PDA

View Full Version : Night 1990

Skippy911sc
19-Nov-2007, 02:38 AM
I was just watching this again and noticed something...

One thing is that there was a power saw in the upstairs bedroom...this would make removing the stairs a lot easier...

also...

When been retreats to the basement...there is power down there...the light work even though the stenches tore apart the meter...Just thought I would mention this...not sure if it has been discussed before.

acealive1
19-Nov-2007, 02:55 AM
I was just watching this again and noticed something...

One thing is that there was a power saw in the upstairs bedroom...this would make removing the stairs a lot easier...

also...

When been retreats to the basement...there is power down there...the light work even though the stenches tore apart the meter...Just thought I would mention this...not sure if it has been discussed before.

thats an odd fact. damn, weird hmm? i never thought of that.

sandrock74
19-Nov-2007, 04:12 AM
I never thought of the light working in the basement either. It was a light right? Not a candle or something? And Ben turned on the radio too. I do remember a fade out...
I'll have to watch it again.

acealive1
19-Nov-2007, 04:22 AM
I never thought of the light working in the basement either. It was a light right? Not a candle or something? And Ben turned on the radio too. I do remember a fade out...
I'll have to watch it again.

radio had batteries for sure. and yea that was a light cuz i remember him pulling the cord.

Eyebiter
19-Nov-2007, 07:52 AM
For that matter if there was electricity and a power drill - rather than try to hammer boards into place use carpenter screws instead. 20 seconds for each... wouldn't take long to secure the windows. Also the door that Coopers kid was laying on. They should have brought a mattress down from upstairs for her. Could have used that extra oak door to cover the back kitchen door with the broken window.

19-Nov-2007, 08:27 AM
GAR movies are like documentaries on what NOT to do if you want to stay alive.

Legion2213
20-Nov-2007, 12:24 AM
GAR movies are like documentaries on what NOT to do if you want to stay alive.

Amen! :D

acealive1
20-Nov-2007, 12:28 AM
Amen! :D

only the mall thing wasnt a bad idea. they just didnt think beyond the 4th wall. the smart thing to do would have been seal the hallway completely from the rest of the mall instead of just sealing it at the doors.

Legion2213
20-Nov-2007, 12:36 AM
only the mall thing wasnt a bad idea. they just didnt think beyond the 4th wall. the smart thing to do would have been seal the hallway completely from the rest of the mall instead of just sealing it at the doors.

They started off well in the mall. Cleared the place out, barricaded the entrance etc, but as you say, the flimsy wall wasn't up to much when they could have easily bricked it up.

They seemed to lose focus after that and decided that listening to spanish guitar music whilst drinking, playing cards and going shopping was a better use of their time.

MikePizzoff
20-Nov-2007, 01:51 AM
They seemed to lose focus after that and decided that listening to spanish guitar music whilst drinking, playing cards and going shopping was a better use of their time.

:lol: Wouldn't we all?

acealive1
20-Nov-2007, 02:16 AM
They started off well in the mall. Cleared the place out, barricaded the entrance etc, but as you say, the flimsy wall wasn't up to much when they could have easily bricked it up.

yeah. i woulda put a wall up like they did at the end of the hall way instead of by the doors. then put a brick wall behind it like u said. THEN put a wall where they had it originally. they woulda never been found.

Trin
20-Nov-2007, 02:38 AM
I guess I have to go a little easy on the Dawn crew with the wall thing. They built it to present an illusion, not a barricade.

They did become complacent after a while, but what can you expect? They were alone, grieving, had no outside contact, and the zombies were not getting in. Everything seemed under control.

SRP76
20-Nov-2007, 02:48 AM
I was always just shocked that the power remained on for months on end. Even if the power plant was running on full auto, you'd think numerous poles would have been smashed down by panicked traffic in the early days of the outbreak.

Just one pole going down along the line to the mall, and it's game over.

Dead Hoosier
20-Nov-2007, 03:15 AM
"Could be nuclear"

Redge777
20-Nov-2007, 03:16 AM

This was AceAlive1 avatar at the time of my post.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x90/DerekHalfhand/icon.jpg

If by dumass you mean

The Count of Monte Cristo (French: Le Comte de Monte-Cristo) by Alexandre Dumas

Then I might have to agree, just for sake of disclosure. It would be dishonest to not admit I still fight urges of vengeance, but I try and live above that and only expose what I know for the sake of defeating secrecy and those that use deception.

I agree that thinking outside the box is very important.

DubiousComforts
20-Nov-2007, 03:35 AM
I agree that thinking outside the box is very important.
You sure know how to kill a thread quick.

Redge777
20-Nov-2007, 03:41 AM
You sure know how to kill a thread quick.

Most people know that what information is first put in front of people is the most seen and thought on. This is why not commenting is the first choice to an unwinnable argument.

Actually all forums are constructed this way, the thoughts that inspire bickering are always on top, so deep conversation is not put in front of the population. And the population is kept fighting among itself.

Those that already knew what I was saying is true, will usually not respond, to let the outbreak focus on some moving elite elsewhere. (from there perspective)

DubiousComforts
21-Nov-2007, 05:55 AM
Most people know that what information is first put in front of people is the most seen and thought on. This is why not commenting is the first choice to an unwinnable argument.

Actually all forums are constructed this way, the thoughts that inspire bickering are always on top, so deep conversation is not put in front of the population. And the population is kept fighting among itself.

Those that already knew what I was saying is true, will usually not respond, to let the outbreak focus on some moving elite elsewhere. (from there perspective)
Look, your posts may have the verisimilitude of "deep meaning," but in reality, you're not even utilizing correct grammar. In plain English, you're fooling no one.

So by all means, keep patting yourself on the back in your crusade to create confusion. I predict that you are on the fast track to being banned.

acealive1
21-Nov-2007, 06:00 AM
Look, your posts may have the verisimilitude of "deep meaning," but in realty, you're not even utilizing correct grammar. In plain English, you're fooling no one.

So by all means, keep patting yourself on the back in your crusade to create confusion. I predict that you are on the fast track to being banned.

damn,he's new here and already trying to seen smarter than us.:lol::lol:

clanglee
21-Nov-2007, 08:22 AM

Geeze, I dearly hope so. :bored:

Redge777
21-Nov-2007, 09:55 AM
Look, your posts may have the verisimilitude of "deep meaning," but in reality, you're not even utilizing correct grammar. In plain English, you're fooling no one.

By correct grammar I assume you mean that I do not have all the symbolism correct. That is because I am not an elite, and only know a little. I do not consider knowledge kept hidden to define intelligence. And I do not wish to create confusion, only try and get people to consider a different perspective.

I am not trying to fool anyone, nor do I have any connections or affiliations as I said before. Fooling is the agenda I attempt to expose.

As far as banned, there are many corners of the Internet, some I was granted entry into, very interesting they are, however most have removed me. By the way these sites are not found on Google, very interesting indeed. Looks like the two tier Internet is well in place.

21-Nov-2007, 04:36 PM
As far as banned, there are many corners of the Internet, some I was granted entry into, very interesting they are, however most have removed me.

really?

By the way these sites are not found on Google, very interesting indeed.

type livind dead fan site in your google bar and this little corner of the net is the first result.

Redge777
21-Nov-2007, 04:43 PM
really?

type livind dead fan site in your google bar and this little corner of the net is the first result.

I wasn't speaking of this site as not google-able.

On a side note, 7734 have you ever typed your name in a calculator and looked at it upside down :)

sandrock74
22-Nov-2007, 04:59 PM
OK, this post has lost me a loooooong time ago.

ProfessorChaos
25-Nov-2007, 02:56 AM
yeah....night of the living dead 1990 sure was a good film:D

Skippy911sc
25-Nov-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah....night of the living dead 1990 sure was a good film:D

Thanks for vringing it back from the hijackers

:D

Yojimbo
25-Nov-2007, 09:43 PM
By correct grammar I assume you mean that I do not have all the symbolism correct. That is because I am not an elite, and only know a little. I do not consider knowledge kept hidden to define intelligence. And I do not wish to create confusion, only try and get people to consider a different perspective.

I am not trying to fool anyone, nor do I have any connections or affiliations as I said before. Fooling is the agenda I attempt to expose.

As far as banned, there are many corners of the Internet, some I was granted entry into, very interesting they are, however most have removed me. By the way these sites are not found on Google, very interesting indeed. Looks like the two tier Internet is well in place.

Dubious, I got your back, homeboy.

Please Redge, you need to seriously chill out with that stuff.

Perhaps you got banned from other sites because you annoy and antagonize people with your posts. As I have said before, you are merely ostracizing folks with your agenda, not converting anyone to your beliefs and you are certainly not making any friends.

In looking over your posts, I wonder if you realize how you are coming off to others. Is this what you intend?

Presumably, you have joined this site to discuss zombie films with others who enjoy zombie films, maybe make some friends. I assume that you did not join merely to make enemies or get banned. So please chill out before everyone puts you on ignore or you get banned.

My apologizes to the board for my digression from the Night 90 thread.

DubiousComforts
25-Nov-2007, 09:50 PM
Dubious, I got your back, homeboy.

Please Redge, you need to seriously chill out with that stuff.
Thanks, Yojimbo.

Redge seems to have calmed down a bit, though I don't what the devil he was thinking in this thread (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=8784).

Yojimbo
25-Nov-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks, Yojimbo.

Redge seems to have calmed down a bit, though I don't what the devil he was thinking in this thread (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=8784).

Yeah, brother, there's room for all of us here (even those who are slightly off) and I hate to see anyone get ignored or banned.

For what it's worth, though, I don't know what's up with that particular post, but I guess that's not important as long as everyone is cool here.

AcesandEights
25-Nov-2007, 10:21 PM
I think you guys are just feeding into this fellow's desire for attention (negative or otherwise) and at the risk of doing the same, I'd hope you wouldn't help him derail future threads :skull:

Sorry for the sanctimonious editorializing on my part :)

Yojimbo
25-Nov-2007, 11:45 PM
I think you guys are just feeding into this fellow's desire for attention (negative or otherwise) and at the risk of doing the same, I'd hope you wouldn't help him derail future threads :skull:

True that, Aces. As always, your input is right on and very much appreciated!

clanglee
26-Nov-2007, 06:03 AM

Word!!

ProfessorChaos
26-Nov-2007, 07:25 AM
so, yeah, that night 1990....what a great movie, huh?

i really wish that they'd made it a bit more graphic.

clanglee
26-Nov-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I totally agree. With Savini at the helm, you would expect more gore. Ahh well, still a good movie.

Legion2213
26-Nov-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. With Savini at the helm, you would expect more gore. Ahh well, still a good movie.

Excellent movie IMO. I enjoy Night 1990 every time I watch it.

Tony Todd steals the show with his portrayal of Ben...absolutely first class.

bassman
26-Nov-2007, 04:24 PM
Tony Todd steals the show with his portrayal of Ben...absolutely first class.

Yeah, definitely.

It makes me wonder if what Savini says about him in the documentary is true. Something along the lines of Savini giving Todd the script, he goes into the hallway, and then comes back and performs a scene with tears in his eyes.

acealive1
26-Nov-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, definitely.

It makes me wonder if what Savini says about him in the documentary is true. Something along the lines of Savini giving Todd the script, he goes into the hallway, and then comes back and performs a scene with tears in his eyes.

anyone who can remember a script in like 5 minutes is golden

ProfessorChaos
26-Nov-2007, 06:22 PM
all the actors were very convincing....except maybe the girl who played judy, all she really did was scream...

the music was great at parts, but i can see where some selections leave people kinda revolted.

still coulda used a bit more of the old ultra-violence, i say.:elol:

acealive1
26-Nov-2007, 06:55 PM
all the actors were very convincing....except maybe the girl who played judy, all she really did was scream...

the music was great at parts, but i can see where some selections leave people kinda revolted.

still coulda used a bit more of the old ultra-violence, i say.:elol:

and shes the one thats still very much in demand in terms of roles in big things which is ironic

Uncle Rege
31-Jan-2009, 11:42 PM
I've not seen anybody answer the true subject of the post so i will attempt to do so. True, the power is lost due to a zombie tearing through the incoming line, and all power to the house is lost. When Ben finds his way to the cellar, the light you see is from a coleman type gas lantern(which is able to be seen the entire movie hanging from a beam), and a battery op. radio. These are not movie mistakes. NOW for the movie mistake i've not seen listed: After the power has gone out, Ben & Cooper shoot it out, bla bla bla, there is a scene where they show zombies playing in the back yard (eating worms, mice, beating uncle rege with satchels hand, etc) there is a small shed (privy?) which has a light above the door which is still lit. More then likely this was powered from the main incoming line as well, and should have been out.