nov-2007, 03:53 AM
:lol: the acting has never been wonderful in GAR movies. Who cares? I'm still looking foward to it. Miss it if you like, you won't. No one here will.

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2007, 11:06 AM
Complaining about the zombie acting from two disembodied preview clips on YouTube? :rockbrow:

What about Nurse Zombie? :sneaky:

Zombies aren't exactly Robert DeNiro's in the first place, they're blank automatons...for the most part anyway, or early on until they start figuring themselves out a bit more.

*goes and gives Bub a big cuddle* :D

Doc
10-Nov-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes she was terrible ,but that doesn't explain to me how she become my favorite zed in Dawn :shifty:

*goes and gives Bub a big cuddle*

Can I join/ :D

sirjacktorrance
10-Nov-2007, 05:41 PM
the zombie acting itīs not great ,but not bad.itīs very very roemresque.the movie feels like a indie little picture,but not like a sifi original at all!!

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2007, 05:52 PM
Can I join

*group hug for Bub!* :)

Minerva_Zombi
10-Nov-2007, 06:10 PM

well, i would think that after 30 years, people would kind of get the idea of how zombies should walk and act. i mean jesus, that bald zombie that gets karate kicked in the face by the kung-fu paramedic... i mean jesus christ. land wasn't romero's best but, from what i've seen t may be a masterpiece compared to this disaster.

Legion2213
10-Nov-2007, 07:01 PM
Slightly OT, but my fave ever zombie is "fat tanktop guy" from Dawn, the fact that he somehow manges to be in every scene with his "whacked out wtf look" on his face is pure class...Nurse zombie is also very cool. :)

Yojimbo
10-Nov-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah! It turned me into a newt.

kidgloves
10-Nov-2007, 10:03 PM
I am very hopefull for this movie but i'd wish they would give us some sort of trailer rather than the 2 short scenes available. The acting does look terrible from what i've seen especially the scene in the dark house (?) before the headshot through the headshot. When that SWAT (?) guy gets bitten, his partner just stands there looking at him waiting for his cue to start acting. A similar thing happens with the paramedics scene. **BIG SIGH ** Oh well. Its a zombie movie i suppose :(

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2007, 10:44 PM
"whacked out wtf look"

:lol:

Noiiice.

jim102016
11-Nov-2007, 09:59 AM
How did the remake of Day' get in there with GAR? He had nothing to do with that disaster!

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2007, 10:40 AM
Well they mentioned Yawn04 as well, no doubt to pimp GAR to idiots who have no idea who he is.

What's more dim is that they showed footage from the 30th anniversary edition of Night, all that new footage that they shot 3 decades later, stuff which GAR wasn't involved with.

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Nov-2007, 01:09 PM

Maybe something about the legal rights for the original NOTLD as discussed in the beginning of the directors commentary from the LOTD DVD?

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2007, 05:27 PM
Maybe something about the legal rights for the original NOTLD as discussed in the beginning of the directors commentary from the LOTD DVD?
Odd surely, because for the trailer for LOTD they could only acquire footage from Night because it had no copyright, the version with Dawn and Day in it too had to be shafted due to copyrights, so it was all Night footage, and then bam - Land of the Dead.

So that seems kinda odd surely?

I've heard that commentary, but can't really remember it, what did he say about Night and copyright?

13-Nov-2007, 05:11 AM
for reasons we can all comprehend I've always refused to watch NOTLD30th. Never even seen a frame until this youtube video. I must say, it doesn't look half bad. Have i been just too stubborn and idealistic for almost 10 years?

is there any redeeming quality to NOTLD30th?

Trin
13-Nov-2007, 09:14 PM
Was that the commando Barbara version or the one with the weird extra scenes shoe-horned into the otherwise great movie version?

edit - doesn't matter, they both sucked.

clanglee
13-Nov-2007, 10:36 PM
nah, i liked the Savini version. But NOTLD 30th ann. was a travesty beyond description.

marginbuu
17-Nov-2007, 02:37 PM
I had trouble with the utube but because I have a hearing problem. OH I have admitted a defect.
Any way the visuals gave me hope.
this guy goes from strength to strength.

Yojimbo
24-Nov-2007, 10:23 PM
for reasons we can all comprehend I've always refused to watch NOTLD30th. Never even seen a frame until this youtube video. I must say, it doesn't look half bad. Have i been just too stubborn and idealistic for almost 10 years?

is there any redeeming quality to NOTLD30th?

NOOOOOO!!! STAY AWAY. WILL CAUSE HEMMORHOIDS! IT WILL TURN YOU INTO A NEWT AND/OR CAUSE IMPOTENCE AND COMPULSIVE GAMBLING. IT WILL SLEEP WITH YOUR SISTER THEN BRAG ABOUT IT TO YOU!

Avoid NOLD30th at all costs. If you must see it, borrow a copy from someone, or get it as the third free disk on one of those "Rent 2 get 1 free" nights at the shop. Do not spend money on this film, it will cause impotence.