PDA

View Full Version : it.never.frigging.ends

Danny
10-Nov-2007, 09:13 PM
So i get halo 3, come home and turn on my 360.

its not connecting to xbox live.
i select "continue campaign" on halo, it crashes.
restart and save and then no problem.
go into matchmaking, cant connect.
try my modem, my 360 and my connections, no problem, just a one way conenciton, i know which of my freinds are online, but cant do owt myself.
try kameo, cant find a storage device.

i thinik now ive had a new 360 for 2 days, my hard drives fried itself.

just once id like a consoel that works.

CornishCorpse
10-Nov-2007, 09:16 PM
Come to the Sony side..Ever had a playstation break on you?..Nein...Jus kiddin and this is youre replacment console? Mine is coming next week and if this is what I should expect then d`oh. Sorry to hear bout youre console..thats some major screwedness. Can always send it off again and cross youre fingers.

Danny
10-Nov-2007, 09:29 PM
plus theres apparently a new red and green ring off death for falcon chip models.
almsot as if the fault is...self aware.....:shifty:

-but the net problems occuring on my pc to so im just gonna play the waiting game till tomorrow and see if it sorts itseld out, you never know.

capncnut
10-Nov-2007, 09:55 PM
Never had a single problem with a 360 console since launch.

CoinReturn
10-Nov-2007, 11:57 PM
Never had a single problem with a 360 console since launch.

Same here, I guess its just the luck of the draw. Hells, did you try detaching and reattaching the hard drive? Maybe it wasn't clicked in all the way. That really sucks though. I think that disk drives are too much of a liability; they heat the console up and are destined to fail. Once the era of digital distribution is upon us, I think game consoles will have much lower failure rates.

MikePizzoff
11-Nov-2007, 12:34 AM
Come to the Sony side..Ever had a playstation break on you?

Yes. My PS2 broke on me. I know a few other people that also had theirs break. I take care of my systems, too.

capncnut
11-Nov-2007, 03:42 AM
My PS2 broke on me. I know a few other people that also had theirs break. I take care of my systems, too.
Yup, I can raise my hand to that one as well. Paid £450 for my PS2 on launch and the bitch broke down (click, click, click) about a year later.

Terran
11-Nov-2007, 08:41 AM
My playstation2 was worse...because it only half broke....why is that worse?....well about half of the games worked....but certain games just wouldnt work....

So since it kindof worked I didnt really want to get a new console....but since it was kindof broke I didnt want to buy any games because I wasnt sure if it would work on my system...

And this was my first Sony Console ever....really ticked me off.....My first Xbox never broke...Nintendo products on the other hand have historically been built like hammers...you could beat the hell out of them and they wouldnt stop working....they had a little glitch this generation with a firmware update...but that wasnt a hardware probelm....

Once these Microsoft probelms are ironed out Im going to get me a 360...

acealive1
12-Nov-2007, 12:53 AM
never will i ever buy an x box

DeadJonas190
12-Nov-2007, 06:02 AM
Come to the Sony side..Ever had a playstation break on you?..Nein...Jus kiddin

Sarcasm at it's best :)

CornishCorpse
12-Nov-2007, 10:59 AM
Well I guess like Coin said its the luck of the draw since Ive got my working ps1,ps2 and now ps3..All of em have been played like hell and Ive never had a problem with any of em. Ive gamed like a motherfuc*er since the ps1 and loved every bit of it and just had no worries so sorry to hear bout youre ps2`s screwing with you guys.

Green ring of death? got a link hells? Bah I hope this doesnt happen to me, I need to sell my 360 for christmas funds and if I need to send it off straight away again :mad: damn you ms for my bad luck..

On a happier note, good gamin to all.

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 02:02 PM
3JEsNuuvCU8

slickwilly13
12-Nov-2007, 02:20 PM
Some of the people posting comments on youtube are f#cking retarded. For real. How in the hell can this sh!t be fake? There's video proof right there in front of them. Idiots!:rolleyes:

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 02:39 PM
once again id like to bring up the penny arcade theory:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/dickwads.jpg

slickwilly13
12-Nov-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, there's always going to be peckerheads on the net. Either calling something fake or discrediting someone's accomplishments. Some people have no lives, intelligence, or common sense about some things.

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 03:08 PM
aint taht the truth, i hosted my irst podcast in a goape type player on another forum and it opened with a joke about the only people buing rock band for all 4 instruments would be shiva from mortal kombat, and i actually got hate mail saying it was "fake":rolleyes:

slickwilly13
12-Nov-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure if I posted myself on youtube doing 100 pushups nonstop *I can do it for real* there would be some jerks and idiots discrediting me. "That's fake. You're using special effects. Or you're on steriods and couldn't do it w/out them." Even though I busted my ass off for 10 weeks to do it.

Danny
12-Nov-2007, 03:17 PM
100?, my fat ass can do 15 and then im knackered. arms like wet noodles y'see?:lol:

slickwilly13
12-Nov-2007, 03:35 PM
I could put you through my 10-12 week pushup training regiment. It's promised results. *L*

DeadJonas190
13-Nov-2007, 06:23 AM
Well I guess like Coin said its the luck of the draw since Ive got my working ps1,ps2 and now ps3..All of em have been played like hell and Ive never had a problem with any of em. Ive gamed like a motherfuc*er since the ps1 and loved every bit of it and just had no worries so sorry to hear bout youre ps2`s screwing with you guys.

You sir, are very lucky. Most of the people I know that have had the PS2 have had problems with them, the common link between all of us is we got them within the first year of them being out. Working in a Blockbuster with a Game Rush (a game store) I have heard so many people tell me about all their problems with the Sony systems that I have come to believe that the only reason the PS2 is the highest selling console is due to people replacing their defective units multiple times (Original PS2 had the disk read errors then the slim line was having massive overheating issues the first 6 months it was out).

I have talked to people who haven't had any problems at all such as yourself, but it seems more common than not to talk to somebody who has had problems.

And now the 360 seems to be going the way of the PS2.

acealive1
13-Nov-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty sure if I posted myself on youtube doing 100 pushups nonstop *I can do it for real* there would be some jerks and idiots discrediting me. "That's fake. You're using special effects. Or you're on steriods and couldn't do it w/out them." Even though I busted my ass off for 10 weeks to do it.

i know what u mean,bro. im up to like 26 now(and im about 290lbs) but soon i should be at 100 if i dont get bored with pushups. i'll give myself about 2 months or a lil more.

MinionZombie
13-Nov-2007, 10:09 AM
I should get back into the push up thing, but I can't right now - sprained ankle - so I can't put enough weight on there, certainly not in that position...and I ain't doing the lady way with your knees either, lol.

Weight lifting, that's my deal...but I had to stop that for like 3 months in the middle of the year after I f*cked my back up big style...

Anyway, ug, someone called your podcast "fake"? :lol: What a retard...nuff said.

capncnut
13-Nov-2007, 10:49 AM
I should get back into the push up thing, but I can't right now - sprained ankle - so I can't put enough weight on there, certainly not in that position... and I ain't doing the lady way with your knees either, lol.
I'm injured too, man. Tailbone (owowow - saying it makes me twinge, LOL). Couldn't do a push up, sit up or leg up if I tried. That said, I'm off to see the Sex Pistols tomorrow at Brixton Academy and I'm sure I'll miracle my ass into the mosh pit somehow. ;)

MinionZombie
13-Nov-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm injured too, man. Tailbone (owowow - saying it makes me twinge, LOL). Couldn't do a push up, sit up or leg up if I tried. That said, I'm off to see the Sex Pistols tomorrow at Brixton Academy and I'm sure I'll miracle my ass into the mosh pit somehow. ;)
That's some extreme moshing there, moshing-with-busted-ass-bone. :cool:

slickwilly13
13-Nov-2007, 01:33 PM
I started my regiment after tearing my knee in fight practice. I couldn't do anything on my lowers body for 8 weeks. And I didn't want to sit on my butt doing nothing. It was depressing. So, I worked on my upper body to compensate. The 1st 2 weeks was tough, because I could put pressure on my left knee. It was painful even at a pushup position, but I toughed it out. Here's the pushup regiment I did. And it is promising results if you stick with the plan.

http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/100push.html

Danny
14-Nov-2007, 03:01 PM
ive had it five days and allready im getting red lights and error messages on the tv, its not working with my internet for no reason and it's only playing half my games, AND when i turn it off the fans keep going ive got to turn it on and off a few times to get it to stop.
sure there may be good games coming out for the 360 but im not paying hundreds of pounds for electronics that last 5 friggin days!
im gonna head into game tomorrow and trade it in, ill most likely get a ps3 since i dont know about you guys but wiis have quietly gone out of stock everywere again *somewere in romanina, in a gothic castle, reggie sits laughing maniacally whilst lighting crashes overhead*:lol:

-huh. the gamestation website is only advertising the 40gb ps3, who in there right mind would buy the one without backwards compatibility, sure stuff like folklore, rachet and eye of judgement are good games, but no silent hill 2?, or ico? or vice city?, they can go bollox.

GAME aint bad, 350 for a 60 gig ps3 with 2 games.... though why its recommending you also buy a wii nunchuck is beyond me:rockbrow:

bassman
14-Nov-2007, 03:04 PM
I feel really lucky. Nothing has happened to my 360....yet. *knocks on wood*

CoinReturn
14-Nov-2007, 03:06 PM
Same her bassman, it will have been 2 years on the 23rd since I bought mine, and not a problem yet. Hells, does Game take broken hardware in for trade?

Danny
14-Nov-2007, 03:09 PM
lol, they even sell it and dont label it as such, the amount fo times i bought the same faulty copy of code veronica for the dreamcast is a secret to time and the ass that kept putting it on the shelf.

slickwilly13
14-Nov-2007, 03:28 PM
Do some pushups and you'll feel better.

CornishCorpse
14-Nov-2007, 08:16 PM
DeadJonas wow from the what youre saying I gues I am very lucky well if Sony loves me eventually they will wear me down. Those naughty japenese fu**kers, :lol:

Hellsing thats the replaced 360? Damn so much for me selling the console although game said they would give me 60 pounds for the console since its the base 360 but damn. 60 quid for a 360? If it doesnt start screwing around when I get it back. Hell check out resistance if youre running low on funds its nothing special but its really fun online plus world ranking and some nifty guns to go with plus places give a copy away with the console.

Danny
14-Nov-2007, 10:26 PM
yeah its not worth **** trading in i rang and got offered 70 for a premium.

no.thanks.

still, has anyone in the uk seen stores selling wii's?, everywere ive been from nottingham to birmingham have none, even the mom and pop style stores.

CornishCorpse
15-Nov-2007, 09:10 AM
They are still selling em down here, new shipment in today plus they have a fair few pre owned consoles floating around. Game is getting alot but christmas shopping is raping the console market so good luck. Ebay?

MinionZombie
15-Nov-2007, 09:52 AM
I remember distinctly a few months back at my nearest GameStation they had signs up in the window saying something like, "YES! We have Wii!" or something...I think they still have some in there when I was in last week getting a couple of games...

And is it just me, or do all employees there have to have strange sounding names? The last two times (okay, THE two times :D) I've been in there I've been served by someone with a really exotic name...or at least exotic for 'round these 'ere parts.

Danny
15-Nov-2007, 01:56 PM
in gamestation they put nicknames on the reiepts like "you have been served by THE SAUCE" or "you have been served by THE UNDERTAKER":lol: