PDA

View Full Version : Terry Nation's Survivors to be remade

_liam_
22-Nov-2007, 03:21 PM
So says ceefax page 501...

For once, this is a show that could benefit from a makeover.

If you do not know what this show was, YOU ARE NOT A TR00 GEEK!

apparently the lead actor in this show (who was the main guy in zombie flesh eaters) was so profoundly affected by the making of the show, he now lives in isolation as a subsistence farmer - YES.

Legion2213
22-Nov-2007, 03:37 PM
They used to show that on UK gold, I want to pick up the original series 1-3, but they are £40 a hit....:(

I'm always weary of remakes (for obvious reasons). But Neo-Battlestar Galactica has forced me to change my opinion...sometimes the remakes can be massively superior to the original.

Mike70
22-Nov-2007, 03:39 PM
loved this show. i have only seen the first season. i had to download it because i don't know if it has ever been released in anyway over here.

great, great post-apocolyptic show.

i started to dislike the main cast members after they killed poor barney.:(

Legion2213
22-Nov-2007, 03:45 PM
I believe that "Z for Zachariah" is another 70's PA story that is up for a revamp.

Hell, I'll watch any PA movies/series anyways, I've even watched "Damnation Alley" a few times. :D

Mike70
22-Nov-2007, 04:13 PM
I've even watched "Damnation Alley" a few times. :D

i've actually got that on video:shifty:

_liam_
26-Nov-2007, 12:18 AM
if you guys like this try "Threads" and "The Last Train", similarly bleak british
apocalypse dramas ;)

dunno if anyone's into doctor who here, but terry nation also invented the daleks and wrote a few doctor who serials, including one where the daleks invade earth after a plague decimates the population. apparently the plague in survivors is meant to be that plague...

er..so there you go

edit - Blakes 7 (also by the same writer) is also good, it's very low budget, but the early episodes are like a super bleak british star wars

Legion2213
26-Nov-2007, 12:45 AM
Threads...grim grim grim! I was only young when I first saw that, totally ruined my fantasies of easily surviving a nuclear war and living a Mad Max kind of life-style. :(

The Last Train was much maligned by the critics, I actually enjoyed it and would buy it on DVD if they released it.

Oh and even though I have never been a Dr Who fan, the Daleks are fukin ace!