View Full Version : VOTE: Will the BCS get it right?

acealive1
02-Dec-2007, 10:51 PM
The results are in,and they dont lie. in the case of records not showing how good or bad a team is,the prime examples are ohio state and USC. OSU being the tam thats only had one threat this year and lost at home. and USC being the team for 30 years on that people say could actually beat several NFL teams.

1) Do you think the two best teams in the country will play for the national title?

81.6% No
18.4% Yes

2) Is Ohio State one of the two best teams in the nation?

64.7% No
35.3% Yes

3) If Ohio State moves up to No. 1, which other team most deserves to play in the title game?

29.5% LSU
22.1% Georgia
13.5% Hawaii
12.1% Oklahoma
8.6% USC
7.3% Virginia Tech
5.6% Kansas
0.7% West Virginia
0.6% Missouri

4) Should college football have a playoff system?

85.4% Yes
14.6% No

5) If all were involved, which team below do you think would win a playoff this season?

20.5% LSU
20.2% USC
15.0% Georgia
13.0% Ohio State
12.8% Oklahoma
6.5% Florida
4.1% Virginia Tech
3.6% Hawaii
1.5% Kansas
1.5% West Virginia
0.8% Missouri
0.6% Arizona State

6) If college football adopted a playoff, how many teams should be included?

37.9% 8
20.9% 12 (top four seeds receive first-round byes)
18.3% 16
13.3% 6 (top two seeds receive first-round byes)
9.6% 4

7) Would a playoff system make the regular season less compelling?

79.7% No
20.3% Yes

8 ) Would a playoff system make bowl games not involved in the playoff less compelling than current non-BCS games?

67.1% No
32.9% Yes

9) Which do you think would generate more interest if college football had a playoff system?

64.8% December Delirium in college football
35.2% March Madness in college basketball

10) As a fan, which better describes your take on the current state of affairs?

59.3% It's a complete joke and an embarrassment.
40.7% It's great drama and makes for good debate.

Total Votes: 300,905

SRP76
02-Dec-2007, 11:14 PM
Like Lou Holtz said last week: remove the C from BCS, and you've got it.

The system is stupid, it was set up by trained monkeys, and it stays in place because of more trained monkeys.

The trained monkeys say it's better to have a popularity contest than to have a Champion earn it on the field. The trained monkeys say that the 5 million dollars they earn for the "National Championship Game" is more than the 25 million dollars the NFL earns for the SuperBowl.

The trained monkeys tell teams like Boise State and Hawaii, "if you are the ONLY team to go undefeated, have a perfect record, and then beat a BCS conference champion at the end, you still will NEVER be crowned Champion. So, don't bother playing this season".

F'n trained monkeys.

acealive1
03-Dec-2007, 02:21 AM
if all the colleges decided to just boycott those bowls and have thier own,we'd have real bowl games. it doesnt take a scientist to figure out that if u say "hey we will have hawaii and OSU playing each other but its not in a bcs bowl" that people will come in droves. just get a big enough venue and you'll be fine

SRP76
03-Dec-2007, 04:04 AM
if all the colleges decided to just boycott those bowls and have thier own,we'd have real bowl games. it doesnt take a scientist to figure out that if u say "hey we will have hawaii and OSU playing each other but its not in a bcs bowl" that people will come in droves. just get a big enough venue and you'll be fine

I was thinking of something:

The Sugar Bowl is on the same field as the National Championship Game. Hawaii (the only unbeaten) plays in the Sugar (against Georgia) just a few days before the so-called "Championship Game".

If Hawaii beats Georgia, I'd have them stay in New Orleans that week.

Then, after the Ohio State-LSU game ends, I'd have the Hawaii team jump the rail and rush the field, and call out the winner right there, right then, with the whole f'n world watching.

See how much heart the "Champion" really has. I'd love to see a team just get punked out in front of the world. What could they do? If they refuse, the whole world will know they're scared.

acealive1
03-Dec-2007, 04:35 AM
I was thinking of something:

The Sugar Bowl is on the same field as the National Championship Game. Hawaii (the only unbeaten) plays in the Sugar (against Georgia) just a few days before the so-called "Championship Game".

If Hawaii beats Georgia, I'd have them stay in New Orleans that week.

Then, after the Ohio State-LSU game ends, I'd have the Hawaii team jump the rail and rush the field, and call out the winner right there, right then, with the whole f'n world watching.

See how much heart the "Champion" really has. I'd love to see a team just get punked out in front of the world. What could they do? If they refuse, the whole world will know they're scared.

its as bad as when toledo went 10-1 in like 2003 and STAYED HOME. no bowls. no nothin. but a 6-6 team is bowling this year