PDA

View Full Version : Got a new XBOX 360

MikePizzoff
19-Nov-2007, 04:32 PM
Well I took my broken 360 to GameStop to trade in, hoping they wouldn't plug it into a TV and see that it didn't send any visual signal. But the guy plugged it in, of course, and the audio was playing but no picture was showing up. So he looked at me and said "Hm, that's weird, it works though, right?" and was about to give me $150 for it... then his manager came out from the back room and was like "what the hell? No, try it again". And the red lights started flashing. So I got kind of upset and said "just give me whatever you can, I definitely don't want that thing now" ... so I got $50 for it. :mad:

I went over to Best Buy and bought the XBOX 360 Arcade (since I still have my old hard drive) for $280 and got a 2 year warranty on it for only $40. So... I'M BACK IN BUSINESS AND ADDICTED TO GUITAR HERO III!!!!!!

MinionZombie
19-Nov-2007, 06:15 PM
Welcome back to the fold.

How come they'd buy a unit which doesn't work for 50 bucks though?

Ooh, this reminds me, last time I was in GameStation buying a couple more pre-owned games, some shady chav came into the shop, either with a hoody hood up ... or just loads of hair ... didn't wanna look directly at him, I might have caught a chav infection or something. :lol:

Anyway, he had a bag with a 360 shoved in it and was like 'do you pay cash for these?', and the bloke said only store credit, and the chav - gutted out - asked why, and it was 'cos we have loads of them already' AKA they flat out knew it was half-inched from some poor bugger.

The chav with the massive hair/hoody hood skulked out and they all laughed at him.

My kinda store. :D

Oh and hellsing, was it Brian Blessed who did the voice over for the GameStation "PRE-OWNED AT GAMESTATION!!!" advert last Xmas?

Danny
20-Nov-2007, 04:46 AM
aye sir that it was.

****ING. LEGEND.:lol:

DeadJonas190
20-Nov-2007, 08:28 PM
How come they'd buy a unit which doesn't work for 50 bucks though?

The answer is simple, they will send it in to be repaired under the red ring of death warranty extension and then sell it for $200 so in the end they make $150 out of the deal.

As to you Mike, welcome back to the world of gaming.

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2007, 09:26 PM
Ahhhhh I see, they're being sneaky eh...ooooooh. :shifty:

MikePizzoff
20-Nov-2007, 09:52 PM
The answer is simple, they will send it in to be repaired under the red ring of death warranty extension and then sell it for $200 so in the end they make $150 out of the deal.

As to you Mike, welcome back to the world of gaming.

Right, the sad thing is some poor sod, that doesn't know better than to buy a used 360, is going to eventually end up with my refurbished system only to more-than-likely have it break on them shortly after.

DAMN YOU TO HELL, MICROSOFT!!!!

Thanks, Jonas. I need to add you to my friends list.

CoinReturn
20-Nov-2007, 10:08 PM
Mike, if you see me on Live and I'm playing Guitar Hero III, hit me up, we'll jam a few songs.