PDA

View Full Version : great cities of the world...

Mike70
17-Nov-2007, 03:27 AM
put up your 5 candidates.

not in any particular order

toronto
san francisco
london
new york
sydney

been to all 5 of these. would gladly live in anyone of them. although i am a little biased towards toronto.

Neil
22-Nov-2007, 12:06 PM
put up your 5 candidates.

not in any particular order

toronto
san francisco
london
new york
sydney

been to all 5 of these. would gladly live in anyone of them. although i am a little biased towards toronto.

Didn't really get into Sydney, apart from the climate obviously...

Mike70
22-Nov-2007, 03:08 PM
Didn't really get into Sydney, apart from the climate obviously...

i have always been a big australiophile (did i just invent a word?). my family almost emigrated there when i was 10. sadly that didn't happen. i have always loved all things australian.

Dommm
22-Nov-2007, 03:38 PM
London
Cairo
Dubai
St Pauls
Manchester

MikePizzoff
22-Nov-2007, 04:12 PM
I've never left the country... and I haven't even been to every city in this country...

-Toronto (top choice)
-Chicago
-Boston
-New Orleans (close second)
-Los Angeles (never been)

Neil
23-Nov-2007, 09:01 AM
I've been to Toronto, but it was late and night and basically just went in, ate, and left...

Why have you guys put Toronto over Vancouver?

wyvern1096
25-Nov-2007, 05:07 PM
I've never left North America but I've seen most of Canada and the USA.

No particular order:

best:

Vancouver
Toronto
Sacramento, CA
Tuscon, AZ
Austin, TX

Worst

Newark, NJ
Gary, In
Jersey City, Nj
Miami, FL
Detriot, MI

kortick
25-Nov-2007, 06:13 PM
New York-love a place like that; drugs, hookers and food all day and night
New Orleans- i was told I would die if I moved there shortly after
Montreal- great place on New years eve never kissed so many french people
Lima, Peru- the Inca ruins were amazing in peru
San Mateo- just outside san fransico really beautiful, an ex girl lives there

i hated spain it was dirty
Japan drove me nuts cuz the people all stood right on top of you
Cairo was hot and gross
west africa was like hell on earth-Guinea Bisseau 115+ degrees every day

I still plan on coming to london
my friend went and i was supposed to go but
I had a small problem with the local law

soon enough Ill come. I make it a point
to get arrested or at least
annoy the law. I am banned from
Rutland, Vermont for life. no sense
of humor I found out there.

Tricky
25-Nov-2007, 08:11 PM
i have always loved all things australian.

Including neighbours??:eek::confused: just kidding.

Personally i wouldnt live in a city,i dont mind visiting them but to actually live somewhere i would prefer the countryside.
Also i dont see the attraction of london,its a dump full of ignorant/arrogant/im so great arseholes in my experience!

I stayed in amsterdam a couple of days last weekend,our hotel was in the middle of the red light district,you see some rare sights there i can tell you :p

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2007, 09:53 PM
*high five for London hatred*! :cool: *BAM!*

I'm likewise enclined, while not very good at the whole countryside walking and rambling thing, I don't dig living in a city. I like the skies to be black at night, not orange. I like the quiet too.

I lived in Norwich for 3 years when I was at university and liked it a lot, but it's like half city, half countryside so it was like best of both worlds.

But I just can't stand London, as I've stated at length beforehand. It's just not me in the slightest...the only way I'd ever live there is if I was loaded and could afford to live somewhere posh, and had somebody to drive/bike me around to film sets...and even then, I'd have to get the hell out fairly regularly and go somewhere quiet and comparatively remote.

Khardis
25-Nov-2007, 11:46 PM
New York
Hong Kong
Tokyo
Boston
Chengdu

Mike70
26-Nov-2007, 03:22 AM
I've been to Toronto, but it was late and night and basically just went in, ate, and left...

Why have you guys put Toronto over Vancouver?

one reason is that vancouver is expensive (as north america goes) as all bat crap. then there is just something about toronto that makes me say "frak me, this has to be the greatest place anywhere on earth."
we go there at least once every single year (usually when we go to london to visit the wife's folks for christmas) for at least a week and if we go up for the odd visit during the year, i make sure that we make it over to toronto.

Personally i wouldnt live in a city,i dont mind visiting them but to actually live somewhere i would prefer the countryside.

i'm just the opposite. i live in a small town right now out in the middle of nowhere and there are times when i am think i am going to go all bat sheyat because of it. to say that i hate living out here would be the grandest understament of the last 12 centuries.

i see nothing redeeming in small towns or the country at all.

Neil
26-Nov-2007, 08:09 AM
one reason is that vancouver is expensive (as north america goes) as all bat crap. then there is just something about toronto that makes me say "frak me, this has to be the greatest place anywhere on earth."
we go there at least once every single year (usually when we go to london to visit the wife's folks for christmas) for at least a week and if we go up for the odd visit during the year, i make sure that we make it over to toronto.

i'm just the opposite. i live in a small town right now out in the middle of nowhere and there are times when i am think i am going to go all bat sheyat because of it. to say that i hate living out here would be the grandest understament of the last 12 centuries.

i see nothing redeeming in small towns or the country at all.

You need to go to Auckland then :)

It feels like a city centre, then you take 100 steps and you're out of it :)

It's tiny :)

_liam_
26-Nov-2007, 03:57 PM
of the places i've been to...

1. London
2. New York
3. Dublin
4. Cardiff (yeah there's nothing there but it's a top place to get drunk)
5. Copenhagen
6. Nice (shut up! i really like it)
7. Birmingham (nothing beats a pissed up night of metal in brum)

Paris is overrated imo. i stayed in a swish hotel when i was there, had an excellent view of the city - the coolest thing about paris is that you can actually see the neon glow of the red light district at night & from a great height. otherwise i thought it was boring & a bit dirty. has cool stuff like jim morrison's grave and the catacombs, but otherwise meh

MinionZombie
26-Nov-2007, 04:30 PM
Ugh, yeah I wasn't enamoured with Paris either. I too thought it was a bit rough, a bit smelly and a bit dirty...plus I got nothing but snooty looks from the locals, acting right arsey. Plus I felt like I was about to be pick-pocketed any second.

27-Nov-2007, 01:16 AM
Verona
Mantova
Amsterdam
New York Forkin' City
Milan

and an honorable mention for Cleveland,
home of the Steamer:moon:

acealive1
27-Nov-2007, 01:36 AM
ones that i've been to..... in terms of sheer enjoyment,jobs,dating, etc

Los Angeles,CA
Las Vegas,NV
Fort Wayne,IN
Columbus,OH
Orlando,FL
Center Line,MI
Findlay,OH

Mike70
27-Nov-2007, 02:31 AM
ones that i've been to..... in terms of sheer enjoyment,jobs,dating, etc

Los Angeles,CA
Las Vegas,NV
Fort Wayne,IN
Columbus,OH
Orlando,FL
Center Line,MI
Findlay,OH

Findlay!!!??? Columbus??? did the you hook up with the doublemint twins in these places or what dude?:lol:

mista_mo
11-Dec-2007, 02:11 PM
Vancouver is a nice place, but the cost of living is ridiculous. toronto is still expensive as all hell, but it's alot cheaper, and for a large city, is actually quite nice.

I prefer Ottawa however.

never been outside of Canada before, but I i've always wanted to visit New York.

SymphonicX
11-Dec-2007, 02:19 PM
Rio de Janeiro
Venice
London
Rome
Belgium