PDA

View Full Version : Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - my rant...

MinionZombie
01-Dec-2007, 06:19 PM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/12/studio-60-on-sunset-strip.html

A real shame...a damn shame. :(

PJoseph
02-Dec-2007, 04:05 AM
I loved that show - having worked on many variety shows (with D.L. as well actually!) I can attest to the honesty of the production elements of the show's drama.

However, I was pretty done with the tired back and forth of religion and Hollywood - it was a bit much Sorkin for me.

But the TV aspects and character dramas were wonderful. I too wished they have given it another chance. But it's a costly show with large fees - and with the broad comedy appeal and higher ratings of 30 Rock (also a funny, but very different show) there was no chance in hell that Studio 60 was going to come back.

pJ

zombie04
03-Dec-2007, 01:39 AM
personally I liked the show, even though Sorkin's head was very far up his own ass. Even though I am rather conservative and I found the rants on the show a bit repetitive, I was willing to see past them and just enjoy the actors chemistry, which was in great supply. It was also good to see Matthew Perry in a whole new character, which I was hoping would last because it's good when actors can move beyond a Seinfeld-ish curse.

As for the show's cancellation, I believe it was because it had massive drop-offs from the first to second weeks (by 50% I believe), and from there it only got worse. As the season progressed the viewership continued to decline and that's when they decided to show it on and off again. Personally I think it was dumb to put it after Heroes because both shows are aimed at completely different audiences, and having Heroes first wasn't going to leave very many viewers. It might have done better have they put it after a Law & Order or even 30 Rock, which would have been welcome considering ER doesn't need to be on the air anymore.

I stopped watching it halfway through the episodes because that's when the airing became questionable and all the advertising stopped. I'll probably just pick up the dvd eventually...

Ivarr
03-Dec-2007, 09:22 PM
My wife and I enjoyed this show greatly...

Was it perfect? no ... but it was very entertaining and we liked the characters...

I'm very sad to see it go ...

Just another case of network execs looking for a cheep way to fill the seats ... over giving a show enough chance to build an audience.

I wish the whole cast the best of luck and I hope to see them soon in other projects.

Thank you for the entertainment.

Danny
03-Dec-2007, 09:36 PM
thing is, i allready knew it was cancelled before it started on more 4 so i never watched it becuase of that, so no jump in ratings can save it because of this.

jdog
04-Dec-2007, 02:34 AM
its a damn shame