PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Classics to be added to Live Arcade

CoinReturn
13-Nov-2007, 05:40 PM
As part of the Fall Xbox Dashboard update, they are putting up some classic titles up:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175527

December 4 is the date you'll need to watch out for; that's the day you'll be able to download and play Halo. Yes, Halo as in the Xbox game, through Marketplace, on your Xbox 360. Isn't technology great!

Microsoft is introducing games it has published for the original Xbox on XBL Marketplace, with the eventual plan to bring as much of the back catalogue across as possible. Third party games will also be available to 'demand'.

Games cost about 1200 Microsoft points (about ten quid), which according to us puts them a little over what you'd pay for them second hand.

The initial list of downloads includes Halo, Fable, Fahrenheit, Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and Burnout 3. All good then, apart from maybe Crash.

Also, Europe will finally be getting the movies on demand service, which Americans have been enjoying for quite a while. Good news all around! I'll definetly be picking up Halo, Fable and Fahrenheit. I hope they release Shenmue II, with achievements, of course :D

capncnut
13-Nov-2007, 05:57 PM
I hope they release Shenmue II, with achievements, of course :D
That smoked me right outta my dungeon! Hell yeah to Shenmue II. They should release the first one on the Marketplace as well. Crumbs, what would the achievements be? There are so many to ponder...

But Halo and Fahrenheit are bought right off the bat.

Danny
13-Nov-2007, 08:39 PM
ive got shenmue 2 allready ,they GOTTA release jet set radio on thar'.

CoinReturn
13-Nov-2007, 09:13 PM
I've got Shenmue II as well, but if they rendered it in 720p, had online leaderboards for the arcade games, and had achievements, I'd rebuy it for 10 bucks. Having a definitive version on my hard drive would be worth it. It would be nice if they added online play to Halo, but I don't think thats going to happen.

capncnut
13-Nov-2007, 09:58 PM
I've got Shenmue II as well, but if they rendered it in 720p, had online leaderboards for the arcade games, and had achievements, I'd rebuy it for 10 bucks. Having a definitive version on my hard drive would be worth it.
Hey, I got Shenmue II on the DC and Xbox but I'd definitely have that for my 360 with all the bells and whistles that you talk of. Plus there could be some serious reply value if the did the achievement thing: all journal entries unlocked, all photos, all arcade machines beat, flawless QTE's, complete capsule toy collections, bad ending, X miles walked, etc. Man, they would have to give you at least 50 points for defeating that Tomato Convenience store chick alone. :cool:

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2007, 04:05 PM
Whoaaa, that's awesome news!

They better add in online multi for Halo. I've always wanted to play Hang Em High via internet!!!