before someone else gets to it:

KW2J_UZ8lQU

rock out witcha cox out...

Minerva_Zombi
26-Nov-2007, 08:54 PM
lol, quiet riot sucks

ProfessorChaos
26-Nov-2007, 09:03 PM
well, yeah, they're no pink floyd, probably not even a bee gees, but that song has a life of its own.

edit: while i'm on a gnarly 80's hairband kick, here's some poison:

eQSttoK3EFw

enjoy....if you're old enough.

MikePizzoff
26-Nov-2007, 09:15 PM
Why did you post Cum On Feel The Noize when Kevin Dubrow just passed away? They absolutely hated that song (and it's not a good song, either) and were forced by their manager and producer to record it. They recorded it for their Metal Health album without even practicing it and it somehow became a hit, even though they couldn't stand it. That song is the reason most people don't like them... because it's not a good song.

RIP Kevin! BANG YOUR HEAD, BROTHER!

since I couldn't find the video for Metal Health, I'll just post this clip of a pic of them with the song playing...
q3oeGwq9Qy0

acealive1
26-Nov-2007, 09:19 PM
lol, quiet riot sucks

and someones gonna piss on your grave when you die too.

slickwilly13
26-Nov-2007, 09:51 PM
and someones gonna piss on your grave when you die too.

No Sh!t. Quiet Riot Rocks!!!

PJoseph
26-Nov-2007, 10:38 PM
Quiet Riot rules.

ngm231
26-Nov-2007, 10:49 PM
dude that f***ing sucks thats the band that got me into metal.

MikePizzoff
26-Nov-2007, 11:25 PM
dude that f***ing sucks thats the band that got me into metal.

Off topic, but, I think you may be our youngest member of the forums! Good to see you're not only into GAR at the age of 14, but also metal!

Minerva_Zombi
27-Nov-2007, 06:58 AM
metal sucks. lol

_liam_
27-Nov-2007, 08:53 AM
metal sucks. lol

don't you even start

what was that bloody band you like again?

lol oh yeah

How about KoRn? The band that single handedly revolutionized and saved metal music in the 90's. When rock music was all clones of Nirvana and Mudhoney. KoRn came out with a new and interesting genre of metal. They saved metal.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/sweetafton23/Products/LMAO.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
27-Nov-2007, 11:48 AM
RIP Kevin. Metal Health was one of my favorite Rock albums. I still have it on CD and I really need to give it a listen today.

AcesandEights
27-Nov-2007, 01:01 PM
Like most metal, Quiet Riot had a good helping of cheese in it. Good stuff and some great contributions to, and fodder for, the pop hive-mind.

R.I.P., sir.

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2007, 05:57 PM
metal sucks. lol

Everyone has their own tastes and opinions. Your musical opinion is obviously not valid to a good portion of the regular members here.

Now, go listen to U2. :barf:

Minerva_Zombi
27-Nov-2007, 06:22 PM
U2, Echo and The Bunnymen, Death Cab For Cutie, Cold War Kids, White Stripes, Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, XTC, Silverchair, R.E.M, The Cure, The Smiths, among others. THATS music.

bassman
27-Nov-2007, 07:14 PM
U2, Echo and The Bunnymen, Death Cab For Cutie, Cold War Kids, White Stripes, Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, XTC, Silverchair, R.E.M, The Cure, The Smiths, among others. THATS music.

Dude...come on. I wouldn't classify as a fan of "metal", but to say that it down right "sucks" or that it doesn't classify as music is pretty pathetic and close-minded. People have their own opinions and you shouldn't be so quick to judge.

For instance....I hate Korn. You like Korn. I absoultely love Silverchair. You like Silverchair. I hate the White Stripes. You like them. To categorize music into certain genres or tastes is ridiculous. Go with what you like and respect the opinion's around you.

Hell, I'm a HUGE fan of 311(obviously) and Dave Matthews Band. I'm pretty sure I'm the only member here that likes 311 and the only other member that likes DMB is dmbfanintn. Do people rag on us because of our preferences? Nope.....they keep an open mind.

That being said......I'm not a fan of Quiet Riot, but I know alot of people were and this is a sad day for them, I'm sure. Just the fact that they had fans meant something. Sorry for the loss, guys.

Minerva_Zombi
27-Nov-2007, 07:31 PM
okay, not all metal sucks but... i guess i just grew out of that kinda stuff a while ago. i like some but, i just don't get it anymore.

_liam_
27-Nov-2007, 08:20 PM
okay, not all metal sucks but... i guess i just grew out of that kinda stuff a while ago. i like some but, i just don't get it anymore.

aye but metal doesnt suck. death cab for cutie suck, and instead of them you should have said joy division or the velvet underground

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2007, 09:01 PM
Hell, I'm a HUGE fan of 311(obviously) and Dave Matthews Band. I'm pretty sure I'm the only member here that likes 311 and the only other member that likes DMB is dmbfanintn. Do people rag on us because of our preferences? Nope.....they keep an open mind.

Actually, I'm going to start ragging on you over DMB!!! :D

bassman
27-Nov-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, I'm going to start ragging on you over DMB!!! :D

Two words: Carter Beauford. One of the greatest drummers alive...

Mutineer
27-Nov-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree

Open your mind. To this day, I have listened to everything; metal, glam, alternative, new wave, punk, funk, soul ....

If it has a good groove, I'm into it.

clanglee
27-Nov-2007, 10:56 PM
Ick!! I'm staying outta this one. I'd be wholly outnumbered.

AcesandEights
27-Nov-2007, 11:26 PM
Metal is just as ridiculous, just as capable of being decent, just as guilty of pandering, just as possible of spawning cool, thoughtful music as many of the other music rooted in youth movements, and that includes the likes of emo, punk and all the shades of pop.

I just find metal funny. As long as people realize that it's mostly pastiches, over-the-top 'mad at my parents and the world' crap, melodrama, histrionics and posing, then that's okay. Personally, I think John Denver had more street cred than a lot of metal musicians :p

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2007, 11:55 PM
I just find metal funny. As long as people realize that it's mostly pastiches, over-the-top 'mad at my parents and the world' crap, melodrama, histrionics and posing, then that's okay. Personally, I think John Denver had more street cred than a lot of metal musicians :p

Seems like you've pretty much only heard metal bands that have been on the radio, to me...

DubiousComforts
28-Nov-2007, 12:08 AM
So how long will it take for you to grow out of Korn, The White Stripes, etc.? Those "artists" create fads moreso than actually creating music.

And even if you don't like Quiet Riot musically (I don't particularly like them), you can recognize what they contributed to the pop metal genre and show some respect for the vocalist passing away.

_liam_
28-Nov-2007, 12:34 AM
white stripes are good but ultimately it's just the pixies with a more bluesy edge.

i dont think all metal is ridiculous in a spinal tap/alice cooper way.

youve got famous bands like alice in chains, deftones, tool, nine inch nails, sunn o))) etc who are metal but dont dress like wrestlers or have beards & long hair or whatever

DubiousComforts
28-Nov-2007, 01:10 AM
youve got famous bands like alice in chains, deftones, tool, nine inch nails, sunn o))) etc who are metal but dont dress like wrestlers or have beards & long hair or whatever
But they still have a "look," and the look is about all that they have to offer. Twenty years ago, rock stars were skinny guys with long hair; now the only rock stars that are considered "cool" look like skinhead construction workers/bouncers. There is nothing new about metal since Van Halen and Metallica, only the way that it dresses and is packaged.

Early metal like Black Sabbath and especially Iron Maiden were all about rebellion through being able to play your instrument like a muthaf**ker. Iron Maiden had a "look," but it was always done tongue-in-cheek and was only used to further the music.

_liam_
28-Nov-2007, 02:03 AM
But they still have a "look," and the look is about all that they have to offer. Twenty years ago, rock stars were skinny guys with long hair; now the only rock stars that are considered "cool" look like skinhead construction workers/bouncers. There is nothing new about metal since Van Halen and Metallica, only the way that it dresses and is packaged.

Early metal like Black Sabbath and especially Iron Maiden were all about rebellion through being able to play your instrument like a muthaf**ker. Iron Maiden had a "look," but it was always done tongue-in-cheek and was only used to further the music.

well i buy some of that, and yet i dont.

firstly i think those bands all have more to offer than just a look! nine inch nails in particular are a notable band in the history of pop music, let alone metal.

i dunno about the skinhead/bouncer thing either, if you look at the big metal bands at the moment - lamb of god, mastodon, trivium, dragonforce etc they dont really fit that bill.

and while i agree metal has ground to a halt, i think personally it ground to a halt after pantera's 5th major label album.

Mike70
28-Nov-2007, 06:25 PM
opens the door for a peak. sees things heating up.

i will throw some sticks on the fire:
i would rather listen to quiet riot 72 hours straight than have to sit through one song by any of the following bubblegum bands: fall out boy, green day, panic at the disco, the fray, all-american rejects, taking back sunday. all poppy crap.

now as for metal-some of the metal from the 80s/early 90s is quite good, even great: iron maiden, slayer, anthrax, testament, death, mercyful fate, metallica (before cliff burton's disagreement with a bus and gravity),violence, exodus, overkill, kreator-all rocked in their day.

i cannot stand what passes for metal these days. it sounds like industrial machinery with a dude desperately in need of a bran muffin and some exlax vocalizing over said machine sounds. these bands are doing nothing that death, kreator, and celtic frost didn't do 20 years-and far, far better than the folks today at that.

this thread is starting look as if it will provide quite a bit of entertainment before it burns out.

closes door again

_liam_
28-Nov-2007, 07:35 PM
hey, i can completely derail this thread with one blow, such is the power of METAL.

watch

http://www.italianhost.org/public/imagehost/pics/d6487ecefe89ca67dec61db03a46a7cd.gif

Mike70
28-Nov-2007, 08:29 PM
dear god! it's a samark-run for your frakking lives! quick throw redge777 to the samark that'll slow him down! or maybe bore him to death.

MikePizzoff
28-Nov-2007, 08:59 PM
opens the door for a peak. sees things heating up.

i will throw some sticks on the fire:
i would rather listen to quiet riot 72 hours straight than have to sit through one song by any of the following bubblegum bands: fall out boy, green day, panic at the disco, the fray, all-american rejects, taking back sunday. all poppy crap.

now as for metal-some of the metal from the 80s/early 90s is quite good, even great: iron maiden, slayer, anthrax, testament, death, mercyful fate, metallica (before cliff burton's disagreement with a bus and gravity),violence, exodus, overkill, kreator-all rocked in their day.

i cannot stand what passes for metal these days. it sounds like industrial machinery with a dude desperately in need of a bran muffin and some exlax vocalizing over said machine sounds. these bands are doing nothing that death, kreator, and celtic frost didn't do 20 years-and far, far better than the folks today at that.

this thread is starting look as if it will provide quite a bit of entertainment before it burns out.

closes door again

Dude, every band you named are fookin stellar. Especially Vio-Lence and Kreator.

If you haven't already seen it, you need to get the Vio-Lence documentary; it's seriously one of the best band documentaries I've ever seen put together... which is really impressive considering they're not a well known band, and never were, and the documentary was made of virtually no budget at all.

DubiousComforts
28-Nov-2007, 11:21 PM
http://www.italianhost.org/public/imagehost/pics/d6487ecefe89ca67dec61db03a46a7cd.gif
Jesus Christ, what have you done?!

metallica (before cliff burton's disagreement with a bus and gravity)
This is sooo wrong.

acealive1
29-Nov-2007, 01:36 AM
metallica (before cliff burton's disagreement with a bus and gravity)

*tries to hold in laugh*

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

kortick
29-Nov-2007, 04:03 AM
god i cant believe you know of vio-lence
i hung out with those guys

i am even in the dedications on one of thier albums
its to RI Ray and the antichrist

they called me the antichrist cuz i wore a huge cross
those days and was a metal head

i drove to new york and hung with them while they
recorded their album
they were cool guys and they rocked

i remember the bass player (i think his name was dean)
started playing juniors eyes by black sabbath when he
heard me singing it while i stared out the window
at the snow falling. it was wham all of a sudden hes
playing that geezer butler riff. way cool

i still find metal to really be awesome
i like other stuff too, but there was nothing like
being at the iron maiden/judas priest concert
and hearing the trooper live then electric eye

merciful fate and venom played the smaller clubs
loved buried alive and mellisa

but RIP Kevin Dubrow
tell Randy Rhoads hello and fill him in on ozzys tv show

clanglee
29-Nov-2007, 08:25 AM
white stripes are good but ultimately it's just the pixies with a more bluesy edge.

Agreed. But the Pixies are my favorite band of all time, so I see that as no bad thing at all. White Stripes are pretty innovative on the side as well tho.

As far as the rest of this thread goes, just a little to Gromet for me, I'm out.

_liam_
29-Nov-2007, 11:13 AM

recorded their album

i still find metal to really be awesome
i like other stuff too, but there was nothing like
being at the iron maiden/judas priest concert
and hearing the trooper live then electric eye

merciful fate and venom played the smaller clubs
loved buried alive and mellisa

but RIP Kevin Dubrow
tell Randy Rhoads hello and fill him in on ozzys tv show

madness mate :eek: fair f*cking shout...

of course rob flynn and phil demmel are now in machinehead, who are a pretty huge, arena filling heavy metal band these days...

MikePizzoff
29-Nov-2007, 12:43 PM

recorded their album

Holy shiv, that's fackin awesome! Oppressing The Masses is my favorite album by them. Although, a lot of friends will yell at me because Eternal Nightmare seems to be the best among most people.

Mike70
29-Nov-2007, 05:51 PM

dude sean killian accidentally broke a pair of my glasses when i caught him stagediving at bogart's in cincinnati. though that is small potatoes compared to the time i was at the epicenter of one of chuck billy's dives.

that was before i started putting them in my pocket when i was up front or near the pit. went through 2 pair before i figured that one out...

click me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyABPskQl4

and me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfMe2DNXPRQ

MikePizzoff
29-Nov-2007, 08:19 PM
though that is small potatoes compared to the time i was at the epicenter of one of chuck billy's dives.

You gotta be a big dude. Chuck Billy would friggin squash anybody under 6'2 200lbs like a tomato.

Mike70
29-Nov-2007, 08:30 PM
You gotta be a big dude. Chuck Billy would friggin squash anybody under 6'2 200lbs like a tomato.

no i'm not. i am 5ft 8 and at the time would've weighed maybe 140. it was not pretty. i was almost squashed like a tomato. if not for the fact that there were a couple of other people brave enough (in my case stupid enough) to try and catch him, i probably would've ended up with a broken bone or two. as it was, i had the wind completely knocked out of me along with a sprained wrist and a nice cut on the chin. thankfully it was 1987 or 88 and chuck was a few pounds lighter then than he is now (aren't we all though).

all in all a perfect night out.:D:lol: