PDA

View Full Version : Evans City Cemetery and Monroeville 2007 pics

doubled77
26-Nov-2007, 07:50 PM
I'd like to share some pictures from my recent trip of the dead with you guys...
I have some memorabilias too that I'd like to trade...

So, see you soon in the memorabilia trade section.

Danny

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21285907@N06/sets/

I suggest you guys to visualize the pics using the Detail mode... You'll be able to read some short notes I wrote...

ProfessorChaos
26-Nov-2007, 08:29 PM
welcome to the boards, brother. looking forward to those pics.:thumbsup:

bassman
26-Nov-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the boards.

And nice way to tease us ya little bastard.:p

doubled77
26-Nov-2007, 09:17 PM
Since I forgot the put the link to the pictures in my first thread, I returned and edited my post... but it looks like my Post has been deleted...

Sorry I'm just too excited about showing you those bloody pictures and I didn't wanted to read 2 hours of Rules & FAQ... Maybe I missed something???
The link brought to a photo sharing website called flickr...

Let me know!

Thanks!

Danny

AcesandEights
26-Nov-2007, 09:42 PM
Since I forgot the put the link to the pictures in my first thread, I returned and edited my post... but it looks like my Post has been deleted...

Maybe you deleted the thread by mistake. It happens. Welcome, by the way :)

Andy
26-Nov-2007, 10:20 PM

Sorry I'm just too excited about showing you those bloody pictures and I didn't wanted to read 2 hours of Rules & FAQ... Maybe I missed something???
The link brought to a photo sharing website called flickr...

Let me know!

Thanks!

Danny
When you join the boards your first 5 posts must be approved by staff if they contain any links or images before they appear to other members.

This only effects your first 5 posts and it is a unfortunate measure to protect ourselves from automatic spambots.

Welcome to the boards btw :)

AcesandEights
26-Nov-2007, 10:38 PM
And now that we get to see them I can give you a big: :thumbsup:

I especially like the Monroeville pics. *Sigh* I'd love to go someday before things change even more. Thanks for the share, man :)

DubiousComforts
26-Nov-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey, Danny. Welcome. Your photos are cool, you found some great locations like the redneck field. It was obviously a good day for taking photos in the cemetery--overcast and creepy, just like the movie.

doubled77
26-Nov-2007, 10:52 PM
I had to edit my post... gone... again... cuz I'm new...

The post should be back soon.

Sorry

ProfessorChaos
27-Nov-2007, 12:31 AM
so the pics were up and i missed them already? hope they get back up soon.

doubled77
27-Nov-2007, 11:15 AM

ProfessorChaos
27-Nov-2007, 05:57 PM
nice man...hope i can get up to the sacred grounds one day.

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2007, 06:07 PM
Great pics. I like the way the sky looks dreary in most of the pictures.

DubiousComforts
27-Nov-2007, 08:07 PM

Is the redneck road and field near the airport? I've visited the mall twice, but haven't scooted over to the airport yet.

Yojimbo
28-Nov-2007, 12:36 AM
Welcome aboard! Very cool photos.

Loved visiting Monroeville Mall, but have never made it to the airfield or to Evans City (where they shot The Crazies) or to the cemetery. Your photos have reminded me that I must talk my wife into another trip to Pittsburgh. Would like this time to make it to all of these places, plus maybe a visit to Fred Rodger's grave to pay my respects.

28-Nov-2007, 01:55 AM
the lady in pic 00050 (evans city cemetary pic) is...

...uhm...

very convincing!

Skippy911sc
28-Nov-2007, 02:19 AM
Very nice pics...

I still can't believe that the mall is still there...the way they tear crap down around here I would think they would have torn it down and built a bigger one...

doubled77
28-Nov-2007, 02:22 AM
To find the " redneck road " and " redneck field " and the airport... Let's say your at the Mall, it's about 10 minutes from it... you have to take :
William Penn Hwy east
turn left on Mosside Blvd, name will change for Haymaker Rd then change to Logans Ferry Rd
Continue on Logans Ferry Rd until you see the Maple Crest Golf Course on your left, when you see the golf, you're there! You should ne able to recognize the brown house...
So, Logan's Ferry Rd is the " redneck road "
the Maple Crest golf course is the " redneck field "
the airport is just behind the golf parking, on the top of the hill.

By the way, I had a chat with the golf owner (GREAT GUY!) while I was there and told me some stories about the shooting of the " redneck sequence " he told me that he's father (that was in front of me, watching the tv in the little golf store) can actually be seen in the " redneck sequence "... then we came out and he showed me where everything he could remember happened... since almost all that sequence was shot on their property...

So, that's it!

This might help you in your journey!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9713/rednecksequencedl5.jpg

Good trip of the dead!

Danny

capncnut
28-Nov-2007, 10:06 AM
Great pictures Danny, thanks for posting them.

jdog
29-Nov-2007, 06:18 AM
awsome pics
one day i will see this stuff to i hope

Yojimbo
29-Nov-2007, 04:57 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9713/rednecksequencedl5.jpg

Good trip of the dead!

Danny

Awsome, Danny!

Glad you joined up, brother!