PDA

View Full Version : A New Half-Baked Theory...

SRP76
08-Nov-2007, 09:07 PM
About the "timeline discrepancy":

By my last calculations, the outbreak in Dawn began in late September/early October.

We know that the outbreak in Night began way back in April.

So, there's a nice, fat, 5-to-6-month gap there, that cannot be reconciled.

That got me thinking:

At the end of Night, we see the hunting teams wrapping up business. We might be able to assume that similar teams met with similar success. As such, the ending of Night gives the impression that the outbreak had been stamped out, and the dead were all exterminated.

Now, is it possible that they really did end the outbreak in Night?

If so, they could have survived "the first round" (though they thought it was all over), the outbreak across the east coast of the U.S.

Over the next few months, they may have relaxed a bit, thinking it was over.

Then - BOOM! - the second, worldwide outbreak hits 5 months later. This would be the outbreak we see in Dawn. And this time, it's so widespread that it cannot be contained.

What do you think? Possible?

Doc
08-Nov-2007, 09:53 PM
APRIL, Z-DAY
Time frames based on conversations between characters in NIGHT and situations in LAND.

NIGHT takes place on day 3. This means Romero's Z-day takes place in April. This is known because of dialogue referencing the spring time change.

Barbara: They ought to make the day the time changes the first day of Summer. Well, its 8 oclock and its still light.
Johnny: Lot of good the extra dalight does us.

Johnny: There's no one around
Barbara: Well, its late. If you had gotten up earlier
Johnny: I already lost an hour's sleep with the time change

At the end of NIGHT, rescue groups seem to have the situation under some kind of control.

As time goes on, more and more dead start to rise. This is a combination of normal deaths, accidental deaths caused by Z-day panics (shooting, beatings, car crashes, etc) as well as bite related resurrections.

Kauffman realizes things are going bad and decides to start a plan to set up a defense in a city environment. He isn't the only one. Others are planning simular things in different places. Cleveland, for example. Kauffman also has thought of setting up alternative sites to live/run to if anything happens to Fiddler's Green.

Cholo: There's always that outpost in Cleveland

Kauffman: I've established outposts with food and supplies that will support us on our way. Anywhere that we want to go. Alternative sites have been chosen for us and our families... as well as necessary support personnel.

After a few months, rescue teams start to grow tired from the never ending uprising. Everything they are doing is just to keep the undead population in check. Rescue teams start to break up as some get bit here and there and others want to leave to protect their family. This causes the undead's numbers to rise with less human resistance. With more dead, the number of rescue members decline for the same reasons listed above. This tips the scales in the zombie's favor.

OCTOBER, 6 months post Z-day
Time frame based on events in DAWN and conversations in DAY

Rescue teams and organized resistance are more or less disolved. Society starts it's first serious breakdowns. Without an organized group to handle the Undead population, private citizens try to handle things themselves.

With society rapidly falling, the US Government sets up an emergency research base in an isolated part of Florida. Military personnel are assigned for protection.

Sarah: It was very rushed. This operation was put together in a matter of days.

NOVEMBER, 6 1/2-7 months post Z-day
Time frame based on calendar seen on wall during DAWN (see link 1) and situations in LAND

For 3 weeks things have spiraled out of control as private citizens don't have the ability to take the necessary steps to ensure proper desposal of the undead.
Example: The people in the apartment complex (DAWN) don't kill their dead loved ones, but instead lock them in the basement and empty apartments.

More and more people are walking away from their responsibilities to fend for themself, adding to the mayhem.
Example: Guard at TV station walking out. Stephen, Fran, Roger flying away in the helicopter

Kauffman hires a group of people to organize a force to go block to block, fighting the undead and setting up a barrier around a small section of the city. Once finished, attention is focused inward to clear out the remaining zombies inside their new safe haven. Kauffman slowly gets rid of people that would oppose him, ensuring HE is the top dog in the new city. He then gets things going training people to be on zombie watch over the city and double as his personal henchmen. A select few are allowed out of the city to get supplies from local towns... and in side projects, to get rid of evidence of Kauffman's dirty deeds.
Example: City seen in LAND

Some people have become criminals to survive.
Examples: Guys at the docks at the beginning of DAWN.
Looting biker gang at the Mall. However, could they be part of a group sent out by Kauffman?

MARCH 21st, 11 months post Z-day
Time frame based on calendars seen on wall (see link 2)

Society pretty much dead. A few hold outs here and there. Fortified outposts in Cleveland, Pittsburg and a few other cities here and there as well as a few looting gangs living from town to town and hidden government researchers.

Late OCTOBER, 2 years, 7 months post Z-day
Time frame based on calendar at the beginning of DAY and comparing day/date corilations with calendars seen in DAWN.

The Florida Military research group falls apart. Tension between scientists and the military soldiers assigned to watch over them grows when the officer in charge dies, leaving the troops under the command of someone who is angry, homicidal and wants results NOW. Things finally errupt when Rhodes (new guy in charge) kills a few scientiest and leaves the others to die in a zombie pit. Rhodes didn't like the lack of results and "TRAINING" a zombie to think. 1 person against the soldiers figures things are doomed and lets a flood of zombies in the base to finish everyone off. A few non-military personnel manage to escape the zombie pit, get to a helicopter and live out their days on an island. They don't know about city bases being set up as their radio equipment is extremely outdated and their side missions of rescue efforts hasn't gone more than 100 miles away from their base.

3 YEARS post Z-day
Time frame based on dialogue in LAND

Mechanic: The last car I drove out of this town was three years ago.

Cholo: How long have I been working for you? Three years? Taking out your garbage, cleaning up after you...

Raiding parties do business as usual when they go to a small town several miles outside of their main base of the barricaded city set up by Kauffman. They use fireworks to distract the zombies so they can maintain the looting with little resistance and keep up the city's way of life.

Unfortunately, zombies are starting to learn on their own, without help from scientists. This proves deadly as a group of zombies start to figure out where the looters came from and head there. They manage to figure out they can walk below a river that acts as a natural defense border for the human city. They also learn to ignore the fireworks distraction and slaughter a lot of people. Kauffman is killed during the invasion

A new group of people decide to rebuild and make things better and more equal. A small group decide to take the raiding party's main vehicle and escape to a less populated region up in Canada.

2 1/2 - 5 YEARS post Z-day
Time Frame based on Sarah's hand written calendar on the beach

Sarah, John and McDermott have been living a safe life ever since escaping the tyrany of Captain Rhodes and the zombie invasion of the Florida base.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4508/dawn1ey3.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8425/dawn2uw3.jpg

No I did not make this timeline.

SRP76
08-Nov-2007, 10:23 PM
The hand-made calendars should be accurate, but it isn't possible to take all the pre-made calendars at face value.

The calendar in the dining room in Night says "December". It isn't December. The problem is that sometimes, calendars get hung up, then forgotten about for months and months (actually, one of mine still says "July"). Then, the places are abandoned...calendars could be years out-of-date.

The only calendars I would trust are Fran's and Sarah's.

And there's a flaw in trying to say that the outbreak has been ongoing for 6 months at the start of Dawn:

In addition to saying ,"for 3 weeks, you have not listened!", the doctor also asks, "do you believe the dead are returning to life, and attacking the living?". Answer: "I'm not so sure what I believe".

If the dead had been getting up for half a year, there would be NO doubt. Everyone would know full well that the dead are reanimating.

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 10:29 PM
Although hasn't GAR said that the films don't take place within the same universe, but rather, different ones where zombies outbreaks are happening. The themes continue in a linear fashion - things just get worse - and the whole:

1) just after the outbreak
2) 3 weeks in
3) a year in
4) 3 years in

So because they're not in the same universe, the timeline across the films doesn't have to match up, nor is it intended to match up. It also gets over the huge leaps in technology and so-on between each film...not that that ever bothered me at all, but I've heard some people on here mention that issue before.

Legion2213
09-Nov-2007, 01:59 PM
There doesn't seem to be any continuity with GAR's zed films. I think (as MZ says) he just makes zombie flicks...place them in any time you like, in an "alternate reality" if you choose to do so.

If you are a Star Wars fan, you can trace dates and events back for around 40.000 years or so, if you are a GAR fan, you just need to sit back, sharpen your machete, load up your guns and enjoy the apocalypse. :D

bassman
09-Nov-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I'm with MZ and Legion. Romero's films aren't direct sequels. You should've seen the Land/Day timeline discussion.:|

BUTCHYPIE
09-Nov-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm also in agreement with MZ and Legion -- Romero's timeline is "all messed up!"

But since we like to look for clues, I'd like to point out that this is the opening of the first draft of GAR's "Day" script:

FADE IN:

1 EXT. THE EMPTY STREET OF A CITY - DAY

No people. A FEW CARS AND TRUCKS are parked at odd angles, abandoned.
A TITLE FADES IN, one phrase at a time.

FIVE YEARS...
SINCE THE DEAD FIRST WALKED.

Don't know if the "5 Years" thing held up through the shooting script, but it seems likely.

Awesome timeline, by the way. Kudos for posting.

Legion2213
09-Nov-2007, 04:15 PM
Another example of this lack of continuity is the 007 films...James Bond has changed several times and by rights should be about 90 years old now...but folks who watch and enjoy the films don't really care, they just switch off and suck up the action.

That's not meant to take anything away from folks like SRP76 & Doc who sit down and try to work these timelines out. It's usually fans who care more about these things than the film makers/book writers...that's why we are fans I suppose. :)

bassman
09-Nov-2007, 04:34 PM
There was a few tries at continuity between the Bond films during the Connery/Moore era, but it never really stuck.

Romero's is a bit easier to try and time up, but it's impossible to with the bond films. Especially now that they've rebooted the franchise.

MinionZombie
09-Nov-2007, 05:45 PM
*blows brains out*

Hush now, don't mention that first draft script for Day of the Dead with "5 years" in the text, Philly might hear you and go all cwazy-theory on us all! :eek:

I'm just breaking balls, he's a good chap, but oh my...that whole 'day before land' thread...the horror...the horror. :dead::eek:

'The thread that dare not speak it's name.' :lol:

Due to the changes in culture and technology, the films aren't direct sequels, but they do all follow on from each other in terms of a sensible progression into the zombie outbreak, first nights - 3 weeks - 1 year - 3 years.

If they had been all made at the same time, they could be within the same universe, but as they weren't they aren't really intended to be...but are hung together by the common ground of zombie outbreaks. We just rock up in each new universe at a new interval in the descent.

Legion2213
09-Nov-2007, 06:10 PM
Due to the changes in culture and technology, the films aren't direct sequels, but they do all follow on from each other in terms of a sensible progression into the zombie outbreak, first nights - 3 weeks - 1 year - 3 years.

If they had been all made at the same time, they could be within the same universe, but as they weren't they aren't really intended to be...but are hung together by the common ground of zombie outbreaks. We just rock up in each new universe at a new interval in the descent.

Now theres a thought...Night 1990 would have been a great leaping off point for something like that, follow it up every two or three years with GAR remakes of Dawn & Day.

Re-establish the franchise in it's rightful owners name and sort out the timeline in one fell-swoop.

SRP76
09-Nov-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, in regards to the Bond flicks, there would be a very simple solution, if you were willing to follow it:

That each Bond (Connery, Dalton, etc.) really IS a "different guy". Basically, the name "James Bond" itself is a codename, just like the 00 designation, that is passed on from agent to agent. The name "James Bond" is only a little less fake-sounding than "John Smith", so it wouldn't be a stretch.

You can imagine the way it goes at induction to MI6: "George Stumpknocker, you will, from this day forward, be known as James Bond, designation 007."

That would solve all the problems there.

Now, about the Dead timeline:

Shockingly, I calculated dates from the homemade calendars we see. Fran has January 1st being a Sunday. Sarah has April 4th being a Thursday.

They cannot be the same year. The first time April 4th lands on a Thursday, is 4 years after the year in which January 1st falls on a Sunday.

Oddly enough, that would, in fact, put the end of Day at "5 years since the dead first walked".

I'm certain that Romero didn't intend for it to wind up like that...it was sheer, dumb luck, I guarantee.

MinionZombie
09-Nov-2007, 10:12 PM
Or just some random dates in films that aren't within the same universe? :D

Oh come on, somebody had to be that guy. :lol:

AcesandEights
09-Nov-2007, 10:49 PM
You can imagine the way it goes at induction to MI6: "George Stumpknocker, you will, from this day forward, be known as James Bond, designation 007."

That would solve all the problems there.

That's the way I always imagine it, basically. The name Bond and the 007 designation are a mantle.

panic
10-Nov-2007, 01:15 AM
LOL, I guess Philly hasn't noticed this thread yet.

/p

hadrian0117
11-Nov-2007, 02:16 AM
...Due to the changes in culture and technology, the films aren't direct sequels, but they do all follow on from each other in terms of a sensible progression into the zombie outbreak, first nights - 3 weeks - 1 year - 3 years...

I've always just ignored the differences in technology and fashion and imagined they really do take place in the same reality. Of course if Romero's included bits of the radio & TV broadcasts from NotLD (being public domain) in Diary that would seem to confirm that it's all the same outbreak.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2007, 10:38 AM
I think Romero himself said they're not all the same outbreak, so that kinda answers that question.

But indeed, I always tend to watch them as if they're the one outbreak and ignore the technology issues because I know they were made so far apart, but I see if the other way as well, so errr...yeah.

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Nov-2007, 12:25 PM
LOL, I guess Philly hasn't noticed this thread yet.

/p

And do we ever thank the good lord for that :skull:

For the umpteenth time, these movies are NOT, and were never intended to be, directly connected via ANY timeline and are simply movies of the same theme, made within the same "storytelling universe" and based around seperate outbreaks while observing GAR's basic guidelines in place within this "storytelling universe".

A rough guide to each individual movies timeline is all you really need to enjoy them, anything in addition to what is listed below is purely a case of over analysing.

NIGHT: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE DAYS after the initial outbreak.
DAWN: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE WEEKS after the initial outbreak.
DAY: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE MONTHS after the initial outbreak.
LAND: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE YEARS after the initial outbreak.

Amen. Thankyou. Case closed.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2007, 12:38 PM
It's probably been said already, but just out of interest, what was the theory/evidence behind 3 months for Day of the Dead?

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Nov-2007, 01:58 PM
As i recall, DAY was the one and only slight exception to "the 3 guide" which was in turn left "open to debate" on anything from three to eight months, but for the sakes of keeping things simple it was left as three months with a bracket text stating:

(Open to debate at three to eight months)

While no evidence was offered to prove an eight month period, or to prove anything other than an intended three month period, i think most of the forward thinking people were happy to leave it open for debate between three and eight months as they were already exhausted from trying to explain (to philly, lol!) that these films were not connected via any direct timeline, plus a handful of people were throwing some interesting ideas around at the time.

Personally, i always figured that a rough guide of three days, three weeks, three months, three years was simple to understand for everyone once they had disregarded the bogus back to back issues, and a rough guide is all they ever needed to enjoy these movies for what they truly are.

In saying that, the rough guide itself was ONLY ever required due to peoples lack of basic understanding, or in some cases, confusion, and for the average person is not really needed at all!

I guess i should have saved my previous posts (Logical and proven approach to George Romero's storytelling universe, seperate outbreaks, guidelines and timelines explained) about this subject to save writing it all out over and over :(

Doc
11-Nov-2007, 02:34 PM
DAWN: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE WEEKS after the initial outbreak.
DAY: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE MONTHS after the initial outbreak.
LAND: Story begins ROUGHLY THREE YEARS after the initial outbreak.

I forgot where ,but I have heard that Day takes 9 months later.

Trin
11-Nov-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't believe GAR made these movies to be in separate universes. Dawn picks up from Night. Day picks up from Dawn. Land (*cough* *choke*) picks up from Day. I believe any statements GAR has made to the contrary are made to counter technology nit-pickery from over-thinkers. Anyone who remembers the original Land trailer (prior to licensing issues) remembers that Land showed events from the previous movies to set the stage.

These movies would be no fun if the assumption for each was that it was a completely new outbreak potentially with new rules and no backstory from the previous installments.

Even if they were separate outbreaks it's still a valid disucssion as to what point in the outbreak each movie takes place.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2007, 05:32 PM
Do a forum search to re-find your old explanations?

So why is it 8 months then, as a thought in that time bracket? lol...now I'm getting all Philly on you now, haha...

But Day still comes BEFORE Land, because Day is (as you say) between 3 and 8 months after an outbreak (I'd say personally, up to a year perhaps) and Land is specifically 3 years after the beginning of an outbreak.

I wonder if there'll be any "what came first, Night or Diary?" debates when the new one comes out? :eek::dead::lol:

Woo, 9000th post. :p

sandrock74
12-Nov-2007, 03:28 AM
I would think Day would be FAAAAAARRRRR longer into the outbreak than a mere 3 months. Would everyone be all on each others ass after 90 days? And thats NOT even 90 days TOGETHER!
Also, look at the ending of Night 90. It leads directly into Dawn (original). I realize that the remake of Night isn't "cannon" per se, but Romero did indeed write it, so that MUST have been what he was intending. Knowing that a sequel would take place after the movie, he rewrote the ending to make a more smooth flow into the next one.
Call it hindsight.
I never did buy any of that bull that they take place in seperate universes. How did Blades appear in Dawn and Land? And why use clips from the first 3 movies in the trailer of Land?
Just my view.

SRP76
12-Nov-2007, 04:29 AM
I would think Day would be FAAAAAARRRRR longer into the outbreak than a mere 3 months. Would everyone be all on each others ass after 90 days? And thats NOT even 90 days TOGETHER!
Also, look at the ending of Night 90. It leads directly into Dawn (original). I realize that the remake of Night isn't "cannon" per se, but Romero did indeed write it, so that MUST have been what he was intending. Knowing that a sequel would take place after the movie, he rewrote the ending to make a more smooth flow into the next one.
Call it hindsight.
I never did buy any of that bull that they take place in seperate universes. How did Blades appear in Dawn and Land? And why use clips from the first 3 movies in the trailer of Land?
Just my view.

I feel the same way.

They were 3 weeks into the outbreak when they found the mall in Dawn. They were in the mall a minimum of 4 months and a week. So, when they left the mall (when the raiders attacked), it was 5 months into the outbreak.

5 months in, and there were still biker gangs running loose.

Now, by the time of Day, there was NOthing, and NObody. That puts it further into the outbreak than the end of Dawn. More than 5 months, at the very least.

"3 months in" is totally impossible.

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2007, 07:29 AM
How did you come up with three days after the initial outbreak?

Is this based on an assumption that the phenomenon (whether virus or radiation or combination of both) is spreading like a wave rather than happening all at once? It is mentioned during NIGHT, late in the film, that "the level of radiation is increasing," which would support any theory that the plague is emanating from a source and spreading throughout a wider and wider area.

I also believe that NIGHT and LAND are directly connected, whereas DAWN and DAY take place in an alternate timeline (though you could make a good case for DAWN and LAND given the Blades zombie).

MinionZombie
12-Nov-2007, 10:04 AM
Just my view.

Because the Blades zombie was chucked in for fans, a little nod and wink to us sorts, a little sight gag...nothing serious.

They used clips from the three movies (initially anyway, before copyright problems) because GAR is best known for his zombie flicks, and you get across his previous films before showing footage from the new zombie flick, it also shows the stages and how it got out of hand and thus bringing you up to Land which is 3 years into an outbreak.

Most zombie films, or films that masquerade as zombie-like films, always hang around the start of an infection breakout, so Land was quite different in that boom - 3 years into an outbreak, sh*t has gone down and people are clambering up a bit again...one of the reasons I love the film, we get to look far into the distance of an outbreak, rather than once again another 'beginning of' film...although with Diary again being a beginning, I'll let GAR off because he is the daddy of the genre and if anyone's going to do one, it should be him. :)

That said, if he has other films in mind - please do get them rolling. :cool:

Doc
12-Nov-2007, 11:57 AM
How did you come up with three days after the initial outbreak?

You have to listen to the radio in Night when Ben turns it on it say the whole thing has been happening the past 2 days.

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2007, 03:51 PM
You have to listen to the radio in Night when Ben turns it on it say the whole thing has been happening the past 2 days.
I'll check that out. You're talking about the original and not the 30th anniversary, right? Because they foolishly changed the radio broadcast in the latter. ;)

So if it's the past two days, then it's more like 48 hours into the outbreak rather than 72 hours.

Mike70
12-Nov-2007, 06:13 PM
i will throw my lot in with MZ. there isn't any continuity among the films because that was never the intention. let's not invent something that doesn't exist and for god's sake quit treating these films as if they were star trek.

next thing we know someone will comeout with a "technical manual" for dead reckoning.:p

SRP76
12-Nov-2007, 06:52 PM
i will throw my lot in with MZ. there isn't any continuity among the films because that was never the intention. let's not invent something that doesn't exist and for god's sake quit treating these films as if they were star trek.

Actually, the excuse "they all take place in alternate dimensions" is straight out of Star Trek.

MinionZombie
12-Nov-2007, 07:09 PM
for god's sake quit treating these films as if they were star trek.

It's waaaaaaaaay too late for that here, my friend. :D

Mike70
12-Nov-2007, 07:29 PM
It's waaaaaaaaay too late for that here, my friend. :D

i should know better MZ after nearly 10 years of arguing about these films. but i found an interview with romero where he talks about this very subject:

"HW: Many horror sequels bring back previous survivors to fight the evil once again...
George: Yeah
HW: ...yet you have never done this in your Dead films.
George: No.
HW: Is there a reason for that?
George: Well you know, they were never... I never did anything with the period. I could have set them all in 1968 [laughs] and since they weren't connected in time... Well, in other words, I just used the period. I shot one in the 70's and the background was 70's - I shot one in the 80's and the background was the 80's - and this one this background will be 2000. So I don't feel that you can continue the same characters. The thing that continues is just the phenomena and I try to put a different spin on it that reflects the time when the film is made, rather than try to keep the same characters going, it just wouldn't make any sense unless they were all done in the same period. "

Bold characters are mine

seems to me he cares way more about the feel/hotbutton of the period he is writing in rather than being concerned about continuity. so it might be fun for us to go back and forth on this issue of timeline but i get the idea that it is not something romero really has thought much about or even cares about.

this is from a long (very long as a matter of fact) interview given to horrorweb a few yahrens ago. if you scroll to the bottom of the interview page there are a whole host of interviews with other dead alumni like lori cardille, antone dileo, joe pilato, gaylen ross and g howard klar.
here is the whole thing:

http://www.horror-web.com/interviews/georgeromero.html

bassman
12-Nov-2007, 07:35 PM
Arguing that the films are in the same timeline is like saying that Batman Begins was a prequel to Batman(89) just because they both have the character of Batman....

SRP76
12-Nov-2007, 08:30 PM
Arguing that the films are in the same timeline is like saying that Batman Begins was a prequel to Batman(89) just because they both have the character of Batman....

No, saying that Batman Begins was a prequel to Batman would be like saying Dawn'04 was a prequel to Dawn'78.

It's another remake.

Marie
12-Nov-2007, 09:01 PM

next thing we know someone will comeout with a "technical manual" for dead reckoning.:p

To boldly eat where no zombie has eaten before!:D

M_

acealive1
12-Nov-2007, 09:20 PM

yea i hated that. batman begins and a couple of others cover the death of bruce wayne's parents so yea..... remakes at best is what they are. just told from a different vantage point.

u ever notice how people dog val kilmer's batman movie but it was the second highest grossing batman film behind the original? that franchise made money on every film and they called it a "box office bomb" everytime one wasnt made with keaton.

Doc
12-Nov-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll check that out. You're talking about the original and not the 30th anniversary, right? Because they foolishly changed the radio broadcast in the latter. ;)

So if it's the past two days, then it's more like 48 hours into the outbreak rather than 72 hours. Well Night is the 3rd day.......Wait they changed the broadcast in the 30th anniversary!:mad: Man no wonder I hate that thing.

sandrock74
14-Nov-2007, 03:36 AM
Night of the Living Star Trek?

DubiousComforts
14-Nov-2007, 04:20 AM
Night of the Living Star Trek?
"He's... he's dead, Jim. No, wait... he's not."

SRP76
14-Nov-2007, 06:47 AM
"He's... he's dead, Jim. No, wait... he's not."

Spock would be the poor bastard trying to convince everyone to do the "logical" thing, and shoot them in the head. McCoy would be the fool fighting him every step of the way, talking about, "they're human! They need to be cured!":lol:

AcesandEights
14-Nov-2007, 06:59 AM
Spock would be the poor bastard trying to convince everyone to do the "logical" thing, and shoot them in the head. McCoy would be the fool fighting him every step of the way, talking about, "they're human! They need to be cured!":lol:

And Kirk would be angling to bang the **** out the cute (not too decomposed) ones ;)

SRP76
14-Nov-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't know, he had standards. I think he'd demand live ones.

Riker, on the other hand, would be all over #9....

sandrock74
14-Nov-2007, 06:17 PM
OK, who exactly is zombie #9??

MinionZombie
14-Nov-2007, 06:20 PM
http://static.flickr.com/36/85837375_99a1288b0b.jpg

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/skeletonkeys-sin1/zombie/romero/landofthedead/img/Land_zombie_03.gif

http://www.zombiephiles.com/gallery2/d/48-1/land-of-the-dead-hot-zombie.jpg

http://www.zombiephiles.com/gallery2/d/44-1/land-of-the-dead-02.jpg

Hottest zombie ever, officially. :D

sandrock74
14-Nov-2007, 06:35 PM
I thought so! OK, now I know!
(In walks Flint who says, "And knowing is half the battle!")
By the way, if someone had sex with a zombie, wouldn't that turn them into a zombie? It is an exchange of bodily fluids after all and isn't that basically what a zombies bite is?

MinionZombie
14-Nov-2007, 06:50 PM
I thought so! OK, now I know!
(In walks Flint who says, "And knowing is half the battle!")
By the way, if someone had sex with a zombie, wouldn't that turn them into a zombie? It is an exchange of bodily fluids after all and isn't that basically what a zombies bite is?
Wear protection. :D

Legion2213
14-Nov-2007, 07:09 PM
And Kirk would be angling to bang the **** out the cute (not too decomposed) ones ;)

Damn straight. Kirk is the man...he'd also be happy taking out thousands of zombies with his bare hands and using his patented "Kirk Fu" fighting style!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1132/1199659277_d767ffa987.jpg

Mike70
14-Nov-2007, 07:18 PM

what a sick, twisted, demented thing to even be thinking of. sir, i salute you.:D

sandrock74
15-Nov-2007, 03:11 AM
what a sick, twisted, demented thing to even be thinking of. sir, i salute you.:D

NO NO! Not me! I meant this in response to the Captain Kirk banging zombie chicks...why do I feel so dirty? I need a shower.

Deadman_Deluxe
15-Nov-2007, 11:00 AM
So if it's the past two days, then it's more like 48 hours into the outbreak rather than 72 hours.

Classic example of over analysing?

What the hell does it matter if it is two days or three days? Likewise with three months or eight months?

It's a rough guide, and a rough guide is all you need to enjoy these movies for what they are.

Redge777
19-Nov-2007, 01:28 AM
Might it be the first film with the outbreak in spring symbolizes the awakening, while the second in fall, symbolises the loss of power of the elite? More of a seasons analogy then just basic time.