PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Geophyrd
04-Dec-2007, 04:03 PM
There's definitely going to be spoilers below. If you haven't seen the last episode of the show, do not read it. If you have...talk about it!

So WTF? The seaon finale is over (just when the show was back to excellent) and there won't be a chapter 3 for ages and ages. Sigh. That's the way of it. I support the writers in their strike but dagnabit, I want my enterinfotainment!

By the way, don't take anything you see below as anything but wonder. This show kicks some MAJOR butt

Here's what we saw happen:

Nathan's been shot. and according to here (http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=54328949-b088-457e-9527-ae169b2205b4), they're considering actually keeping him dead. I don't have a huge problem with this. To me the 'brothers Petrelli' weren't the strong part of the show. Yeah, I know, Nathan's been there since the beginning, but so what? First he was going to be President and now he's opening press conferences saying 'Most of you don't know me...' They forgot to make Nathan's story interesting. Its fascinating about his saving his brother, surviving the burns, etc. But what about his political ambitions? What about his wanted to save the world? The Petrellis are supposed to be powerful! When did that storyline vanish? Nathan's now been reduced to boring!

I'm wondering if the man in black might not be mama Petrelli. Its a very easy misdirection to her phone conversation but it could be interpreted as mysterious person on the other end opened up Pandora's box, but Mama Petrelli shot her son to shut it back down again.

Adam is buried alive. We know what happens when immortals are buried alive. They always rise to the surface and they're hungry. Here's a thought...how did he get the way he is? What if he was just an ordinary mortal until a future Hiro took a syringe of Claire's blood into the past and injected him? And how do I get a vial of that stuff?

Niki is dead and not expected to return...but Jessica apparently is. Wierd. Wonder what's in Ali Larter's contract. Does she get to renegotiate if she's playing a different character? According to that article above, the show runners didn't know what to do with her. Here's my suggestions:

Have Nikki join up with Peter, Ando, etc and have Jessica join up with Sylar.

Have Jessica get back to her serial killer roots (remember her dismembering those guys in the garage, leaving Nikki to clean up after?

Sylar's back to being Sylar thanks to Claire's blood. Here's a question...how long does that blood keep healing people. Are we creating multiple immortals? I was clapping when the Latina got the bullet, less so when she got healed. Now she (and Sylar) may be around for a LONG time.

Micah is turning out to be interesting but in a very boring way. How long will it be before he can talk to other people's nervous systems like he talks to computers.

Elle has potential and I think she and Mohinder might wind up together, he becoming her jiminy cricket conscience. How cool.

Matt's gonna turn evil. I see it happening. That powerr of his is a little too seductive. He tried using it on Peter last night and got turned on his ear.

So...open questions:

What were all those objects in the safe? Was that the older generations' Fortress of Solitude with all the souvenirs from past exploits? Are we back in the Lost Room?

Why did Adam want Hiro's sword? And what did he say when he took it? It wasn't distinct.

Is the virus gone? Just like that? If the company really thought it was going to get releasing, why didn't they set up a backup plan, like firebombing the facility in case someone smashed the vial?

The whole 'bullet to the brain' thing...I remain unconvinced. Didn't HRG take a bullet to brain (yes, I know, he caught it in the eye...did you think his eye stopped the bullet?) and get up to lie again? Maybe removing the head, or destroying the brain stem or...get caught DUI in Hawaii (that'd probably do it) might work but I guessing that Adam, Claire and now maybe everyone who got some of the blood will be able to shrug off a bullet to the head.

Heroes Links of Interest
Kristin
www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=54328949-b088-457e-9527-ae169b2205b4
TWOP www.televisionwithoutpity.com/portal/site/TelevisionWithoutPity/menuitem.766266d5c663f366b180b41045001d30

Skippy911sc
04-Dec-2007, 04:44 PM
There's definitely going to be spoilers below. If you haven't seen the last episode of the show, do not read it. If you have...talk about it!

So WTF? The seaon finale is over (just when the show was back to excellent) and there won't be a chapter 3 for ages and ages. Sigh. That's the way of it. I support the writers in their strike but dagnabit, I want my enterinfotainment!

By the way, don't take anything you see below as anything but wonder. This show kicks some MAJOR butt

Here's what we saw happen:

Nathan's been shot. and according to here (http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=54328949-b088-457e-9527-ae169b2205b4), they're considering actually keeping him dead. I don't have a huge problem with this. To me the 'brothers Petrelli' weren't the strong part of the show. Yeah, I know, Nathan's been there since the beginning, but so what? First he was going to be President and now he's opening press conferences saying 'Most of you don't know me...' They forgot to make Nathan's story interesting. Its fascinating about his saving his brother, surviving the burns, etc. But what about his political ambitions? What about his wanted to save the world? The Petrellis are supposed to be powerful! When did that storyline vanish? Nathan's now been reduced to boring!

I'm wondering if the man in black might not be mama Petrelli. Its a very easy misdirection to her phone conversation but it could be interpreted as mysterious person on the other end opened up Pandora's box, but Mama Petrelli shot her son to shut it back down again.

Adam is buried alive. We know what happens when immortals are buried alive. They always rise to the surface and they're hungry. Here's a thought...how did he get the way he is? What if he was just an ordinary mortal until a future Hiro took a syringe of Claire's blood into the past and injected him? And how do I get a vial of that stuff?

Niki is dead and not expected to return...but Jessica apparently is. Wierd. Wonder what's in Ali Larter's contract. Does she get to renegotiate if she's playing a different character? According to that article above, the show runners didn't know what to do with her. Here's my suggestions:

Have Nikki join up with Peter, Ando, etc and have Jessica join up with Sylar.

Have Jessica get back to her serial killer roots (remember her dismembering those guys in the garage, leaving Nikki to clean up after?

Sylar's back to being Sylar thanks to Claire's blood. Here's a question...how long does that blood keep healing people. Are we creating multiple immortals? I was clapping when the Latina got the bullet, less so when she got healed. Now she (and Sylar) may be around for a LONG time.

Micah is turning out to be interesting but in a very boring way. How long will it be before he can talk to other people's nervous systems like he talks to computers.

Elle has potential and I think she and Mohinder might wind up together, he becoming her jiminy cricket conscience. How cool.

Matt's gonna turn evil. I see it happening. That powerr of his is a little too seductive. He tried using it on Peter last night and got turned on his ear.

So...open questions:

What were all those objects in the safe? Was that the older generations' Fortress of Solitude with all the souvenirs from past exploits? Are we back in the Lost Room?

I think it was a bunch of stuff that has been l;oct to humanity...like JFKs brain???

Why did Adam want Hiro's sword? And what did he say when he took it? It wasn't distinct.

I think Adam said "This Belongs to Me

Is the virus gone? Just like that? If the company really thought it was going to get releasing, why didn't they set up a backup plan, like firebombing the facility in case someone smashed the vial?

I like to think that Peter is a carrier for the virus now...I saw how it was absorbed into his skin

The whole 'bullet to the brain' thing...I remain unconvinced. Didn't HRG take a bullet to brain (yes, I know, he caught it in the eye...did you think his eye stopped the bullet?) and get up to lie again? Maybe removing the head, or destroying the brain stem or...get caught DUI in Hawaii (that'd probably do it) might work but I guessing that Adam, Claire and now maybe everyone who got some of the blood will be able to shrug off a bullet to the head.

Remember when Clair had a piece of wood stuck in her head and it killed her till the wood was pulled out...maybe something along those lines...perhaps cutting the head off is the only real permanant way to kill some of these heros

Heroes Links of Interest
Kristin
www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=54328949-b088-457e-9527-ae169b2205b4
TWOP www.televisionwithoutpity.com/portal/site/TelevisionWithoutPity/menuitem.766266d5c663f366b180b41045001d30

Just my opinion of course on all the Qs asked ;)

DeadJonas190
09-Dec-2007, 07:58 AM
Now here is one of my ideas, what if Claires powers were not natural. We know the company is able to give people powers, but we don't know how they do it or if they are just bringing out latent powers within people. So what if when Clair supposedly died in the fire caused by her mom when she was a baby, she really did die, but they injected the dead baby with Adam's blood to see if it worked to heal her and it did, plus it gave her the power to regenerate.

So if my theory is correct, Nathan, Sylar and the Mexican girl (forgot her name) were given "second generation" regenerating blood, which may not be as powerful.

As for the items in the vault, the thing that stuck out to me were the playing cards. Do you think they were a nod to Gambit? How about that pyramid, maybe they are part of the Illuminati.

As for the virus, I don't think Peter is a carrier, it turned into dust and kind of blew out of his hand in a really bad CGI way, but you never know, he very well could be the carrier now as he was immune to it in the future.

Legion2213
10-Dec-2007, 06:47 AM
I've never seen this show! Folks tell me it's quite good (I believe it also ties into the new "Cloverfield" movie in some way...one of the characters is seen drinking "Slusho" which plays a part in the movie I mentioned).

clanglee
12-Dec-2007, 01:05 AM
Ahhhh my favorite show of all time. The wait for new episodes is gonna kill me. Personally, I don't think The blood is gonna give permanent healing abilities. I think it would wear off after a while.