PDA

View Full Version : If anyone's making a movie....

SymphonicX
08-Nov-2007, 03:31 PM
and wants someone to edit it for free....gimmie a shout....serious offer here...

Its probably a long shot and safe to assume that these things would be in place before shooting starts but if for any reason you need someone to sit down and help cut it to pieces and make it flow nicely then I'd love to help out - obviously tho this couldn't be a huge thing with a big budget because of my lack of experience but if there's someone making a college movie or whatever....well then I really need the experience and would LOVe to have it under my belt...!!! A very very long shot, I realise...

A bit about me: I'm an editor that's new to the industry, currently working for a major broadcaster and have massive amounts of experience in HD AVID suites, I can only really use AVID however so you should probably know that! What I really need though is to work on something editorial rather than promos, interstitials and stuff - there's a lack of that where I work which is mainly an acquisitions company....

So keep me in mind if you need someone, even an edit assistant's role really...I'm very passionate and enthusiastic and would love to present you a showreel of the things I've done here in my infant career...

Thanks!!!

DjfunkmasterG
09-Nov-2007, 05:22 PM
You should probably let people know what area you are from. I am sure a US filmmaker maynot want to outsource to someone in the UK or AU... just saying.

Skippy911sc
09-Nov-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow thats a good point...about location.

I always thought I had the greatest location for filming...but not if your in the UK or AU

Ha!

:D:D:D

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 07:42 PM
huh. 'sunusual to hear of someone wanting to be exclusivley an editor nowadays, havent you got any interest in making your own films or is editing just something you really want to do? i guess you could work on a lot more stuff if you stuck to one aspect of film makign like that i suppose.

SymphonicX
05-Dec-2007, 07:18 PM
Oops I forgot! I am UK based, many apologies!!

And yeah editing is something that I want to solely exist in - in particular HD editing. I have interest in making my own films I guess but I really love playing with rythmn and time, stuff like that, and making things intense and interesting to watch, I kinda like that the responsibility of getting good material is left to someone else, whilst its left to me to make it look and flow perfectly and not jar or upset the viewer!